Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
gothicusmaximus

I'm going have these shoes.

http://www.sneakerhead.com/317552-531.html

Look at them. Soak in their glory. Let their majesty gush forth and suffuse your immediate surroundings, let the fire of their grandeur transform the cold glow of your computer monitor into a blistering heat. Be humbled, for your eyes have cast themselves upon the most awesome shoes ever wrought by human hands, the only shoes fit for the divine feet of Gothicus Maximus.

I will possess them. Godslayer Jillian, I know you're thinking about posting something regarding the manufacture of these shoes, but I warn you, curb thy tongue, for I care not. I would personally cut down 17 little Colombian boys with 12 hours work days to own these marvelous items of footwear.

I just thought you should all know.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
PortraitOfSanity

Nice, yet amateurish. When it comes to disgustingly awesome sneakers, there is but one option. Behold, the Puma Speedcat in Italian suede:
http://images.askmen.com/fashion/app...peed-cat_1.jpg

I shall accept your apology for linking those Nikes anytime.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Nice, yet amateurish. When it comes to disgustingly awesome sneakers, there is but one option. Behold, the Puma Speedcat in Italian suede:
http://images.askmen.com/fashion/app...peed-cat_1.jpg

I shall accept your apology for linking those Nikes anytime.
I'm noticing a distinct lack of purple in this reputedly 'disgutingly awesome' design.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
PortraitOfSanity

You can get them in purple if you want. All the Speedcats look badass.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
Starmoonshine

My sneakers beat those by far! Well no not really but mine do have dragons on them. Why do sneakers for guys seem to look better than sneakers for girls? Seriously.
Starmoonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
gothicusmaximus

Dragons are pretty tight, but only if they're ferocious occidental dragons and not some pussy Chinese shit. The answer to your question is that men use their shoes to signal superiority to other males, as well as to attract mates, the same reason why male peacocks have those massive, ornate tails and male ibex have horns.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
Pyre

With violet shoes, Gothicus, you may be attracting the wrong kind of mates.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
Underwater Ophelia

They're neat, but they aren't running shoes.
I buy sneakers to jet.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Purple is a dignified color of regency. There was a time when men lay down fortunes for the honor of wearing this hue anywhere on their person. Women worthy of my regard will recognize this.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #10
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Those shoes rule indeed, GM.

I own a pair of Circa's for sneaking around:

http://www.unitedskate.com/shoes/images/6219647120.jpg

And a pair of Converse running shoes with silver reflecting stars for walking the dogs, but I can't find a net photo of them at present.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #11
Pyre

I wear boots from Goodwill. I win this game yet.

Gothicus: purple may once have been the color of regency, but it is now the color of flamboyancy, and I don't mean it in the fashionable way. smileyfacethatwon'tshowup

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #12
Starmoonshine

Hm...well my sneakers may have a bit of a chinese inspired dragon on it but it's very hard to tell. I just really liked how they looked. I'm very picky on my shoes for some reason. I'm picky on everything.
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...3-23-02718.jpg

You know you like it.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #13
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Gothicus: purple may once have been the color of regency, but it is now the color of flamboyancy, and I don't mean it in the fashionable way. smileyfacethatwon'tshowup
Bitch, Klingons have purple blood. Mace Windu had a purple lightsaber. America is a purple nation. Don't talk shit about purple.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
Starmoonshine

Purple is also the color of a lot of grape flavored foods and the color of my Florida Department of Health pen where on one side it says ****. Talk about it. Prevent it. Ah purple you come up in so many different places. I wuv you. Even on shoes you don't look half bad.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #15
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmoonshine View Post
Purple is also... the color of my Florida Department of Health pen where on one side it says ****. Talk about it. Prevent it.
I should write that on the shoes.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Bitch, Klingons have purple blood. Mace Windu had a purple lightsaber. America is a purple nation. Don't talk shit about purple.
Reason within itself to talk shit!

P.S. you're way too much of a nerd with those examples. They were beyond me, I had to Google them.

P.P.S. Using Mace Windu is another good example to my point as the new movies are terrible (and most people don't read the books, so they don't count, shhhh).

Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #17
Starmoonshine

But that doesn't make him a nerd it makes him a geek. And to be fair geeks are hawt alright? I can say that because I'm a girl who happens to think that.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #18
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
P.P.S. Using Mace Windu is another good example to my point as the new movies are terrible (and most people don't read the books, so they don't count, shhhh).
Mace Windu is the best part of the prequels. Things that are largely horrible can incorporate awesome aspects, e.g. I visit these boards.
If my prior examples are too nerdy for you, here are some that might be more your speed: Haunter is purple. Aerodactyl is purple. So are Venomoth, Weezing, Starmie, Golbat, Ditto, Nidoking, Rattata, Shellder and Mewtwo.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:01 AM   #19
jack_the_knife

I owned these a while back.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:21 AM   #20
Solumina

GM you're missing a "to" in the threads title

On topic: I'm not usually a fan a purple footwear but I do like those
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:29 AM   #21
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
GM you're missing a "to" in the threads title
Jesus christ, do you people see the magnitude of this problem? I'm going senile or something. These incessant typos need to end.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:00 AM   #22
CrimsonPythonidae

Those shoes are great, so is Mace Windu. My boyfriend is getting his (replica) lightsaber soon *big grin*
I can't even find my shoes . . Summer's ending and it's getting cold so I better look harder, I just know spiders will be living in them by now.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #23
Pyre

Quote:
Mace Windu is the best part of the prequels. Things that are largely horrible can incorporate awesome aspects, e.g. I visit these boards.
If my prior examples are too nerdy for you, here are some that might be more your speed: Haunter is purple. Aerodactyl is purple. So are Venomoth, Weezing, Starmie, Golbat, Ditto, Nidoking, Rattata, Shellder and Mewtwo.
Yes, but Bulbasaur is where it's at. Haven't you noticed my awesome avatar? And Mace Windu is only cool because he's played by Samuel L. Jackson.

P.S. is it wrong for me to love you a little bit for making the pokémon references?
(Also, you forgot Haunter which is the coolest purple pokémon.)

Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #24
Pyre

Quote:
Jesus christ, do you people see the magnitude of this problem? I'm going senile or something. These incessant typos need to end.
I considered mentioning it, but assumed you already knew and didn't want to admit to it hoping no one would notice. It is somewhat amusing, however, reading your title as is.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #25
Opteron_Man

Quote:
The purple is garish and totally over the top. But Gothicus, if that is what turns your crank, then go for it.
Personally, I think you can do much better. Hey if you want to be stupid and blow your money on shit, then that is your call. I am shocked that your judgment has lapsed this far, I mean really.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote