Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
Prisonic Fairytale

Silent Hill?

My favorite games. I love the ethereal and sometimes macabre atmosphere. My favorite is probably 3, but I also like 2. My favorite part by far is the music.... ah, thank you Akira Yamaoka.

I thought the movie held to the general atmosphere pretty well but it could have been a little better, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the second one, just because it IS Silent Hill.

Which game is your favorite?
Prisonic Fairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Angelic Dissonance

There's going to be a second one? Awesome! I laughed at the first one, when the leader woman was ripped apart by vaginal barbed-wire. It was so fake--it reminded me of Jaws 3-D! Yeh, it was pretty atmospheric, and I give it my respect for that.... But I still wish for a better Resident Evil movie. Maybe an Anime!
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
Prisonic Fairytale

Definitely. I'm looking forward to the next one. I thought it was more fake when Pyramid Head pulled of Anna's flesh. But it was still a cool scene when he was walking up the stairs. He's so badass.
A Resident Evil would be pretty cool. With an obscure animation, like Aeon Flux but different.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
Saya

I doubt the second movie will go ahead to be honest, they've been putting it on hold forever. And its apparently not going to be about James so meh. They royally fucked up by having Pyramid Head in the first movie anyway.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
Prisonic Fairytale

Yeah. I'm not expecting it to be all that great. I suppose Pyramid Head did fuck things up for being in the first movie as far as keeping to the games, but I still enjoyed that he was for the movie's sake.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Cat Man

Silent Hill 2 definitely gets my vote. And in my opinion, though the first Silent Hill film was good, the follow up will allow room for improvement on its predecessor.
Cat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:24 AM   #7
Alchemical_Moxie

I only ever played the third SH game for a few hours, but even with that little experience I was amazed at how well the movie kept the atmosphere of the game. Unlike, say, the Resident Evil movies which went from unwieldy, slow-moving main characters to Milla Jovovich doing flying Jackie Chan off-the-wall kung fu kicks.
Alchemical_Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
Llyallowyn

The Resident Evil movies became less about the keeping the original tone of the game intact, and more about how hot and flexible Milla Jovovich is.

I am interested in the outcome of the latest Silent Hill game. Shattered Memories had the most retarded controls I have had to work with in a long time, and the pacing was equally terrible. My disdain also stretches to the laughable plot of Homecoming and equally improper pacing. My favorites are probably SH2 and SH3, but like I said, I am eagerly awaiting what looks to be a major upgrade to the feel of the survival-horror genre via Downpour.

Sadly, it is my understanding that Akira Yamaoka will no longer provide the frighteningly awesome soundtrack many of us have come to love. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-downpour.aspx For a little further reading on that matter.
Llyallowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
Sinjob

The first one was bad enough.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote