Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
lucitrx

Are long line corsets uncomfortable?

I realize that any corset is going to be somewhat uncomfortable but are long-line ones especially so? I was looking at the ones at Gallery Serpentine and they look like they might dig into one's thighs.

lucitrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Pineapple_Juice

Eh, they're not so bad. It depends on one's thighs and how one plans to sit.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Solumina

I've never really found corsets to be that uncomfortable once you get used to breathing a tad differently, the long line ones also take a bit of practice to sit in but honestly even before you get it right they don't dig painfully, just provide a bit of pressure and discomfort.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
girasol

I have a long line femme fatale corset from gallery and have never found it uncomfortable. You can tighten or loosen it to suit yourself just as you would with other corsets -
and just like other styles of proper corsets, when you sit down you can't just slouch or lay down at funny angles.

so... I wouldn't say they are uncomfortable at all - they look much prettier anyway
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
dmarisca

I think well-fitting ones are quite comfortable, do not restrict breathing as such.
dmarisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
honeythorn

*sigh* I'd love one like that.

I can't wear a normal one for one of two reasons: A- Back tits. I'm a huge great fat thing and back tits as well as underarm overhang is not something the general public needs to be subjected to. And B - I find that most normal ones appear to be FAR too short in the body. I'm not tall but they all seem to end too far up the stomach, and in my case ( with my stomach being the way it is ) that is a BAD look to go for.

Still. Back tits and underarm overhang, not to mention lack of funds is the main reason I can't have one of these. I'd love one when I've lost more weight though.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
SiouxsiePernova

I do not think that long-line corsets would be any more uncomfortable than regular corsets, but I suppose that the only way to know for sure would be to try one on for yourself.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote