Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Scabette

Hair conditioner = HATE

All that most hair conditioners do is coat the hair in a fine layer of silicone-type substance. Which makes it IMPOSIBBLE to back-comb properly. It just stays flat and shiny and happy.

Basically, I am ranting because my hair is so straight, healthy and shiny, that it will no longer do the teased-to-death hawk thing. I'm washing it wish handsoap tomorrow.
Scabette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
morgy

Hehe, good luck.

once a girl a knew washed her hair with hand soap and they got so dry and stiff that she couldn't comb them.

But honestly, good luck with your teased to death hawk thing (I'm ashamed to say I have no idea what that is :S )
morgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Pineapple_Juice

Do you put the conditioner on your scalp as well?
I condition, but only on the ends of my hair. When I backcomb it doesn't give me problems.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
Scabette

Any time I use conditioner, my hair goes flat as fuck. And I just got it cut short, which means it looks even worse flat.

Ya know, dry, stiff, uncombable hair is pretty much what I desire, as long as it's also vertical.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
CarmillaStyria

Try shampooing and conditioning your hair with products for oily hair.... in case in doesn't work wash your hair with Prell shampoo.
CarmillaStyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

Damaging hair is pretty easy. Bleach it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
RottenLace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabette View Post
All that most hair conditioners do is coat the hair in a fine layer of silicone-type substance. Which makes it IMPOSIBBLE to back-comb properly. It just stays flat and shiny and happy.

Basically, I am ranting because my hair is so straight, healthy and shiny, that it will no longer do the teased-to-death hawk thing. I'm washing it wish handsoap tomorrow.
But it would be a good idea to use conditioner on the days you don't do it up. I have a death hawk and my hair has to deal with major damage so I condition it when ever possible. USE conditioner it will help with the damage.....
RottenLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
korinna5555

Use a cone-free conditioner. They're not hard to find if you know what to look for. Nature's Gate Henna is a good one, and even Vo5 makes some cone-free conditioners, if you are on a budget.

Also, when you want to put your hair up, wash it with Dr Bronners and don't condition; it will strip it and make it easier to backcomb.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
Scabette

Status report: Washed hair with soap, it helped a little.

As it happens, I have a bottle of Dr Bronner's on its way to me, and will be bleaching my hair soon to dye it stupid colours.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
korinna5555

Bronner's is the shit. I've been using it for three years.