Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
Altemese

Unhappy Any Race Can Do What Ever The Hell They Want To Do

I was looking at the boards tonight, and I saw something that really offended me. A Thread bashing African-Americans.

It Went a little something like this: Lets face it. Blade was shit and Blackula should have pointed that out before it happened. Just look at 30 Days of Night. The black vampire fucks up everything by infecting people. Black vampires just don't have a clue.

Ever had the misfortune of seeing Dracula 3000? I rest my case.

There are many reasons for this. For one thing vampires should not have skin pigmentation. They don't go out in the sun, and they aren't scary. Having a black person walking around in a cape with a Romanian accent is ridiculous.
You can go ahead and say I'm being racist but black people just don't make good vampires. I don't know why, can't put my finger on it. It simply does not work. It's the same reason the white guy is always the comic relief or getting killed in a street gang movie or why Malibu's Most Wanted was made.

Black people make terrible vampires.

Quote by Eclipsing the Son

I posted on that thread all ready. But I was so upset by this, I had to make my own thread.

Than vindicatedxjin said This about blacks:
The majority of blacks I have met have bad manners,bad attitude, don’t know how to speak English right, don’t want to hear the truth, the guys spend too much time chasing women for sex and getting them pregnant,leaving the “girlfriend” having a butt load of children and they end up on welfare.
You're black, ugly, stupid, hypocritical, have no good traits whatsoever, and you suck at humor.
I am not racist!

I'm sorry, but that does sound racist to me. And I have to say. That all African-American people are not like that. I graduated from an all black high school in Chicago (a class of 650) and now I'm in school receiving my degree in nursing. I just feel that these two people are very narrow minded. And it is said that racism is still present in this century.
Altemese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Mir

Post a picture of yourself.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
Altemese

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...bfbdf0813c.jpg
Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Mir

Yum, yum!!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I've always thought black vampires were alright, sure dead white is nice, but it's also nice to add a bit of color into the mix while still looking undead at the same time.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
Mir

Vampires of any/all colour/race are lame.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Catch

Still it is true, vampires can be from any race. I don't know, there was actually a Bone Thugs in Harmony video that better captured the vampire/goth essence then the costume department at some of these movie studios. There is a point on both sides; however, it is not the fault of the actor or actress.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #8
Catch

Here's a video Bone Thugs in Harmony "Crossroads:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYAEHE2GrM
Old 01-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #9
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altemese View Post
Stuff
As I saw it, it was a joke. Granted, a whack one but still.

And saying that she's racist is like saying that The Pope's Catholic, bears shit in the woods and Blacula is black.

Equally offensive are notorious members wanting mixed children and thinking that "chimping out" is not a racist sentiment. Just something for you to stew about. (If you're a regular, you should have quite a knot in your stomach being formed at the thought of their names)
Old 01-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #10
MollyMac

Aww Lolly, the "chimping out" comment was just a by-product of Jo-Jo the Dog Face Boy's Aspergers. Where is your sensitivity? Where is your compassion????

*snicker*

But yeah, there have been even worse comments made all over this place (Remember the Prussian Blue thread? It's simple bullshit and intimidation. Forums, like real life, will follow a pattern:

As minorities or perceived minorities (race, gender, ethnicity, etc.) start to make up more of the population per capita, the former majority becomes threatened, lashes out, and moves to someplace else where the stratus is more homogenized to their liking. The idea of 'White Flight' on a goth forum makes me giggle. It means that for all of their hyperbole and self-aggrandizing, that goths are shit just like everyone else.

Let 'em have their hate. They are their own victims.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:57 AM   #11
Underwater Ophelia

Black people do make terrible vampires, though.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:20 AM   #12
Not Tha Duckman

Thumbs up

Anything makes a terrible vampire. I'm into mummies, now.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
Altemese

But when everything is said and done, it all comes down to a person opinion. and the more i mature and grow older, i began to ignore peoples opinions and focus on the facts of life. You may feel that African-Americans make terrible Vampires, I think any person of any race can be a terrible Vamp. It all depends on the actress or actor. But to say that particularly African-Americans make terrible Vamps, that is really a narrow statement.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #14
Despanan

Guys, we've allready established this:

Black people are immune to vampirism, recieve a + 5 damage bonus when armed with pistols, -15 accuracy, a + 3 to mana per cubic inch of booty size, and can leap into any shadow to travel the roads of the Nightrealms.

Also, Mexicans can't be rangers, and Asians don't donate money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #15
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
But when everything is said and done, it all comes down to a person opinion. and the more i mature and grow older, i began to ignore peoples opinions and focus on the facts of life. You may feel that African-Americans make terrible Vampires, I think any person of any race can be a terrible Vamp. It all depends on the actress or actor. But to say that particularly African-Americans make terrible Vamps, that is really a narrow statement.
Aren't you misplacing your anger? If there was a rash of statements like TrollishlyRacistWallofTextGate 2009 going around right now and it goes along the lines of "Peeps of color? In my goth?! *death glare/leer* (Even though Bauhaus' sound cut its teeth on reggae)"/"Some of my Facebook friends are black so the N-word is fair game." then you're definitely justified in your rant. But when you get riled up over people not liking the idea of Blade and Blacula period, then you need to sit down for a bit.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #16
the-nihilist

Black people make terrible white supremacists.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #17
Ophelia's Snorkel

Oh, christ. Black people can't be convincing vampires? Think of the black goths you know, and it's obvious the ones who look good on Friday night would look good as vampires (not that vampires in clubs is ever something anyone should encourage).
Old 01-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #18
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
Black people make terrible white supremacists.
Bullshit they do.
Quote:
Old 01-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #19
Ben Lahnger

All vampires suck.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
You're embarrassing your entire race.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #21
the-nihilist

Nigga please!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #22
Altemese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
You're embarrassing your entire race.
Question: How am I embarrassing my race? I felt like posting my opinion. Not that it should be important to you. Cause I could care less, and I do. If you didn't like this thread or what ever your problem was, why did you take the time to post here. Move on. This thread is just my out look of another thread and how I felt about it.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #23
Despanan

Quote:
Question: How am I embarrassing my race?
You're allowing yourself to be trolled into posting a ridiculous, condescending thread, by a troll who was banned months ago.
Quote:
Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #24
Altemese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik View Post
Aren't you misplacing your anger? If there was a rash of statements like TrollishlyRacistWallofTextGate 2009 going around right now and it goes along the lines of "Peeps of color? In my goth?! *death glare/leer* (Even though Bauhaus' sound cut its teeth on reggae)"/"Some of my Facebook friends are black so the N-word is fair game." then you're definitely justified in your rant. But when you get riled up over people not liking the idea of Blade and Blacula period, then you need to sit down for a bit.
It's not about the whole vamp thing. That is just a part of it. My main problem was with vindicatedxjin, and all the stereotypical crap he said about African-American. I understand were you are coming from about getting up set about blade and blacula. I just wanted to put my full perspective on that one with this thread. But vindicatedxjin took a little to far.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #25
Altemese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
You're allowing yourself to be trolled into posting a ridiculous, condescending thread, by a troll who was banned months ago.
I'm sorry Despanan. I did not know he was banned, excuse me. I have been absent for some time. But thank you for letting me know that persons status. I know now, that when I see his jerk of a thread to avoid it. But I still don't feel embarrassed.