Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #51
Azareal Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
but there are some who are still nasty - the voltaire kill unsuspecting tourists, Victoria makes a vamp army.

Is it the venom/no coffins/can go out in daylight that is the dealbreaker? I'm curious about what it is you don't like about it, not just that the SM's vampires are stupid - and I'll go and look at the older threads when I get chance.
I agree, I have more issues with twilight than just the "are they or are they not vampires?" thing. I have major issues with the way the books were written and what message I feel they are delivering to the generation of females reading them and watching the movies.
I personally love the Voltaire, they bring me back to when vampires were the perfect combination of romanticizing the monster. (don't hate me for it, but I am a fan of Anne Rice's vampires although I've found better romanticized versions that top hers)
I guess It's that when people look at twilight and think vampires they think of the Cullens, because they are the main vampires in the series, and the vampire craze circles around the sparkling, brooding, stalking, non fanged, can't be destroyed by really anything (they have like 2 weaknesses and that irks me to hell, so as a human and vampire lifestyler I'm doubly angered) vampire that takes romanticizing the monster too far, because there is no longer a monster there to romanticize.

I've actually put 99.875% of my thoughts on this series down on paper and I'd be willing to post it if anyone wants to check out my full rant on this series. (movies excluded)
Azareal Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #52
Ben Lahnger

Fruitbat, yes it was Charlton Heston ... back in his Soylent Green, "Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!" era.

The Omega Man was the 2nd of three films made from Richard Matheson's story "I Am Legend", and the best version in my opinion. Although the original "The Last Man On Earth" with Vincent Price is a guilty pleasure for me, poor production values aside.

Oh, on point for the thread topic, my favorite vampire movie of all time is "The Night Stalker", one of the most watched tele-films of all time, where the vampire was treated as a near animal-like creature, devoid of any value except a never-ending thirst for blood, superhuman strength and a complete lack of regard for the sanctity of human life.

I like my monsters to be evil, thank you.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #53
ape descendant

Man, as an adult it seems frustrating that such drivel is being pumped into young mindes.. untill I look back at some of the absolute shit that I used to read...

I mean really, I'm mainly happy that these kids are reading SOMETHING. Even if it is bad vampire fan-fiction with mormon and pedophile overtones.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #54
Fruitbat

Ben - I have seen 'The last man on earth'. love Vincent Price. Will try and find The Nightstalker.

AC - I'd be willing to read it, but I'm not sure about others on this forum. Say what you like about Twilight. :-D

AD - *nods*shrugs* But there are plenty of fairystories for little kids where the girls are sitting around waiting for Prince Charming to come and rescue them, which send completely the wrong message - 'girls just sit and wait until PC comes along to save you'
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #55
ape descendant

At least they'll have something to read while they're waiting.. heh heh...

Be Kind
Old 08-07-2010, 02:21 AM   #56
Fruitbat

^bloody long wait **taps fingers on bench** womder where he is - oh thats right there is no prince charming, only mr okay 4 the moment.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #57
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
AD - *nods*

The majority of vampire books directed at the YA audience are pretty much the same. Vampires have gone from icky looking people to gorgeous hunks/honeys.

Mary Sue Bella - that's a good one :-D
Coming soon, my fanfic about Mary Sue Bella and Mary Sue Sookie falling in love, running away together and finding actual hobbies.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #58
Fruitbat

Saya - LOL - yeah those girls really need something to something like needlecraft or something.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #59
Razeal18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanoBliv View Post
You'd rather Edward burst into flames?

Well, let's look at it this way. If Edward bursts into flames and dies a molten, fleshy death, every tween in the world will begin to cry furiously. Their tears will then cause a great Flood, which will spell out humanity's doom.

But we Goths (being such intelligible creatures ;3) will foresee this, and create a huge Ark, from which our kind live upon why'll all of the worthless, conformist bastards sink to their watery graves....

...I think I'd like that.
lets leave out people like fred phelps and kent hovind this time. lest someone in the distant future think the we brought dinosaurs on our ark too
By thy shut soul's hypocrisy;
By the perfection of thine art
Which pass'd for human thine own heart;
By thy delight in others' pain,
And by thy brotherhood of Cain,
I call upon thee! and compel
Thyself to be thy proper Hell!

-Manfred by Lord Byron
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #60
Razeal18

oh yes and regarding the actual topic of this thread, that's what happens when a harlequin romance novelist goes thru a midlife crisis, and starts talking to their tween emo daughter, only hearing the words vampires and werewolves are sexy. Someone queue up the douchey little vampire kids south park episode.
By thy shut soul's hypocrisy;
By the perfection of thine art
Which pass'd for human thine own heart;
By thy delight in others' pain,
And by thy brotherhood of Cain,
I call upon thee! and compel
Thyself to be thy proper Hell!

-Manfred by Lord Byron
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #61
MollyMac

Methinks GNet doth protest too much on the whole Twilight thing.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #62
ape descendant

Awe, what makes ya say that?

Be Kind
Old 08-20-2010, 02:01 AM   #63
Senor_Sadomachism

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dark_KNIGHT View Post
I fucking hate it.

From what I gather the whole concept seems to be will she fuck a werewolf or a vampire?

What the fuck? Are we encouraging supernatural bestiality to the younger generations now?

In my day, vamps were fucking mean, now they have turned into Rob fucking Patterson. Or Pattinson. Either way, he's a cunt.

And these fucking kids walking around trying to perfect "the look"....fuck off and die before I batter you all to death with a wet bat you fucking cretinous plebs.
OH MY GOD HES SO HOAWT I WANNA GO DOWN ON HIM... Sorry I had to say it. Which one is he Edward? Cause I really wanna fuck the guy who plays the Werewolf. *drools*
Senor_Sadomachism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #64
Hydrodyssodia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dark_KNIGHT View Post
I fucking hate it.
In my day, vamps were fucking mean, now they have turned into Rob fucking Patterson. Or Pattinson. Either way, he's a cunt.
Pattison actually seems like a bro, and he dislikes most of the twilight fans. He is just doing it for the money.
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #65
Hydrodyssodia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor_Sadomachism View Post
OH MY GOD HES SO HOAWT I WANNA GO DOWN ON HIM... Sorry I had to say it. Which one is he Edward? Cause I really wanna fuck the guy who plays the Werewolf. *drools*
Jacob?
I really don't care about the main ones; One of the vamp girls, the one with short hair is pretty cute; so is the vamp guy with the curly hair; but I really don't think they do anything important in the story.
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #66
Senor_Sadomachism

Yeah Jacob! :P He's so sexy!
Senor_Sadomachism is offline   Reply With Quote