Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #101
WolfMoon

Guess it's being merged with this one.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #102
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmafia5
Hi. I'm new here, but I'm also not goth. I am, however doing a research paper on gothic culture and was wondering if anyone here could give me some personal feedback on what it really is like to be goth. If you guys could post anything, just tell me a little about yourselves and stuff like that it would be great. Thanks!

You suck.. do your own fucking homework.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #103
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reject_Bunnies
This originally was a thread all it's own(And locked)...how did it get posted here?!
my doing.

we made the point earlier. nothing puts an exclamation point on it like a fucktarded addition from welshmafia or his/her ilk.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:13 AM   #104
Cruel Intentions

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmafia5
Hi. I'm new here, but I'm also not goth. I am, however doing a research paper on gothic culture and was wondering if anyone here could give me some personal feedback on what it really is like to be goth. If you guys could post anything, just tell me a little about yourselves and stuff like that it would be great. Thanks!
On a slightly less harsher note...

This is not the right website, let alone the right thread.

Try wikipedia.com

wikipedia has all the answers.

On a note more in tone with the general response..

Fuck off and don't come back.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #105
maggot

I'm Wikipedia's bitch.

I rely on it day and night, and read it for fun. I get my sick kicks that way.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:33 PM   #106
Sobeh

I just now read this whole thread, and it was to the tune of Tolchock, I Feel Sick, the chorus for which is "I hope nothing upsets me, Today". Har!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:55 AM   #107
Mr.Crow13666

Q1. Would you describe yourself as a Goth?
Yes.

Q2. Why? What does Goth mean to you?
I'm goth becuase I express myself as I wish, and care not for others opinions. Also I relate to a number of goths in the areas of music, and love of death and other dark things

Q3. How do you like to dress during the day and at night?
I usually wear black at all hours of the day. I wear a number of shirts from hot topic. I understand a number of people dislike hot topic, but as I said earlier, I express myself as I wish, and care not for others opinions.

Q4. Are you trying to convey a message with the way you dress? If yes, what is it?
I'm just trying to show who I am through my style of dress. I like many many dark things, as such I dress in a dark manner.

Q5. Has your view of what a Goth is changed over the time you’ve been involved in the subculture?
No. My opinions rarely change on what goth is, as no one can clearly define it. Goth is as the interprater see's it and can be defined in no other way.

Q6. What sort of music do you listen to and what do you like about it?
I listen to rock 60's and up. Primarily Metal, and "Goth Rock". I like the dark lyrical content of the two said genres. I also like that I can relate to some of the more emotional pieces by some of the artists in those two genres.

Q7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I listen to music, go out with my friends, none of which are gothic and write poetry.

Q8. How interested are you in art and literature?
I'm highly interested in art and literature. I believe there are no higher ways of expression.

Q9. What ideals do you think you share with other Goths, if any?
I think we can all agree that being yourself is the most goth thing you can do. If your not yourself, how can you be sure your goth?

Q10. Would it bother you if Goth went mainstream and became a fashion trend? Why?
Not at all. Mainstream is just what a majority of the people like. Nothing more. There is no need to compete with such a trivial thing. So long as we stay true to ourselves thats really all that matters.

Q11. Is there a difference between younger Goths (12 – 17) and older Goths (18+)? If yes, what is it?
I believe the older goths have a higher wisdom and understanding, however I have found many 18+ that are far less mature than myself.

Q12. Which, if either, do you think is more important in your subculture and why: style (what you wear and how you look) or content (what you know and how you feel)?
Content. Anyone can dress goth. Few can stand by the principals of self expression it conveys.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #108
student

Just to let you all know i handed the whole dissertation in on friday, feels like a massive weight off my shoulders i can tell you! So, thanks to everyone who's contributed and debated the subject, but i guess this thread should be closed now (hint, hint).

I'll come and post my results and the dissertation (if its any good) when it's been marked, if anyone's interested.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:32 AM   #109
Wise Child

Yeah, do. Good luck with it!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Old 03-19-2006, 07:14 AM   #110
WolfMoon

Since the paper's been done, this thread no longer has a use.

*THREAD CLOSED*
Closed Thread