Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:40 AM   #1
Drake Dun

For the record.

Jerky camera work is trash. If I wanted realism, I would walk out my front door. Anyway you blew the whole suspension of disbelief thing when you put in the gargantuan octopus, or whatever it's going to turn out to be.

I am now watching "Cloverfield". It has monsters and mass destruction, so I'm going to continue trying to watch, but seriously. Stabilize the fucking camera and let us fill in the chaos and panic with our imaginations. The Blair Witch Project exhausted any shred of novelty this shit had to begin with. Forever. Never do it again, period.

Thank you. This has been a message from your cranky, ungrateful consumer base.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
Eclipsing the Son

On the other side of this. People who claim 'motion sickness' to such movies are just as full of shit as the people who make these style of movies.

Yeah? Motion sickness? Like you get in the car? But... You're sitting completely still... Bullshit.

Cloverfield was alright though. I just don't think the 'pointing the camera at your feet' thing is very accurate.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote