Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-23-2005, 05:53 AM   #1
Satan's Spawn

Imaginary country? make it funny, I need to laugh.

Okay, some people might think me childish to still be thinking about this, so just to get it out of the way, I am childish.

But anyway, me and my sister have been thinking up names of imaginary countries, mostly for fun, but also to fire at infuriating crap-sellers who goes "where are you from?" "ooh, Denmark" and you know they haven't got a clue where the fuck that is. Not that it matters

But mostly I wanna make a country, just to be creative, make an event, and to copy Lars Vilks "Ladonia". And To have some shit to write on my walls. And to start a Thread. So fire away, if you could have your own country, what would the name be, what would be special about it, and what would you be?

I'll start. My country would be Nonoshvia, and the way you say formally hello is "g'Allow" and just normally it's "Jeh". I'd be the person in the highest position, the almighty vuRtugg. (pronounced wartoch)
The country is a monarchy, with the vuRtugg at the top. She's a kind of King, just female (not queen, as those come second best to the king). If a boy is the firstborn, and a girl secondborn, it will still be the girl who'll become the vuRtugg.
The only real food in the country will be figgs and marzipan. everything else is considered "sin-food". We have a lot of that. People drink absinth to everything, and even infants are fed absinth in bottles by the age of 2. it's the law. The only reason we are rich enough to do that, is becouse everyone in the country are either goldminers (lots and lots of gold in Nonoshvia), figg-farmers, absinth brewers, or working for the government. It's the government who distributes the marzipan. Including me. I test it all ^_^

okay, I'm rabling, I'll just leave eveyone else to tell me about their country, where newbies like me would get boiled in oil, and choked in my own guts.

Just if someone doesn't know who Lars Vilks is, or what "Ladonia" is, here's the website.

http://www.ladonia.net/

Just to spread the word to the world.

Sorry, I know this thread is stupid, but it's a product of my boredom. Maybe I should go do my homework instead, what do I know. Just don't take yourself too serious.
Satan's Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
MrMaelstrom

lil' dude, you really must be bored. Now go read a book: www.litrix.com

Hope that helps. M from Lusitania (I'm the local fertility deity).
Old 12-30-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

Hehe, nah it's not stupid. Youactually show some creativity. I like that
Let's see, my county would be called France. No wait, that already exists. How about Elysia
Yeah, I like it.
The country would be entirely made of scientists/philosophers/poets. There is no manual labor because we invented androids
Don't worry, we're not cruel with them. Their nature is just to help, so they are happy with their work.
Everyone would live in at least a manor. The cities would have the Roman architecture, the Greek harmony and aesthetics, and the Venetian Renaissance hope of the future.
It would be the least populated country because our society is used to mantein a stable population and no one from another country can become a citizen unless they prove themselves as a productive nonselfcentered artist
The cities would be city-states in a republic whose whole economy is based on the books they write, paintings, plays, EMVs (elecrtomagnetic vehicles), and RNA engineered pets. Thet's right, we are smart
And I have found the secret for immortality, but I wont reveal it to anyone until I die

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
Inky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
It would be the least populated country because our society is used to mantein a stable population and no one from another country can become a citizen unless they prove themselves as a productive nonselfcentered artist
I remember when I was younger I used to have great fun inventing my own countries in my head. They were always like this one -- they would have a relatively low but productive population.

My country is called Tjùkrania (pronounced "oh-shit"). It is a small island in the middle of nowhere, but it is one of the most powerful nations in the world. This is due mainly to the fact that it is ruled by a man with morbidly smelly feet. No man can stand in his way.

Its main exports are fish, chips, and occasionally a bit of curry. Not much else is known about the island, since most people don't want to have anything to do with the place. The ruler is a friendly man, but nobody has ever come within 10 feet of his, erm, feet, and lived to tell the tale.
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #5
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Spawn

Sorry, I know this thread is stupid, but it's a product of my boredom. Maybe I should go do my homework instead, what do I know. Just don't take yourself too serious.

I hope he did his homework...
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #6
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
... and no one from another country can become a citizen unless they prove themselves as a productive nonselfcentered artist

No such thing!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

Not yet. Neither cn there be a full philosopher society. But I hope that's where we're going to end up

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #8
MrMaelstrom

Besides, Dennis Leary already did that:

"Why don't we forget about Iran and Iraq and Israel and get all of the angry people in the Middle East into a single country and call it Irate?
Old 01-07-2006, 06:10 AM   #9
pitseleh

If you really want to make your own nation, this is the place to go.

Here is mine.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
Inky

Thanks for the link! I know nothing about politics, but that site is still fun. I have become King of Na Mairbh.
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:16 AM   #11
talon

Lovely Pitseleh. Oxymora's national animal is the goth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests. and goths are *its*. Very lovely, funny, ironic, weird. Uh I'm looking for a word to describe this funniness i feel.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:29 AM   #12
sensuous0mar

My name is Meike and I was born in the German speaking country of Euthenasia.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #13
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
If you really want to make your own nation, this is the place to go.

Here is mine.
Pit that's fucking great! I'm moving to Oxymora.

*goes to the beach to collect clams*

"Don't Spread On Me!"
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #14
Queenofdarkness57

Um how about Caleb? ( Canada and Lebanon)