Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Steve Jobs dead

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1..._n_997223.html

I can't really say much, since really its a developing story.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Kasdeja

That's kind of early to go, isn't it?
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
AshleyO

Damn. Beat me to it.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
Kasdeja

Sorry about that... If it's a developing story, maybe he had an illness or something.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
Alan

That SOB BSOD'd.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
Sorry about that... If it's a developing story, maybe he had an illness or something.
He had cancer for the better part of a decade.

I'm so sad he's gone.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
AshleyO

You know what? I can't really see myself caring that he passed.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
You know what? I can't really see myself caring that he passed.
Super classy.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #9
Renatus

Sure his overhyped products and credit hogging was stupid, it's a shame he had to go the way he did. At least it seems like he very likely set up everything to pass on and continue as he wished, he stepped down from apple at a very good time I think. I wonder what his funeral wishes were.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 10-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
Super classy.
Happy birthday, Wolf Moon!

Old 10-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
Kasdeja

Quote:
He had cancer for the better part of a decade.
Ahh... didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I wonder what his funeral wishes were.
Probably privacy. He was big on that.

When someone leaves Apple, they get clapped out. He is getting the biggest fucking clap out in history. Twitter is exploding. For us, that is our goodbye.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
Kasdeja

Clapped out? Like they clap while you're leaving? I'm having a blonde moment here...
Old 10-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #14
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
Clapped out? Like they clap while you're leaving? I'm having a blonde moment here...
Yep. Everyone goes out to the floor and claps while you walk out. Lasts forever - everyone stops a million times to hug their friends.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #15
Kasdeja

Quote:
Yep. Everyone goes out to the floor and claps while you walk out. Lasts forever - everyone stops a million times to hug their friends.
Huh... I learned something new today. Thank you too for clarifying. Have you worked for Apple?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:05 AM   #16
CptSternn

I guess an apple a day doesn't really keep the doctor away.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #17
wolf moon

I'm generally not a fan of Gizmodo, but they repurposed the audio from Apple's classic Think Different commercial to create a tribute video to Steve.

http://gizmodo.com/5838922/the-steve...-tribute-video

I watched it make a lot of grown men cry yesterday.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
AshleyO

Old 10-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #19
*Twitch

Little known fact. Jobs ignored a letter written to him from workers in the factories in china, begging him to help them. After apple switched from alcohol to n-hexane for the manufacture of the touch screens to increase productivity, workers started falling ill. Prolonged exposure to N-Hexane is known to damage the central nervous system. Jobs, and his company, ignored the worker's plea for safe working conditions for the sake of produc-fucking-tivity. Not to mention the conditions of the factories are so poor that workers are forced to sign a pledge not to commit suicide. Motherfuck Steve Jobs in his dead fucking asshole.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #20
AshleyO

Yep. This is why I don't feel a damn bit bad about the dude being dead.

Not ONLY that, but when he regained control of Apple, he halted ALL of their philanthropic programs.

Seriously, fuck this dude.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Yep. This is why I don't feel a damn bit bad about the dude being dead.

Not ONLY that, but when he regained control of Apple, he halted ALL of their philanthropic programs.

Seriously, fuck this dude.
The company was failing. He put a temporary halt on matching employee donations while it recovered. The program has since been re-introduced. He was a CEO, not a saint. Making the best choice for his company doesn't make him a bad person.

Foxconn, which manufactures pretty much ALL electronic devices you use, controls their own factories - Apple doesn't own their own factories. They use the same ones as Microsoft, Sony, Dell, ad infinitum. Writing a letter to Steve asking for new working conditions would be like me asking my local coffeeshop to make Starbucks coffee stop tasting like crap. Could Apple stop manufacturing the iPhone in China and start making it in the US? Absolutely. It would be a lovely, completely unaffordable device. But then, you probably couldn't have afforded to purchase whatever computer you're using to complain if it had been made in America, either. If you genuinely feel Foxconn shouldn't get money from American companies...stop buying electronics. Or just keep being a hypocrite. Whatever works best.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #22
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Twitch View Post
Little known fact. Jobs ignored a letter written to him from workers in the factories in china, begging him to help them. After apple switched from alcohol to n-hexane for the manufacture of the touch screens to increase productivity, workers started falling ill. Prolonged exposure to N-Hexane is known to damage the central nervous system. Jobs, and his company, ignored the worker's plea for safe working conditions for the sake of produc-fucking-tivity. Not to mention the conditions of the factories are so poor that workers are forced to sign a pledge not to commit suicide. Motherfuck Steve Jobs in his dead fucking asshole.
Whoa, dude! I had no idea about that. That shit's evil.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #23
*Twitch

All that it would have taken was "Stop using N-hexane or we'll take our buisness elsewhere". But they instead chose to do nothing, because apparently productivity outweighs human life when you don't actually have to watch them die.

And yes, I do have a computer. One that was bought long before I became aware of the atrocities involved in it's production. Should I throw it away? To do so would be shameful waste, let alone the damage it can do in landfill. When it dies on it's own (gotta love planned obscelesance, dont ya?) I have no intention of replacing it. When the time comes I'll just learn to live more simply,as we all must.

And you know what, maybe I'm just some hippy ass-hole who needs a haircut and a shower, but I wouldn't mind paying an extra few bucks for a product that hasn't killed anybody along the line. Fuck, if they charged you the actual value of the product,with a reasonable profit rather than hundreds of percent mark-up due to the fact that it's a fucking social status icon, it wouldn't even be all that much more expensive.

I have my faillings, yeah. I'm just a kid trying to do right by himself and the world. As with Jobs I'm no saint, but at least I'm trying.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #24
AshleyO

http://i.imgur.com/hIcgm.jpg

Read it and weep you misguided curs.

Jobs was NOT extraordinary.

God DAMN! You guys need to stop wasting your sympathy on those that don't really deserve it any more than the next strange asshole.

You cry for Jobs? Today, a child died. Cry for him.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #25
Renatus

You can't take all the credit away from Jobs, he was one heck of a showman, able to make the common man buy his overpriced products. He pretty much turned apple into a successful cult, and that's not something just anyone can do.