Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 01-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
oddmusician

diamanda galas...

So I'll soon be purchasing a Diamanda Galas album...but really haven't heard much of her stuff. Can anybody make some reccomendations?
oddmusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:53 PM   #2
mortalitas incomitatus

all of it!
and see her live if you can. OMG!!!

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
oddmusician

Does she even come to the states? atop having to live in the US, i live in wyoming...i'm only about 100 mi from denver, but the town where i'm going to school has 20k people in it lol.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddmusician
Does she even come to the states? atop having to live in the US, i live in wyoming...i'm only about 100 mi from denver, but the town where i'm going to school has 20k people in it lol.
Wyoming=Beautiful

Driving through the Mountains, the sky looked close enough to reach out and touch.

So nice.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #5
oddmusician

beautiful as it may be(and i do love it here) it is rather hostile to anybody who doesn't match a certain profile. I've taken numberous beatings, most of which occured years before i even knew what the goth scene was. Because Laramie isn't a college town its quite different and i'm very happy here, but the rest of the state is not so great. All in all i wouldn't give a place like this up for anything, but the beauty does come at a cost...
Old 01-15-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddmusician
beautiful as it may be(and i do love it here) it is rather hostile to anybody who doesn't match a certain profile. I've taken numberous beatings, most of which occured years before i even knew what the goth scene was. Because Laramie isn't a college town its quite different and i'm very happy here, but the rest of the state is not so great. All in all i wouldn't give a place like this up for anything, but the beauty does come at a cost...
Yeah we wanted to spend more time in Laramie, but after driving 4600 miles in 9 days we were in a HUGE rush to get back home. All we got to see was the Sherri's. Exciting=Not so much.

We were also pretty thrilled that the speed limit in WY is 8 bajillion times HIGHER than it is here in Oregon.

We would love to go back sometime, I have heard there is a pretty fantastic Artists community there in Laramie.

I would also love to spend some time Fossil Hunting in WY, the Fossil Beds I saw driving through the state were incredible.

Least you don't live in Jackson Hole..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:22 AM   #7
oddmusician

hahaha, jackson hole is a beautiful aear, but unfortunately the tourism in the area has vastly reduced the plesantness of that little town. 8$ rolls of film in the vending machines rather than sugary treats(s source of GREAT disapointment to me). Anyway i've never been to the fossil beds, are you speaking of fossil butte around rock springs? (south west portion of state)