Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
BlackVeil

Favorite Scent? Not blood ha

What's your favorite scent for perfume? Favorite notes?

What would be a cool name for a gothic-inspired perfume shop?
BlackVeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
CarrionCorpse

I love patchouli.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Solumina

I'm a ginger kind of girl, it is fresh and light. I don't mind florals but they need to have a citrus or spice note.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Grausamkeit

I have a light honeysuckle essential oil that is to die for.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
carakitty

I loves cloves + carnations + rose. LUSH used to make a fragrance called "Potion" and I am in love with it. I am falling in love with their "Imogen Rose" fragrance now (powdery rose), but knowing my luck they will discontinue that too *sets up paint and cardboard, ready for a riot poster*

I also really like white florals with slightly aquatic or green + woodsy notes.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
wolf moon

I'm a BPAL addict. My imps (sample vials) number in the hundreds. It's out of hand.

Favorites: Dorian (vanilla, tea with sugar, slight muskiness); Alice (milk, honey, carnation); Baobhan Sith (grapefruit, white tea, ginger); Lilith (red wine and dirt, basically); and the original Wolf Moon (dirt and trees... really just part of my Type O Negative phase)
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
carakitty

I wish BPAL would redo their site. I'd love to get some Imps but navigating around there is im-fukin-possible. I feel like they have every product renamed to a secret code name or something.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
I wish BPAL would redo their site. I'd love to get some Imps but navigating around there is im-fukin-possible. I feel like they have every product renamed to a secret code name or something.
It's never bothered me. But then, I've been using it for years. It was much smaller when I started ordered from them; I might just have slowly adjusted to the growth. I'm also a research nerd; I get a genuine thrill out of reading through everything and picking out the pretty-sounding things to try. That said, I haven't ordered new imps in over a year. Their prices have gone up, and a lot of their best suppliers seem to have disappeared, so the notes aren't as great as they used to be. Everything is sort of starting to smell the same.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
ape descendant

My niece gave me a vial of Rebel Rose, its rosey and peppery... I like the way it smells on me. It reminds me of the way my dad's roses smell. The only thing I don't like about it is that it attracts the bees... I hate being chased by bees.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
nobodygoth

I prefer a Musk type scent, with a clean floral note.
Mine is one called Cheyenne.
nobodygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Aphra

There is something decadent about lavender and sandlewood!! I put a few drops of lavender EO in my spray bottle filled with water for light hair misting in the morning. A great pick me up.
Aphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
HAC

I used to use diamonds by emporio armani but now my favorite is sensuous by estee lauder.
HAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
Jonathan

clove oil.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #14
Acharis

I like chocolate, vanilla, caramel, musk... those sorts of things.
I bought a miniature bottle of Rouge Hermes as a special treat years ago, and it smells of musk without being cloying or young.

If there was a perfume that smelled properly of vanilla I'd buy it, but most I find smell really synthetic or not of vanilla at all.

Amber is nice too, sweeter than patchouli and not as strong as orientals.

Incense.
Also, for some reason - leather.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #15
MissCheyenne

I like florals, especially roses. I avoid anything citrus based even though I think they smell fantastic in the bottle because sadly, they smell like toilet cleaner on my skin ( I'm sure I've posted the same thing in another thread at some point)

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:28 AM   #16
Acharis

Yeah, I know what you mean... I often wear citrus when I do wear perfume, as I can't find the chocolate/vanilla/incense/leather smells I'm after. Some are nice if it's not overdone, but others make me flashback to the orange oil cleaning spray in school >.<

CK one smells like salt and lemons, Dolce and Gabbana is like warm powdery citrus, and Eau de Cologne is straight up unsweetened orange.

Red Door smells like those big dark red Papa Meilland roses. Almost like there's some pollen in there too.

(Years ago when I had little bits of cash, I used to collect tiny inexpensive miniatures. That's how I could afford to try these scents.)
Old 02-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #17
MissCheyenne

I love collecting perfume. I have roughly 15 different bottles in various sizes. I'm not sure I have a 'signature' scent though, I just wear a variety of different florals.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-01-2012, 05:05 AM   #18
Acharis

Yeah, me too. It's odd because I get headaches from too strong smells and rarely remember to use perfume, only when I go out... every day I just smell like clean clothes and the faint smell of unscented soap/unscented deodorant.

But I think bottled smells are amazing. Everyone should look at the Demeter Scent Library perfumes. They have Dirt, Rain, Earthworm, Birthday Cake, Garden, Funeral Parlour, Leather (might go smell this), Sex on the Beach, Brownie, Laundromat... I might choose one for my birthday.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/D...her-12795.html
Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #19
MissCheyenne

I only tend to remember to use any of my perfumes when I'm going out. Day to day I smell like washing powder and whatever lotion I've picked off the windowsill. I get seriously bad headaches if I'm near someone who has overloaded on perfume, especially if it's an obviously cheap scent. Something about those really set me off and I get streaming eyes and an awful headache.

I am your slice of pie