Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
shogem

shogem is new.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I work at Aaron Brothers art & framing during the summer, and I go to San Jose State University during the school year. I'm an artist, writer, model, and other things.

2. Where are you from? Born and bred in Northern California.

3. Who is your favorite author? Mark Danielewski in quality: I've only read one, but it's the "book I can never forget," and perhaps Neil Gaiman in quantity.

4. What are your favorite films? I don't watch movies much, so I honestly can't think of anything right now.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Dead Can Dance, maybe. Then some dance music so my family doesn't hate me (Even though it's my wedding, they still have to sit through it)

6. At your funeral?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Old, asleep in my bed.

8. What kind of casket would you want? I'm a fancy person, but if my family can't afford it, something simple is just fine.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Only because I just got the skirt, my favorite outfit today is: Ever so gothy top from Sears, most likely, and a skirt from Retroscope Fashions .

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Being able to learn things as quickly, and have my grandparents younger so I could get to know them all over again.

11. What's your favorite band? Too many! Dead Can Dance, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Azam Ali, Qntal, Dir en grey, Project Pitchfork... According to Last.FM Tori Amos, Ayreon and Imogen Heap snuck in there as well. Oops? Can't forget Hedningarna, either. Mind you, these are the favorites. Tori Amos isn't as much of a favorite as it's a "I have a lot of songs that I got for free from an ex." I like many, many others. Like Nine Inch Nails and Rasputina, for example.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm hoping to get multiple majors. Perhaps three, if possible. If not, linguistics and art will suffice.

13. Why did you join? I've passed over the site several times, and I decided to finally register and see what it's about.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female.
shogem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
bleedingheart344

I like Siouxsie, Dead Can Dance, and Dir en Grey. Welcome.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
cradle

Welcome to the site. I hope you'll like it here.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Mugen

hi........
Mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Pantherlette086

Welcome! Awesome taste in music!
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
Lolly PopMuzik

Yeah, you'll do fine round these parts...
Old 06-20-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
shogem

Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #8
Solumina

Welcome to the boards

Do you really want to triple major? That is a ton of work and a lot of classes, chances are that you would be in for an extra semester or two, unless there is a lot of overlap in all of your majors, you can always have multiple minors as they have less numerous course requirements.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
shogem

Well, in California, most of the students I've met aren't planning on getting out in four years. It's difficult at best if you're taking a major with a lot of classes in it already--the animation/illustration major is one of them, and I don't really know if I want to or not--and from what I've read, getting multiple majors depends on how the school is structured. I go to a commuter, non-competitive school (as in it's not hard to get in) so if my family has the want, I have the drive, essentially. I'm already probably going to be going an extra year or so anyway. It's honestly one of those toss-ups--As I'm just getting GE out of the way, a lot of doors are opening and I'm seeing where my passions lie.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #10
Solumina

Well then I wish you the best finding your passion and following them ^.^
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #11
shogem

Thanks! I've got them pretty narrowed, I simply have to figure out my exit strategy, so to speak.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #12
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome. Dead Can Dance is in my top 10 favorite bands.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #13
shogem

Thanks! I wish I could have discovered them when they went on their last tour in 2005.