Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
Darkemostar

The Fire Within Me

There is fire and there is me together as one the cold never hurts but people they put me down they make me cry.
They also make me mad one day I will learn how to control the fire within.
I will use it on them... ahhh! The fire is out of control I need help! Some one help me! I call upon the the fire within me to save me I will control you as I call upon you. FIRE!
Darkemostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Sinjob

You should really consider publication.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Azareal Crow

not your best, and it's really pretty juvenile, you started out ok, but then the screaming kills it, it becomes a joke after that point and unless that's what you want it really brings down the rest of the piece.
Azareal Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
allyssa

this is not literature so please stop posting in the literature section....you should work on them for months, then and only then, after brooding over them and abstracting your mind a bit you could perhaps post them
allyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Azareal Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyssa View Post
this is not literature so please stop posting in the literature section....you should work on them for months, then and only then, after brooding over them and abstracting your mind a bit you could perhaps post them
Do you have to work on something for months for it to be considered literature? I don't think that's fair to the people out there that have a natural talent and can write something from the heart and have it be awesome.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
Sinjob

While I understand you trying to give DARKEMOSTAR some constructive feedback she'll (with a limb) attempt to work on, you're going to ultimately lose in a battle to defend her as an author.

Crap poetry is just crap poetry.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
Azareal Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
While I understand you trying to give DARKEMOSTAR some constructive feedback she'll (with a limb) attempt to work on, you're going to ultimately lose in a battle to defend her as an author.

Crap poetry is just crap poetry.
I'm not trying to defend her as an author, my response to allyssa's statement was more from the fact that I don't spend months working on some pieces. It's very likely that I misunderstood and that allyssa meant that Darkemostar should sit on her work and brood over it, not all authors and poets.