Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Godslayer Jillian

Fuck Twilight!!

Sincerely, fuck it!
I was about to put this in the literature section but then I remembered this shit is not literature.
I cannot believe that shit has sold over a million copies and a movie is going to be made out of it. Oh wait, I forgot people suck, yeah, I can believe it. It still does not deserve to happen!
Fuck Stephanie Meyer. Who the fuck does the cunt think she is making playlists for BOOKS!!
The bitch had already believed her idiotic story would be so good it deserved a movie. "Oh my book is so good and it will have a playlist even though books don't have soundtracks and I'll put all the best music ever like Evanescence and My Chemical Romanbe."

Honestly, fuck her. She's thirty four years old with the mentality of a fifteen year old and this is what makes her famous: the fact that she never grew up so she can be angsty as fuck and people will think she's just appealing to teenagers.

Whoever likes Twilight is either:
a twelve year old that masturbates to linkin' park
or a shallow self-centered diva wannabe that just like Bella feels she deserves a perfect "superhuman" boyfriend to have an sickeningly dependent relationship to which she does not need to contribute anything.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
gothicusmaximus

Cut it the fuck out Jillian. I'm at war with my memory of the fact that these books exist, and in making this post you've stood with my enemy.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
ForgetThisLostLenore

I refused to read these and then I was left with nothing to do during TAKS. Either extreme boredom in which I would chew off my leg or read the book.

Don't judge. I was bored damn it!

Just a curious question though, have you read Twilight? Morbid curiousity I guess.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
LaBelleDameSansMerci

*looks around confusedly* Twilight?

I'm not surprised I haven't heard of it... I kinda have my head up my ass/in my paints...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetThisLostLenore
Just a curious question though, have you read Twilight? Morbid curiousity I guess.
Me? Unfortunately yeah. It taught me never to buy a book at Target.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
KontanKarite

I think I saw that book. Fortunately, I judge books by their covers.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:11 AM   #7
JCC

FUCK YES

PREACH IT BROTHER JILLIAN

PREACH IT TO THE LORD

This piece of shit should be burnt. Every copy blown to fucking smithereens and then taped so that the fans of Twilight with their hand in their pants jerking off over the tepid romance have nothing to jerk over anymore. Fucking hate this book. I read the first chapter, that was enough for me, my friend kept going on about it like it was a goddamn masterpiece, vibrant and searing romance and all that bullshit. Ridiculously bad book.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:32 AM   #8
Murasaki eyeliner

fuck you all,that book is amazingly incredibly good,it was written for a many wonderfull reasons...

like providing mulch for my cacti

please write more Stephanie , you are keeping my kitty in cat litter.

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:07 AM   #9
She_Is_My_Sin

I've never heard of Meyer or her books before, but they seem pretty crap.

I read a really similar book a little while ago and I vowed never to buy another book with a teenage girl falling for a vampire, or indeed a vampire romance again.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:43 AM   #10
MitsyMayhem

Ugh. I hate twilight. There's all this mania going on about it. My friend's have gone so far to write fan fiction about Bella and Edward. I event old my teacher why this is a bad, bad, bad book and she wouldn't hear it. Ha.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:55 AM   #11
JCC

Your teacher likes Twilight?

YOUR TEACHER LIKES TWILIGHT?!

Seriously, there's a reason why education standards are slipping.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:00 AM   #12
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Your teacher likes Twilight?

YOUR TEACHER LIKES TWILIGHT?!

Seriously, there's a reason why education standards are slipping.

She does. Mrs. T says "How can you not like this book!!!" Or "Talk to the hand" Everytime we come in contact. Ha.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:33 AM   #13
JCC

Twilight is meritless. Fuck, I even prefer Harry Potter to Twilight, at least that franchise is a political machine, Twilight is just tepid badly-written unimaginative prose from an Anne Rice impersonating hack. If you're worse than Anne Rice, you really should just give up.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #14
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Twilight is meritless. Fuck, I even prefer Harry Potter to Twilight, at least that franchise is a political machine, Twilight is just tepid badly-written unimaginative prose from an Anne Rice impersonating hack. If you're worse than Anne Rice, you really should just give up.
It scares me that so many people over the age of 12 name J.K. Rowling as their favourite author.

The books aren't atrocious... FOR CHILDREN. But even if you take them as kids' books, there are better books children could be reading. Anything by Roald Dahl, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, the Dark Materials trilogy and Alice in Wonderland are far superior, and it's scandelous that Harry Potter dominates even the category of children's books so completely.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 AM   #15
JCC

Yeah, Harry Potter's grossly overrated, bland and puerile fiction. Terribly written too, but the whole series is firmly on the left and subliminally politicizes children, plus it brought homosexuality to the forefront with Dumbledore, so at least it serves a purpose. Twilight on the other hand... just... no.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:32 AM   #16
PortraitOfSanity

The one reason I can't criticize Harry Potter is that it gives kids motivation to read, there's so few books out there that are halfway decent that are at or below a 6th grade reading level.

Hats off to her in my opinion, but the 50 year olds who take them for more than kid's books need to grow up.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:32 AM   #17
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Yeah, Harry Potter's grossly overrated, bland and puerile fiction. Terribly written too, but the whole series is firmly on the left and subliminally politicizes children, plus it brought homosexuality to the forefront with Dumbledore, so at least it serves a purpose.
And even that was done in a more sophisticated manner by Phillip Pullman. The Amber Spyglass has gay angels!

GAY ANGELS!

And they're very definitely gay in the novel, not just called so by the author after the books were finished.

I've never read Twilight, and thanks to this thread, I doubt I ever will.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #18
Graveyard.Crow

/rolls eyes
sometimes a dose of cheesy vampire romance isn't so bloody bad
chill the f*** out
Old 07-27-2008, 07:40 AM   #19
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
/rolls eyes
sometimes a dose of cheesy vampire romance isn't so bloody bad
chill the f*** out
You're right. Culture doesn't matter. How snobbish of anyone to claim otherwise.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #20
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
The one reason I can't criticize Harry Potter is that it gives kids motivation to read, there's so few books out there that are halfway decent that are at or below a 6th grade reading level.

Hats off to her in my opinion, but the 50 year olds who take them for more than kid's books need to grow up.
People bringing their kids up properly would encourage kids to read. And it would encourage kids to read books that aren't shit. Seriously, the quality of literature has plummeted to the point where if it was published after Bukowski's death and it's not by David Mitchell, THAT SHIT AIN'T WORTH READING.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #21
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaffected Shoelaces
it's scandelous that Harry Potter dominates even the category of children's books so completely.
Agree so much.

And I still love His Dark Materials.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #22
TurquoiseXx

I think the Twilight Series is good. It keeps me wondering what's going to happen next. I'm into different types of literature so I'll read almost anything. We are all individuals after all and we will like what we like. Period.
TurquoiseXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #23
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
People bringing their kids up properly would encourage kids to read. And it would encourage kids to read books that aren't shit. Seriously, the quality of literature has plummeted to the point where if it was published after Bukowski's death and it's not by David Mitchell, THAT SHIT AIN'T WORTH READING.
That's my point though, most American adults hardly read, do you expect their kids to be brought up to read?
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #24
JCC

Complaining about people not reading and then appraising the nurture of illiteracy through tripe like Harry Potter doesn't correlate. I'm sure schools could make more of an effort to get kids to read books that don't suck.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #25
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Whilst I agree to an extent, your shameful omission of Cormac McCarthy makes Hermes cry.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote