Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:45 PM   #26
thedoll

no, you really just shouldn't do it yourself, even the professionals fuck up now and again.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:29 AM   #27
Lucretia_my_Reflection

*crys* it was my eyebrow piercing before it got infected and i had to take it out. But my tongue was horrible when it was swollen i couldn't eat right.
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 AM   #28
darkbird

nothing really hurt for me. I've got my nipples, a labret, an industrial and various other ear piercings.
I imagine getting my septum or just a regular nose piercing would hurt.
darkbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #29
thedoll

I have my industrial and my nipples and my belly button and my ears stretched to double zero, and the only thing that hurt is the healing industrial.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #30
kwaniesiam

For me actually getting a piercing never is that painful because it is over so quickly. The healing can ache for a while though, especially if it's an area that is prone to getting knocked around a lot. My nips are still in the process of fulling healing and still get pissy every so often.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:19 PM   #31
Heatherzilla

None of my piercings have ever really hurt though getting jewelry into my nose piercing isn't always fun.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #32
dark_merveilles_angel

I think... probably my left tragus for the second time and that was only painful because the stupid piercer couldn't get the ring through... God that was painful... Really really painful! Upper ear cartlidge tends to be quite painful also and makes sleeping not-so-fun so... Yeah...

(For those that may be curious, I have had a grand total of 25 piercings but that includes re-piercings and one that I lost... so.. now it's 18)
dark_merveilles_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #33
kimaru

I'm supposed to be getting my lip, or labret or whatever you call it, peirced tomorow...-_- My best friend has be trying to talk me out of it for a whole week...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #34
Underwater Ophelia

I want a monroe badly.

But anyway, my most painful was my inverse navel. It wasn't excruciating pain, but it was worse than my nose.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #35
Mir

I've only got my eyebrow pierced and it wasn't too bad. I would never get my lip or tongue pierced, purely for hygiene reasons, but I'd like to get my nipple pierced. I've heard that HURTS the most. True?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #36
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZanexX
I can only imagine that genital piercings would be incredibly painful. :S

Luckily I don't want one! I want an industrial piercing. Well, one in each ear, to be exact. I've been reading BME and they seem to be known as some of the most painful piercings you can get.

I was wondering what the most painful piercing y'all have gotten is?

And if you do have an industrial piercing: What was so painful about it? The actual piercing, the healing process, or another aspect? (And y'all can answer this about other piercings too.)

I don't remember getting my lobes done as I was only a small child but the only other piercing I've had done is a labret which didn't really hurt much at all. The foerster clamps were more painful than the needle.
My industrial hurt like hell. The first hole was tolerable, but the upper, second hole nearly made me cry. I guess it hurt so much because of the amount of pressure he had to use to get it through. That, and like 7 random people I didn't know came into the room to watch him do it. The healing process was horrible. I kept it very clean and took very good care of it, but it never healed up, even after two years. I took it, and it closed up.

My tongue was great, I didn't feel a thing, and it healed up nice and quickly.

The second time I got my nostril pierced, it hurt very bad, but that's because I had it pierced over scar tissue. It's healed up good and proper now, and my only porblem with it is it getting caught on my blankets when I sleep.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #37
kimaru

I just got my lip pierced about an hour ago, It didn't really hurt except for a little pinch...-_-
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #38
wonderland

My industrial didn't really bother me. I remember thinking, "Hm, it does sorta hurt..." But it wasn't a bad pain, just an interesting one. That said, I recently got a tattoo on my inner wrist, and loved it... I'd happily go through that every day, if I could. So possibly, I am not a good judge of pain levels.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:28 AM   #39
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
I've only got my eyebrow pierced and it wasn't too bad. I would never get my lip or tongue pierced, purely for hygiene reasons, but I'd like to get my nipple pierced. I've heard that HURTS the most. True?
I have both horizontal and vertical nipples piercings...horizontal was alright...vertical hurt like a bitch. Assuming you want horizontal...then....no...it's not too bad.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #40
weepingblood

I* am not allowed piercings.. but I want my eyebrow and bellybutton..
weepingblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #41
bleedingheart344

I got my pancreas pierced. That's hardcore, right?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #42
Slap Your Love

I pierced my septum on my own, hurt like mad.
Tongue on my own, didn't hurt at all.
Pierced my hips on my own, hurt a little but those
weren't permanent piercings. I'm getting them done
professionally in two weeks. Aswell as my clavicles. Which hurt
I've heard. I'm a huge fan of surface piercings. :]
Old 01-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #43
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love
I pierced my septum on my own, hurt like mad.
Tongue on my own, didn't hurt at all.
Pierced my hips on my own, hurt a little but those
weren't permanent piercings. I'm getting them done
professionally in two weeks. Aswell as my clavicles. Which hurt
I've heard. I'm a huge fan of surface piercings. :]
Wouldn't the clavicle piercings catch on shirts? That would hurt like a bitch if it did.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #44
Slap Your Love

I'll inform you if it does lol.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #45
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaniesiam
Lady Lucretia, I was thinking the same but didn't want to say anything that might stir up arguing, but since it's been mentioned... Alcohol/peroxide/boiling doesn't make something sterile. It may sanitize it, but that wouldn't kill any blood-born diseases that could have been harboring on it. I'm not against DIY, just please make sure you use proper sterile tools and single-use needles plus heavily research beforehand and be prepared to deal with any consequences.
BLEACH. Submerge a safety pin in bleach for at least an hour, and rinse really well. Needles work better; you can get 16g needles from hospital supply stores and the like. A few packages of sterile gloves and gauze are also very handy. I personally don't like using hemostats, but I have only ever pierced ears.

I have done all of my piercings myself. I have three 16g horseshoe barbells (with cone ends) in each lobe, and one in my left cartilage. The cartilage crunched SO loud, but none of my piercings hurt. I am thinking about doing my navel, but I definitely want a hemo for that one, solely to stabilize the area. I have tried without it, and it's not fun.

PS- I fully intend to become a professional body piercer. I will definitely consider discounts for Gnetters.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:22 AM   #46
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My tragus piercing hurt, but in the way it was extreme pressure. And it got infected afterwards so things like sleeping on that side and using the phone were out of the question because it hurt so bad.

I also pierced my nipples and my own belly button. The belly button wasn't too bad, but piercing my own nipples hurt like a bitch.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #47
Underwater Ophelia

Self piercings are no good...
Especially if you use anything but a surgical steel hollow needle.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #48
Johnny Gnar Gnar

Beating a dead horse here, but anyway. Out of all the piercings I have ever done, my nipples hurt the worst. I went to a shaky handed individual, and he actually moved the needle to re-arrange it when it was halfway through. It was definitely interesting. To say the least. I actually cried out. Then, my wonderful piercer that has done everything else for me decided she wanted to stretch them. That was hell. It was definitely not alot of fun. But the results were amazing. Now, sadly, they are gone. Along with my two industrials, my labret, and my tragus. now I only have 1/2 inch holes in my lobes, with fourteen gauge secondaries. Nipples definitely hurt the worst. Everything else was just momentary, "Oh!".
Johnny Gnar Gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #49
raggedyanne

I have two lobe piercings in each ear and would like to get and industrial and a nose piercing. I've heard the the nose doesn't hurt that much, but that was from somebody who had a prince albert, so who knows,
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #50
dickpickle

It's hard to imagine any piercing that would hurt more than a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust found in volcanoes. =]
dickpickle is offline   Reply With Quote