Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #176
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-deviant-x View Post
Sorry Alan, my mistake. You must have been referring to a different Velvet Revolution. I couldn’t find any reference to a Velvet Revolution taking place in 1968. The only information I could find involved a Velvet Revolution that took place in 1989 in Czechoslovakia, in revolt against the communist government.

So are you saying that’s not the same revolution that you are referring to? There is information about an event called the Prague Spring, which took place in 1968 in Czechoslovakia. I didn’t read the entire article, but it seems to have been a failed attempt to do what the Revolution in 1989 was successful in doing.

I’m not trying to pretend I know more about Marxism than you, that would be stupid. I’m just trying to understand it. So are you saying that my current interpretation is also incorrect? If it’s not a state, and it’s not a vehicle to such a state, then I’m confused.

Sure, Solumina, here are a couple just off the top of my head.
http://www.world-science.net/exclusi...2_racefrm2.htm
And, a longer article (6 pages) here which gives much more detail:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...criminate.html

I could dig up more if you’d like. I haven’t had a lot of time recently to devote to all this research though, so I’m mostly pulling from bookmarks.

Saya, back then both democrats and republicans could be considered racist warmongers. President Eisenhower, a republican, was one of the first who pushed for civil rights. He pushed to desegregate the military, but thought that desegregation of schools should be left up to the individual states to decide. He did however send in military forces to ensure that black students were allowed into schools. Prior to the 60's most blacks voted republican, not democrat, and MLK never officially endorsed any candidate because he believed strongly that it wasn't right. JLK pulled strings to get him released from jail, most likely in return for his vote. He also had MLK's phones tapped because it was suspected that MLK was in bed with the communists - something that neither democrats nor republicans liked.

JFK on the other hand, voted against the civil rights bill, until he realized that blacks meant votes. The KKK was always dominated by members of the democratic party far more than republicans ever were, and people like Jerry Fallwell would actually more likely be considered dixiecrats than republicans. Are you familiar with dixiecrats? They were a short-lived political party formed by Strom Thurmond - a very outspoken racist DEMOCRAT, who felt that democrats weren't being racist enough. (Funny thing, he had a black daughter who he paid all his life to keep her mouth shut about it, which she did until he died). Dixiecrats became republicans, but only in name, their views remained the same. Growing up in the south, democrats were always viewed as being far more racist and bible thumping than republicans, and they were usually the ones with far more money and power, which is not surprising, they had their churches behind them paying for their racist shit spewing. Reagan, one of the most hated presidents on the left today, was a democrat before becoming a republican, and it's my speculation that he only switched to republican to get the popular vote. (He's also the reason that monopoly laws are no longer enforced, unless congress decides they should be enforced, which they do selectively).

And yes, I believe that everyone should be free to read and say whatever they want and draw their own conclusions. That is why the first amendment exists. Would you rather people be forced to read only what the government allows them to read? All information, if intended to be taken as fact, should be thoroughly vetted, double and triple checked for truth and accuracy, before ever being published UNLESS, and only unless, its intended to be fiction and nothing but fiction. Why would you want to publish information as fact without it first being thoroughly researched? Opinions aren't fact.
So what you're saying is that because MLK was black, he was Republican? Nice to group everyone together despite his own insistance that he wasn't. And yeah, I know what a dixiecrat is, and after the civil rights movement, they decided to move to the Republican party. The reason Republicans get away with so much racism now is because they like to cater to those same people. I never said the Democrats weren't ever racist, but MLK thought they could be reformed, which put him a bit at odds with the more radical civil rights activists, who never trusted either party, particularly after the rise of the Black Power movement.

And no, no information has to be vetted to be published as "non fiction". For example, there's this book called The Pagan Christ that lists sources, but those sources have long been debunked, and if you read those books, they do not list sources except for each other, they claim that the Christ story is identical to the story of Horus but list no Egyptologian source, nothing. The original books were frauds, are still being sourced, and continue to inspire conspiracy theories today.

There's also the issue that even if information was vetted at the time, it doesn't mean that science or religious studies or whatever have since found it to be untrue and outdated. You insist Joseph Campbell is a wonderful resource for religious studies, but nobody studies him or takes him seriously anymore because we know the monomyth doesn't exist, except movie producers who perhaps find his model to mean success. In his time he was taken more seriously, but we've all moved on since. Should old information be discontinued? Should we no longer read about Freud? There's nothing wrong with reading that kind of thing, but most people don't have the education to realize that what they're reading is outdated.

Quote:
I didn't even notice this one until I went back.

Uhm, Saya, Race is not a social construct, it is a biological construct. While it's true that today most people have a smattering of multiple races in their ancestry to some degree, your nation or city of origin does not determine your race, it only determines - at most - your cultural background. The reason that most people can't tell the difference between a Japanese person and someone from Okinawa is because they're both Japanese. Persians and Arabs are both Arabs, for the most part at least. And the holocaust does not make all Jews the same race, though it did most definitely thin out the gene pool.

There are very significant differences between races, that go far deeper than the color of one's hair or skin. Bone structure, muscular structure, susceptibility to various illnesses, etc. If memory serves, I think its a basic 4 races that make up the human SPECIES, which is homo sapien. Yes, genetically there are far more similarities than differences, but the differences that do exist are still significant none the less.
There is more genetic diversity within a race than between them. And ethnic groups are a better way of understanding genetic diseases than race; for example Newfoundland has been a closed gene pool for such a long time we have different risks for genetic diseases than other white people have. We're not a different race though because we look the same. Metis people often look white, but they are not. Africa and Asia, which we usually think of homogenous (didn't you know that Okinawans are the largest minority group in Japan? Or ever hear of the Ainu?) have within themselves thousands of different of ethnic groups. What we define as "race" we define as white people who see all those who appear different as Other, and we break them down as we see them, we don't ask, we just assume.

And as we go on to find out, babies just stare a bit longer at black people if they haven't seen black people before. So take your racism and stick it up your ass.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #177
burningplain

*goes to a friend who holds a doctorate in psychology* Is psychology a science?
*Their response* Oh Christ no, psychology is an attempt to put a scientific overlay on something that is extremely variable and, whilst parts of it can be identified with neuro-chemistry other parts of it are well beyond the understanding of neuro-science as it currently stands. We have a series of vague parameters for what makes something be something. Ultimately everyone displays aspects of every psychological condition. Psychology isn't a science as we understand it. Its not empirical in the respect that there is no standard measurement, we can't perform truly empirical research.
*points at their qualification* This person holds a doctorate in the damn subject. Anyone care to disagree with her?
burningplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #178
burningplain

Deviant has a point. Race is a biological construct, not a social one. *points to physical anthropology*
Old 02-07-2012, 02:40 AM   #179
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningplain View Post
*goes to a friend who holds a doctorate in psychology* Is psychology a science?
*Their response* Oh Christ no, psychology is an attempt to put a scientific overlay on something that is extremely variable and, whilst parts of it can be identified with neuro-chemistry other parts of it are well beyond the understanding of neuro-science as it currently stands. We have a series of vague parameters for what makes something be something. Ultimately everyone displays aspects of every psychological condition. Psychology isn't a science as we understand it. Its not empirical in the respect that there is no standard measurement, we can't perform truly empirical research.
*points at their qualification* This person holds a doctorate in the damn subject. Anyone care to disagree with her?
Thank you for that BurningPlain.

I haven't had time to reply to this thread the last few days, but this is exactly why it pisses me off when "experts" try to reinterpret "what they really meant" when trying to understand and piece together mythology, and subsequently discredit those who have come along prior. Mythology and psychology are inextricably linked, but modern interpreters completely fail to realize how different the world was at the time various myths came about. Many are connected to each other and stem from one another, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist or someone with a doctorate in psychology, to figure that out.

And I didn't mean to ignore your previous posts, there were points I wanted to bring up about them but between being bombarded, and trying to work on other projects, they got lost.
x-deviant-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #180
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Deviant has a point. Race is a biological construct, not a social one. *points to physical anthropology*
Careful, you're going to get labeled a racist for thinking such a thing.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #181
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
There is more genetic diversity within a race than between them. And ethnic groups are a better way of understanding genetic diseases than race; for example Newfoundland has been a closed gene pool for such a long time we have different risks for genetic diseases than other white people have. We're not a different race though because we look the same. Metis people often look white, but they are not. Africa and Asia, which we usually think of homogenous (didn't you know that Okinawans are the largest minority group in Japan? Or ever hear of the Ainu?) have within themselves thousands of different of ethnic groups. What we define as "race" we define as white people who see all those who appear different as Other, and we break them down as we see them, we don't ask, we just assume.
I think it is more respectful to recognize the differences between races, and honor those differences through acknowledgement of various cultures brought about by racial pride, than to try to pretend race is just a product of inbreeding, which is exactly what you're pointing out here.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:43 AM   #182
Solumina

Quote:
This person holds a doctorate in the damn subject. Anyone care to disagree with her?
I do and I want to know what fucking school she went to so that I can personally contact the head of their psychology department and find out if it is just your friend or if it is the department who fails miserably.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #183
burningplain

Actually, its an opinion held by the majority of people I know who are psychologists. They also say that to call psychology a science is to give is more than a little on grounds of whilst it is somewhat empirical there is still a huge amount of wiggle room than in the majority of other scientific subjects. The exemplar many of them used is medical bacteriology/virology. Whilst man diseases in medicine share common symptoms, it can, with testing be narrowed down to a very specific pathogen. Where as the tests in psychology for a given condition are very heavily interpretative. Having been on the recieving end of a hell of alot of psychological testing for various reasons, they seem to be correct.

Psychology has a vague idea, but it does not appear to hold hard answers that truly withstand scientific testing. For God's sake the definition of depression varies between cultures, help the symptoms vary between cultures and if you give me time I can find the damn studies I read about in new scientist that highlighted this.

I would like to make it very clear I am not racist. I am a firm believer that everyone is born free and equal regardless of any markers of any kind. However in biological terms race exist, just ask a physical anthropologist.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #184
Saya

Dude, fuck off. I was a physical anthropology major when I first went to university, and guess what? It was there I learned that race is a social construct. They tend to mention racial features when looking at skeletons, but there isn't "only four races" (which hasn't been believed since what, the fifties? where do aboriginal Americans fall into those, o omnipotent one?) and its not meant to be taken as literal, solid "race", but regional heritage.

Also, deviant, seriously, you think culture has been accomplished through racial pride? Well, we did kill off most of the natives and enslaved a lot of Africans to establish America, but I wouldn't call that an accomplishment, I'd call that a crime against humanity. Anyway, race isn't the result of inbreeding. It wasn't long ago that you were black if you had "one drop" of black ancestry, and even though Obama is technically half black, half white, we all look at him like he's 100% black. Or a dirty Muslim arab. Interracial marriage has been around a lot longer than people think, but racism blinds a lot of people to recognize multiple heritage, unless you're a white person saying that you're not racist because your mother was a Cherokee princess.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #185
Alan

Seeing how there's no white race as there is little phenotype relation with people like Bretons, Celts, and Saxons (and if I remember correctly it turns out more British people have more Breton ancestry than Saxon ancestry, so even the myth of the white Anglo Saxon as being iconic of the white race is wrong) it should be obvious that there's no such thing as biologically founded racial distinctions.
Just as well, as Saya pointed out, there's more genetic variety among the 'black' race than among, for instance, semitic people and yet people tend to think of jewish and arabs as entirely different racial categories. That alone should make it crystal clear that racial categories are mere social and even political constructs.

Also, Solumina herself studies psychology, so your appeal to authority when telling what your 'friend' said doesn't mean anything except that if it's true, your friend's an idiot. Hell, I've been going to a Lacanian study group, Lacan being one of the most controversial psychoanalysis figures, and even they know that psychology is a real science!
You seem; excuse me, our friend seems to think that just because there are multiple mutually exclusive theories, and some of them have been criticized and are probably ultimately false in their premises, like I'd argue behaviorism is, that it's somehow not a real science because otherwise 'it would never be wrong'. If so, we go back to how you two refuse to understand what the very concept of SCIENCE is. The physical theories of M theory and string theory cannot be both correct. One of them has to be wrong. This does not mean that physics is not a science.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #186
burningplain

I bow to your superior knowledge of anthropology Saya. Thank you for correcting me, clearly I need to do more research.

Alan; what makes my friend an idiot? Her point is not based on the multiplicity of theories. Its based on the mechanisms of psychological study which are not as empirically sound as other sciences. So yeah, psychology is a science, but to quote Dr Brennan it's a soft science. And clearly my point on definitions and symptoms has been ignored. Yeah, yet again I make an argument and it gets ignored.

Fuck it, I can see that I will make no head way with any of you lot, no matter what I say, no matter how I argue. So, whilst I won't say you win, I will say that clearly you all lack the ability to debate with out deciding that insult has to be brought in.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #187
Alan

You lost your claim to a high horse when you called me a shit scientist, you whiny hypocrite.
real classy
Old 02-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #188
Solumina

BP I ask again: what school did your friend receive her degree from?

I am not asking for anything that would identify her, I just want to be able to see if her views are held by that university's faculty.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #189
AshleyO

Quote:
I bow to your superior knowledge of anthropology Saya. Thank you for correcting me, clearly I need to do more research.

Alan; what makes my friend an idiot? Her point is not based on the multiplicity of theories. Its based on the mechanisms of psychological study which are not as empirically sound as other sciences. So yeah, psychology is a science, but to quote Dr Brennan it's a soft science. And clearly my point on definitions and symptoms has been ignored. Yeah, yet again I make an argument and it gets ignored.

Fuck it, I can see that I will make no head way with any of you lot, no matter what I say, no matter how I argue. So, whilst I won't say you win, I will say that clearly you all lack the ability to debate with out deciding that insult has to be brought in.
Alright, this is dumb. BP, just admit that what you're asking for is for non-believers to say, "It's okay that you believe in neopaganism!"

Seriously, it's unreasonable to ask for something such as that with no empirical evidence to back up your claim.

Do you want to know what would happen if you could prove your faith with empiricism? It would become the domain of the material. It would become politicized. Even if what you said was true, your faith is probably not worth being a part of in a meaningful way.

I mean look at the old testament. Look at almost all of the desert monotheism faiths and tell me that if they were proven right, that those gods wouldn't be worth a DAMN following.

Why you people had to go and argue the merits of fields of study, I will not know. I guess so long as you guys can prove that science isn't perfect, then it's acceptable to assume anything just so long as it makes you feel good. Well fuck you. The scientific ignorance gap has been monumentally huge in the past and right now, scientists worth their salt would tell you that we as a human species still have a long time to go before we figure out the whole thing. But FUCK anyone out there who's intellectually lazy enough to stop exploring and finding answers when they can just say, "God did it".

Once upon a time, people believed that humans were full of 3 terrible fluids in their bodies (blood, semen, bile) and that bleeding these fluids out would somehow cure sickness. In those times, it was popularly assumed that sicknesses and diseases were a curse. Imagine if we stopped thinking right there. Imagine if we left it up to the will of god instead of human curiosity. We would be rightly fucked. Why you or anyone else would ever entertain the idea of the healing power of crystals and weaving circles over actual medicine is beyond me. You fucking... CHILDREN.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #190
burningplain

Actually, I wasn't attacking science as a whole, I like science, hell I chose to study it. What I am asking for is something called TOLERANCE. If that makes me a bad person, then I'm sorry for apparently wanting something that is classified as a basic human right. So yeah... Apparently that makes me a bad human being. I got angry, I acknowledge, now I'm just plain furious.

You wonder why there's intolerance? You wonder why there's war? Thank you AshleyO for so beautifully bringing the evidence for it.

Something like "That's what you believe, fine, believe as you wish." would have been absolutely fine, no arguments would have continued the whole sorry thing would have died right there. But no. It immediately devolves down to personal attacks and accusations of denial of reality. I asked why people believe what they believe. I didn't ask people like yourself and Alan to come along and go "You're wrong, I'm right because..." I asked you to explain why you believed something, instead I'm told that I'm desperately searching for acceptance and that I'm an idiot.

Wow. Well done. Evaluation of evidence etc. goes out the window within the first page, replaced by bigotry and hatred.

You want my honest to god opinion on Marxism? Here it is. It's a foolish theory, which ignore basic instincts instilled into us through evolution and it cannot work on a scale the size of the current human population.

A post apocalyptic distopia has more chances of becoming the perfect marxist society. Why? Because then there is struggle and people learn that in order to survive they have to work together. In Western society that has gone out of the window, every man for himself has become a centralised dogma of society and would appear to be becoming an increasingly important one.

And Alan, you're a bigotted arse cos off the top of my head it wasn't mean who decided to march in and attack other people's belief's so hey, get down off your own you pompous arse and answer the argument I hurled at you, which coincidently you decided to ignore and instead aim for personal insult, so would you care to present a sound counter-argument or would you like to congratulate me on a well made point. Or perhaps you'd like to continue with the personal attacks as seems to be concurrent with your style of argument on any thread where I've "locked horns" with you. Get off your hobby horse and start practicing what you preach on marxism, something about everyone being free and equal isn't it?
*bows* And now I leave you as soon as I figure out how to delete my account from this forum as I'm sick to death of this style of argument coming around time and time again.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #191
burningplain

Solumina; sorry Solumina I don't know you and hence I am unwilling to give you such data. I'd explain why, but my verbal communication skills are better than my written ones and trust me when I say that with the information I'd provide I could figure out identity to a farely decent level of certainty.

I will state that I am unaware as to the opinions of the institution from whence the doctorate came, but I will also state that the opinion in question is held by a number of psychologists whom I am acquainted with.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #192
AshleyO

Quote:
Actually, I wasn't attacking science as a whole, I like science, hell I chose to study it. What I am asking for is something called TOLERANCE.
No you do not want tolerance. You want concessions. You want to be incorrect and have others view your incorrectness as acceptable. I'll give you the extent of the only tolerance anyone deserves in this respects. You are limited as we all are. You are probably quite decent as a person. You do not have any answers that are empirically meaningful. Because of this, you do the very classic thing that we have all been guilty of. You embrace phantasms to assuage your alienation, your pain, your fear, and your incompetence. That is understandable. But I will not sit here and say that at the end of the day, your fantasies are actually okay. They are not.

Quote:
You wonder why there's intolerance? You wonder why there's war? Thank you AshleyO for so beautifully bringing the evidence for it.
Fuck you. Wars don't get started over a lack of belief you dick. You have to believe something in order to do the nasty shit people do in the name of those beliefs. And you wonder why atheists are militant? I guess it has NOTHING to do with the fact that we are only militant in a reactionary way. I guess it has nothing to do with the fact that it is RELIGION that plants the seeds of belief of in groups and out groups to such a degree that it drops buildings on heads and kills and abuses half of the human population because shit... some pissed off desert slaughter god said so.

Quote:
You want my honest to god opinion on Marxism? Here it is. It's a foolish theory, which ignore basic instincts instilled into us through evolution and it cannot work on a scale the size of the current human population.
You child. This has to do with beliefs in supernatural matters and the consequences of them, NOT systems of economics. The petulance of you...

"I can't defend my stupid beliefs and they can't stand up to scrutiny so because I feel attacked, I'm going after something you hold near and dear because hopefully you'll know what it feels like to be equally stupid."

For fuck's sake, kid. Read a fucking book. Put the crystals down. Stop making your room smell like a fart cause you burn too much sage. And realize that it is YOU who are trying to make yourself uncommon and ignoring the common by grasping at whatever fairy tale makes you feel special. Fuck you, child.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #193
Sinjob

Exclamation Uh oh deep and touchy subject alert

...Ok, seriously.

It's time to break out the bong.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #194
AshleyO

Meh...

He wants to believe in made up shit. Fine.

BP, I take it all back. Despite me lacking the ability to embrace ideas that are unfounded so that they can comfort me doesn't mean I should try to deprive you of your ability to believe in stuff that just isn't real. Go ahead and do so, BP. It's perfectly fine. I'm the one who's falling short because I lack that ability to be spiritual.

If it makes you feel better, you can lump this militant atheist with the militant theists who actually KILL people and destroy lives. I'm such a monster saying that you're wrong. I'm no better than the theists who start wars and blame the victims of **** because they didn't adhere to the codes of their religions.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #195
Solumina

Quote:
Solumina; sorry Solumina I don't know you and hence I am unwilling to give you such data. I'd explain why, but my verbal communication skills are better than my written ones and trust me when I say that with the information I'd provide I could figure out identity to a farely decent level of certainty.
That is crap and you know it. There is no university that has only had one student graduate with a Doctorate in Psychology, I wouldn't have any identify characteristics, I wouldn't have the names of the faculty that they worked with, I wouldn't have the abstract of their dissertation, I wouldn't even have a clue what year they graduated, for all I know your friend could have gotten their degree ages ago.

Besides if I was going to put any effort into identifying anyone I could just track you ip address. I don't want that I want you to actually back up your claims.
Quote:
I will state that I am unaware as to the opinions of the institution from whence the doctorate came, but I will also state that the opinion in question is held by a number of psychologists whom I am acquainted with.
It is a view that the psychological community has been working quite hard to prove wrong, pretty much since the field's beginning, so I'm not inclined to give these people, if they exist, much of any credence. If you want to use these people to give weight to your statements then you need to give some evidence. Give me one of them going on record saying that it isn't a science or something, anything tangible will do.

I'm not trying to badger you into giving me this information but without it your statements about these people's beliefs mean nothing. You can't just say something and use it to back your claim without having actual evidence, regardless of what point you are trying to get across.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #196
burningplain

Yes because religion is totally the reason wars start... its never been a cloak for it at all, never been used as a cover up. Sorry kiddo but most of the religious wackjobs that kill people are following men of little faith who's only interest is power. Religion doesn't start wars. Power hungry fuckers do.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #197
burningplain

No, you right, wars don't get started by lack of beliefs. They get started because one twat refuses to acknowledge the basic human rights of another human being.

"We never killed anyone, we're not as bad as the vehement thiests." Yeah... totally, that justifies you attacking other people because, you know you never killed anyone. BULLSHIT! Don't try and make yourself feel good using that line because frankly that's just denial, you're as bad as them because you refuse to accept other people for what they are, you may not have killed anyone yet, but it doesn't mean you won't.

I read plenty, and thank you for proving my point on intolerance Ashley, Marxism was brought up previously in this thread, I was told I know nothing about it, which I promptly dispelled, I'm not the one who started the personal attacks. Claim enlightenment all you want, you're as bad as the theists. And just like them you're too unwilling to see it because that would mean admitting that you'd done wrong and god forbid that you ever did that, because you know science is a justification to do anything. Fuck you, no it isn't.

Solumina, trust me I can work in conjunction with institution name and the details of you as a persona on the internet to narrow down the possibilities to with in a fairly tight margin.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #198
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Solumina, trust me I can work in conjunction with institution name and the details of you as a persona on the internet to narrow down the possibilities to with in a fairly tight margin.
No you can't. As she already stated, it would be much easier to follow your ISP address. No one cares who you are, stop being paranoid.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #199
Alan

You didn't dispel your ignorance about Marxism. You just proved it by saying shit that is exactly the stupid assumptions that Marx criticizes in the Critique of the Gotha Program.
So please, stick to one ignorant topic at a time.
real classy
Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #200
AshleyO

Quote:
Yes because religion is totally the reason wars start... its never been a cloak for it at all, never been used as a cover up. Sorry kiddo but most of the religious wackjobs that kill people are following men of little faith who's only interest is power. Religion doesn't start wars. Power hungry fuckers do.
How fucking astute of you, BP. How quick you were to prove my point.

1. We have a religion. It makes ideas holy.

2. The sinister see this as a great tool to shepherd his soldiers into obedience

3. The soldier who is a believer will do what the religion demands because those fantasies are real for them.

4. The believers kill and cause trouble and cause problems BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE.

This is a CLEAR reason as to why religion IS a terrible weapon of manipulation. This is mental manipulation and abuse on a mass scale. The proletariat, the disenfranchised, the alienated, the poor... they fight our wars and one of the best way to galvanize the obedience of the uneducated and superstitious masses is to rattle the invisible religious chain around their hearts and minds. The chain that keeps them ignorant. The chain that causes them to be weary of intellect and scrutiny. The chain that helps them foster in groups and out groups, to create an other that isn't worthy of their salvation.

ENOUGH. Smash this chain. Rend it to shreds and twist the zeitgeist to the light of secularism and critical thinking. Smash this chain and deny the opportunist the tools in which the masses can not be subjugated to. Smash this chain and let the masses understand that it is no longer acceptable to cling to childish fantasies that seeks to keep them benign.

Fuck religion. It is a WEAPON used against the most desperate, perfectly wielded by the powerful. Non believers aren't asking to hang up the whip and chain of religion on the wall for the sake of humanity, we're at least asking to smash it into dust so that we can no longer abuse each other in dishonest ways.

It is much harder to convince someone to be submissive when the actual qualification of authority is indeed smashed.

Fuck you, Burning. Seriously. You should be embarrassed for being able to identify exactly why religion is bad and yet you persist in twisting that chain around your mind in a more comfortable way because you simply could not fathom a life without the chain at all. Fuck you, child.