Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #7001
Versus

I fucking love Gatorade.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #7002
Solumina

I had kind of forgotten how awesome it is, especially strawberry kiwi.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #7003
Versus

Eh. I am partial to the flavors of blue.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #7004
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
You make me smile, love! ^_^

MissC, I hope your day gets better. You need rest, hun.

Saya, I don't know what to say about your situation, hun. Extend your hand and see what happens. Then you won't live with that heart-wrenching regret of doing nothing. *hugz* I still harbor a lot of resentment toward my grandfather because his neglect was a huge factor in my Grandmother's decline before she died.

So, today I biked a few blocks and back(job hunting) and dammit am I out of shape!! I haven't been exercising since all the divorce crap started. I have free time until I find a job. Might as well get my lazy ass in gear. I've been losing weight because I have no appetite since my ex got the kids(all because of the length of time they've been in the autism program in Alvin). It sucks because it's not something I can fix. I'm not a bad mother and I don't have a drug problem that quitting would help raise my chances of having my kids. It's completely out of my power and makes me feel defeated. Fuck.

Peaches, give me some real world perspective on how much worse it is to live in a warzone. Please?

I'm so sorry Graus I hope its just temporary!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #7005
Versus

Quote:
Peaches, give me some real world perspective on how much worse it is to live in a warzone. Please?
So, if I understand correctly, you want me to relate something about my experience with people trying to murder me because it will make you feel better?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #7006
Fruitbat

Quote:
You make me smile, love! ^_^

MissC, I hope your day gets better. You need rest, hun.

Saya, I don't know what to say about your situation, hun. Extend your hand and see what happens. Then you won't live with that heart-wrenching regret of doing nothing. *hugz* I still harbor a lot of resentment toward my grandfather because his neglect was a huge factor in my Grandmother's decline before she died.

So, today I biked a few blocks and back(job hunting) and dammit am I out of shape!! I haven't been exercising since all the divorce crap started. I have free time until I find a job. Might as well get my lazy ass in gear. I've been losing weight because I have no appetite since my ex got the kids(all because of the length of time they've been in the autism program in Alvin). It sucks because it's not something I can fix. I'm not a bad mother and I don't have a drug problem that quitting would help raise my chances of having my kids. It's completely out of my power and makes me feel defeated. Fuck.

Oh hun... super big hugs. Exercise will be good for you... get all those good endorphins flowing through your system. Keep you busy, and your mind off things (although you'll still be thinking about it).

Try and stay positive babe. What worked for me was to have a goal, something to work towards. Like hiking up a mountain or doing a marathon.

I found something the other day that i thought was totally awesome and that I should put on my bucket list..

A marathon in Antartica. Although it would be sweet to become one of the 7 continents marathon runners club - but first I need to get into shape.

My heros in time of hardship are Mawson - home of the blizzard and the book south - which is a book full of complete chance - both about Antartic explorers.

And if you can, let the resentment go, because you'll only hurt yourself.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #7007
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
So, if I understand correctly, you want me to relate something about my experience with people trying to murder me because it will make you feel better?
Not to feel better. Just in a "quit whining, other people have it worse" kinda way. Sorry, if I caused offense, hun. I didn't mean that knowing people had tried to kill you would put a smile on my face. SometimesI just don't feel like I have a legit excuse to whine no matter how bad things get.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #7008
Versus

Quote:
Not to feel better. Just in a "quit whining, other people have it worse" kinda way. Sorry, if I caused offense, hun. I didn't mean that knowing people had tried to kill you would put a smile on my face. SometimesI just don't feel like I have a legit excuse to whine no matter how bad things get.
I was totally joking. Isn't that a relief? If that doesn't make you feel better, I don't know what will. XD

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #7009
Grausamkeit

Goddamnit, Peaches! *shakes fist*

Thank you all for your thoughts. I guess it can't rain all the time.

*staples hand to forehead*

I do need to start biking more, Fru. I did get some good news earlier. I may be a shoe in for a waitress position at a local place. I just need to go down and get my TABC and print out the receipt as proof when I turn in my application tomorrow. I still have money in the bank from my ex splitting the income tax with me for just such necessities. Apparently the girl I know who works there is good friends with the owner and is willing to recommend me for hire. She says they make decent money there. 30 minutes after posting my whine I got some potentially good news.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #7010
Fruitbat

Quote:
Goddamnit, Peaches! *shakes fist*

Thank you all for your thoughts. I guess it can't rain all the time.

*staples hand to forehead*

I do need to start biking more, Fru. I did get some good news earlier. I may be a shoe in for a waitress position at a local place. I just need to go down and get my TABC and print out the receipt as proof when I turn in my application tomorrow. I still have money in the bank from my ex splitting the income tax with me for just such necessities. Apparently the girl I know who works there is good friends with the owner and is willing to recommend me for hire. She says they make decent money there. 30 minutes after posting my whine I got some potentially good news.
That's always the way babe....

Great news hun...xoxo...

Fark! Spoke with a GF in general way about my past and had two days of fighting a PTSD trigger afterwards.

One day I'm going to write it all down and get it the fuck out of my head.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #7011
MissCheyenne

I have two weddings to go to later in the year and I have to start looking for at least one dress that can be worn for both as I have nothing suitable to wear. I hate dress shopping, everything is either too long or too gaudy. I hate sequins, I fucking hate them.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #7012
Solumina

I miss having a kitty and I know that I'm moving across the damn country in a couple of months (plus the pet deposit for my apartment is expensive, especially since it is non-refundable and would only be for three and a half months) so now isn't really the best time to get one, but I still really, really miss cats. I don't even have any friends around here who have cats, they're all dog people.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #7013
Solumina

Okay I'm comforting/torturing myself by looking at kitties on petfinder, this is not healthy behavior.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #7014
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Okay I'm comforting/torturing myself by looking at kitties on petfinder, this is not healthy behavior.
This blog could either help or hinder your need for a feline friend:

http://catversushuman.blogspot.com/
Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #7015
Solumina

I love that blog so much, according to Jake I make "crazy cat lady" sounds (whatever that means) while reading it.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #7016
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
What about sponsoring a kitty at an adoption place?

MissC - I hate clothes shopping. You have my sympathies. Hope you can find something.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #7017
MissCheyenne

Thanks Batty. I'm starting my hunt early as I know it will take me forever to find something. I just hate all the sequins and feathers and stuff that seems to be put all over every dress I find. I know it will get to the point where I end up looking for something I can pick the sequins off, it's what usually happens. I don't understand why the people who design the dresses think everyone wants to look like a giant disco ball.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #7018
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Thanks Batty. I'm starting my hunt early as I know it will take me forever to find something. I just hate all the sequins and feathers and stuff that seems to be put all over every dress I find. I know it will get to the point where I end up looking for something I can pick the sequins off, it's what usually happens. I don't understand why the people who design the dresses think everyone wants to look like a giant disco ball.
I could help you find something. Though I'm not sure how keen you are about shopping for a wedding dress on the internet.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #7019
MissCheyenne

It's a dress FOR a wedding not a wedding dress itself but thanks Big V. If you can find something, anything on the internet, link it my way, I'm willing to look anywhere right now. Oh yeah, Big V is your new name from now on. Deal with it.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #7020
Saya

What kind of dress are you looking for? Budget range?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:18 AM   #7021
MissCheyenne

Ideally I want something that won't make me look any fatter than I already am so no pencil dresses, nothing too clingy so no bodycon either. 'Prom dress' shape is probably the best bet, shows off my tatties and skims my hips so yeah, that kind of thing. Budget wise, I'm looking at up to £200, my budget is higher than it would normally be because it's one dress for mulitple events.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 AM   #7022
Saya

I was thinking you'd look adorable in a swing dress! I was looking at People Tree but if you want something more formal and fancy, I'll look around, got nothing to do til class starts.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #7023
MissCheyenne

It doesn't have to be overly formal or fancy, just......nice. I never really go anywhere that calls for 'nice' dresses so I just have a wardrobe full of fairly casual stuff.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #7024
Saya

What size are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm finding a lot of stuff that's cute but on pencil skinny models, would plus size sites be too much?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #7025
MissCheyenne

I'm a uk 12, sometimes a 14 if the store cuts their sizes on the small side. I have an average sized chest, small waist and BIG hips which is why I'm not looking for anything tight or clingy. I had a quick look at People Tree and those swing dresses are cute

I am your slice of pie