Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
nightmare from above

Help me out?

i am new here and realy sure if i belong. i am not sure that im goth but i do not have a problem with the way i dress or act despite the fact that by some people i am hated for it. black is the only color in my closet and i have an undying addiction to horror movies and also realy like the rob zombies. ive always imagined my death to be like something from the hostel movies. as far as the music goes, i like death metal and thats pretty much it. i do read a bit, mostly stephen king. i have never claimed to be goth, only asked if i was. i never gave an answer because i never knew. im the only one of my kind in my town. and neighboring towns really. i am very mis-understood and i dont fit in with very many people. so i need to know, am i goth, or just the weird kid of my generation?
nightmare from above is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:33 AM   #2
Saya

Don't be so self conscious, why try to fit into a label? If we say you're goth or not goth, what does that change?

You need to watch more Invader Zim or Lucky Star, my friend ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:56 AM   #3
NightmareInShiningArmour

From that description you seem to be someone more like a Metalhead than a Goth. But it doesn't matter what you get labeled! You are what you are, and that is yourself.
You never know, maybe you could enjoy the same stuff that we do.

Try listening to some bands such as:
The Cure
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Sisters of Mercy
Alien Sex Fiend
Bauhaus
Christian Death

Just a few. See if you like them. If you don't then it doesn't matter. Death Metal is still a pretty good genre of music
NightmareInShiningArmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:15 AM   #4
viscus

Sample the bands that NISA listed. If you dig them, you can consider yourself a Babygoth. If not, no big deal.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
NightmareInShiningArmour

Oh and don't forget Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus. Goth anthem right there.
NightmareInShiningArmour is offline   Reply With Quote