Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-11-2005, 07:17 AM   #1
Samuel

Yet another War thread

I know this is probably flogging a dead (or at least mortally wounded) horse. I bring it up again because I am here (Baghdad) and I would like to here your views; answer your questions and share stories with anyone else who has been here.

Just for a little background... I have been in the army for just over 4 years and I'm nearing the end of my second tour here. (Yes I was here for the begining)

"Our defense is in the preservation of the spirit which prizes liberty as a heritage of all men, in all lands, everywhere. Destroy this spirit and you have planted the seeds of despotism around your own doors."
Abraham Lincoln
Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
tenet_2012

I really don't care about the "war".

I do care about our troops over there, though. I think enough young men and women have died in this political war. I hope it doesn't turn into another Vietnam.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:52 PM   #3
OdinicRite

I am about to depart on a journey of my own through the Navy.(probably not your cup of tea but to each his own) Anyway, a good friend of mine(Army) whom I graduated with just returned home from Baghdad a month ago. That was her second tour through Iraq. I also have a good friend who lives in Phoenix, Az who was in the Marines in the first wave into Fallujeh(I know the spelling is fucked) and got shot up pretty good, says he would go back and do it again anytime any day. Anyway....just thought that I would post this(I know that I am rambling)
OdinicRite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:11 AM   #4
edible_eye

samuel -

thank you for doing what needs to be done to keep my family safe. i hope you all get to come home soon - but for the time you must spend there... stay safe.

- mark
Old 11-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #5
Samuel

Thank you all for your posts.

No fears Eye, I'm keeping my head down.

Odinic, You are a brother to me even if your service is different. Please tell your friend who is a Marine that I wish him a speedy recovery and tell him I thank him.

Tenet, With Malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds. - Abraham Lincoln.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views.
Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote