Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-02-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
CptSternn

Political Cartoon Thread

I thought a nice thread full of political cartoons would be in order. Remember, linking art via the IMG tag not only removed restrictions on size and shape, but also saves Gothic.Net diskspace and bandwidth. Also, linking to works that have copyright is not considered illegal while if you upload them here and display them directly someone might get mad and pull them. So make sure not to upload anything without permission and lets try not to blow up the diskspace.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
CptSternn

I'll start. Here is one I ran across last week (wow, this thread will date itself).

And yes folks, thats a direct quote from his speech.

Slán
Old 06-02-2005, 08:20 AM   #3
Binkie

I'm with the soldier on that one. :lol:
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:44 AM   #4
CptSternn

Binkster - I actually agree with you and the solider on that as well! Let that poor squadie leave, and that way we that live here can settle it ourselves, alone!

Found another one here. Remember people, don't post unless you include a cartoon in your post!

Slán
Old 06-02-2005, 08:51 AM   #5
edible_eye

Old 06-02-2005, 08:56 AM   #6
Binkie

Naw, squadie needs to be there. I mean, come on, look what happened with the power-sharing government when it went unsupervised.

"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 06-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #7
CptSternn

Oi! That shit is fecking funny! I mean, I fecking laughed so hard I literally spit beer out me nose. No fecking shit.

Of course, thats because I watch and love the real Doctor Who. Ye can't kill a TimeLord! But, if those of your priveldged enough to get BBC and get that joke, its funny.

Binkie, you get that joke or just post that because it was the onlu IRA cartoon you could find?

Either way, seriously, that shit is funny.

Oh, here is another to keep the topic going...

Slán
Old 06-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #8
Binkie

Naw, I caught a glimps of it a while back on the international channel.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:09 AM   #9
CptSternn

I copied that one for my desktop!

Here's one for ye...

Old 06-03-2005, 11:41 AM   #10
Binkie

For "ye?"

Ye ye, holmes.

Old 06-04-2005, 07:57 AM   #11
CptSternn

Yeah thats some dig at New Zealand I don't get. You posted it, you explain it...

Here's one that doesn't need a white board description...

Slán
Old 06-04-2005, 08:16 AM   #12
Binkie

S'ok. You don't have to understand politics to take interest in them.

Here's a moment in time that still rings true to this day.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #13
CptSternn

Yeah, if thats your way of saying you have no idea, then we understand.

Also, have you thought of finding some cartoons from this decade? I mean all those classics from the 70's in the CAIN archive are pretty much dated.

Slán
Old 06-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #14
Binkie

What? The IRA still hates democracy, which is why they have thus far declained to join the process. Reflects on modern politics.

Here's a funny comic that goes into how Sinn Fein has tried to downplay the IRA robbery:

They're not "crooked" robbers, they're "heroic" robbers!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:33 AM   #15
Granny-like_the_apple

How about a change of pace, guys, because frankly your cartoons are boring the hell out of me.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #16
CptSternn

Thats a good one, except all the people they arrested have been released without charges and all the monies confiscated they thought were fromt he heist have been returned, with apologies. They also have had 3 similar heists in the past 4 months here, and now they have claimed they no longer feel the IRA is involved, of course, you porbably don't get that kind of news media in the states, ones that say the opposite of what bush said on St. Paddys

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...p?story=642883

But either way, still funny.

Slán
Old 06-04-2005, 10:28 AM   #17
AlKilyu

Huh. This is supposed to have random political cartoons (yeah right) and yet Sternn takes opportunities to take shots at Binkie and comment on her's.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #18
edible_eye

here's a funny cartoon

Old 06-04-2005, 05:26 PM   #19
edible_eye

and this one. haha.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:34 PM   #20
edible_eye

Old 06-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #21
Binkie

Yeah. Some people don't like political humor, I guess. Or take it entirely too seriously. Those folks need to sit back and "enjoy their Afghan opium" or "get laid" or something.

Here's another funny rendering about the political position of Sinn Fein.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #22
edible_eye

Old 06-05-2005, 01:28 PM   #23
Asurai

E_E: beautiful!

Sternn: I disagree with that one on a number of points, but it's still great.

Since G.net doesn't want to let me post any pictures at the moment, I'll just post some links.

http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives...Evidence-X.gif

http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives...rryDraft-X.gif

http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives...emocracy-X.gif
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:17 AM   #24
CptSternn

Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #25
Binkie