Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
TwilightWedding

Why hello there!

Well, to start off, my name is Steve. I'm 17 years old, and from the great North. Well, on the North American side, which would be Canada! A little about me, I work as a baker part-time and go to school for the rest of said time. I read lots and lots of books, and my beloved author is Raymond E. Feist. Not that big of a movie critic, so no shout outs on a fav. movie.

Moving on, I live music. For any important events, I would absolutely choose Miranda Sex Garden for any serious themes, and Siouxsie & the Banshees or And Also the Trees for anything else. Just don't ask me to pick a favorite!

I will hopefully be completing Grade 12, and be going into trades very soon. More than likely going into cabinet making. I shall be visiting Europe before the end of school and the beginning of my trade school, and hopefully many times afterwards. A little something to add, I am a very quiet/shy person, so I shall be here, lurking, and may tend to post from time to time.

Any questions feel free to ask, and I hope to enjoy this community thoroughly for my time here (which should be a long, long time).
TwilightWedding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
Xombie

Miranda Sex Garden. I like you.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Dyce

Well hello there my name also is Steve lol, welcome.
Dyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
TwilightWedding

Xombie - I'm quite glad of that! I hope I don't disappoint!

Dyce - Why hello. Another Steve, I'm charmed!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
Stormtrooper of Death

Welcome. I'll also be going into a trade as well. Machinist or welder, so a bit different from cabinent making. Cheers.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
TwilightWedding

A machinist, hm? I never could get into machinery, myself. Hope you have a good one!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #7
Delkaetre

Feist? Nice. Like his stuff, though I have a terrible ability to find only the middle book of a trilogy when I find his stuff in shops, so I've only really read fragments of his work.
Your quality of written English is excellent, your intro was informative without simply listing off facts, and you seem willing to engage in conversation. You're very, very welcome!
And good music taste, too.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
TwilightWedding

I have that same malady for many other authors! Particularly Robin Hobb. I am currenly waiting on the third installation of "The Tawny Man". I partially blame my English on school and on books. You have to pick up something in the twelve years you've been taught!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
tickingstitch

A FAIRY TALE ABOUT SLAVERY is amazing... Welcome!

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:21 AM   #10
TwilightWedding

I must wholeheartedly agree! I love that album. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 AM   #11
Delkaetre

Oooh, and a Robin Hobb fan as well? Excellent!
If your years of schooling have given you interest and enthusiasm, you're very lucky. Books are a pleasure I discovered on my own- my classes at school were immensely dull and very nearly put me off reading.
At any rate.... do remain here, post often, become part of the community. It would be most unfortunate to lose such a promising new member.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
TwilightWedding

Haha, no, that wasn't quite what I meant. My love to read came from my father's books, mainly David Eddings(always a great read). Schooling just showed me how to properly write, though that's never a bad thing.
I would love to stay here, but my shyness prohibits me from going full out on my posting. I will, of course, try my best!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #13
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!!!
Yes, another fellow Canadian!
I'm also in grade 12, and worrying about university. :P
You seem to have a nice taste in music, and Feist is pretty good.
Well enjoy your stay!
Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #14
TwilightWedding

Another Canadian! Lovely, I sometimes feel lonely being all alone up here. I thank you for the kind words, and I most certainly will have a great stay!