Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Fallout New Vegas

Anyone feel up for some gambling?

The first trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKDbwZmORnU&feature=sub

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Methadrine

Rumor has it that it's Tycho at the end of the trailer. That would certainly be neat.

Either way, it's probably be going to be a blast to play it.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
vindicatedxjin

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Words cannot describe how fucking excited I am about this game.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
Rumor has it that it's Tycho at the end of the trailer. That would certainly be neat.

Either way, it's probably be going to be a blast to play it.
Hmm, I'm curious about the 7 on the helmet, vault 7 isnt one of the known vaults.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Stormtrooper of Death

I have to buy a 360 and play the original Fallout 3 first.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
vindicatedxjin

It doesn't matter what you play it on...it's still gonna be amazing, but I have it for ps3. I also had it for my comp but it lagged too much. You've got to play it though.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
Lochnar

Fucking love Fallout 3...and 2
Lochnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
vindicatedxjin

So I'm hearing that it might be co-op!!!

Bring Kontan Back
Old 02-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #9
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
So I'm hearing that it might be co-op!!!
What is the source of this information?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #10
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
What is the source of this information?
My fallout addict brother...I'll ask him if there's an article online.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
vindicatedxjin

SOOO My brother LIED I went on the fallout website and all it says is this...

Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland. A word of warning, however - while Vault-Tec engineers have prepared for every contingency,* in Vegas, fortunes can change in an instant. Enjoy your stay.

Will Fallout New Vegas include multiplayer?
No, Fallout: New Vegas is a single-player game only.

Oh well..it's gonna be fun anyways.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #12
Renatus

Quote:
SOOO My brother LIED I went on the fallout website and all it says is this...

Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland. A word of warning, however - while Vault-Tec engineers have prepared for every contingency,* in Vegas, fortunes can change in an instant. Enjoy your stay.

Will Fallout New Vegas include multiplayer?
No, Fallout: New Vegas is a single-player game only.

Oh well..it's gonna be fun anyways.
Could you link me to the part of the website where you found that confirmation?

Old 02-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #13
vindicatedxjin

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/games/fnv-overview.html

Bring Kontan Back
Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #14
Renatus

Quote:
I mean the part where they say "no multiplayer", I found the part you linked on my own quite easily.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #15
vindicatedxjin

It's the link I gave you, just hit the FAQ.....

Bring Kontan Back
Old 02-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #16
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Fallout: New Vegas details leaked?
Monday 4-Jan-2010 2:00

- UPDATE

The first details on Fallout: New Vegas have leaked online, if a supposed internet tipster is to be believed.

According to a member of the Gamespot forums, the below details are due to appear in the next issue of US mag Game Informer.

We've contacted Bethesda for the official line. Until then, file this strictly under rumour...

UPDATE: Bethesda's given us a standard "no comment" repsonse.

UPDATE 2: Game Informer's executive editor, Andrew Reiner has denied the claim: "Fallout: New Vegas will not be on Game Informer's next cover," he Tweeted.

# Similar to Dragon Age: Origins, at character creation the player can select from different background stories. The first few hours of the game are different depending on which background you choose, and you get some unique perks based on your background when the main game begins.

# One background story is shown, Chinese Agent. The background story takes place before the bombs fell. The player is part of a team of Crimson Dragoons infilitrating Hoover Dam. You manage to sneak through the Americans' defenses, set explosives, and head to an extraction point, but your escape is cut off by American soldiers in Power Armor. The player and other survivors of the Crimson Dragoons take refuge in a cave in the canyons, where they commit hari kari with cyanide capsules. The player about to do the same when the bombs fall. The background story ends an indeterminate time later, when the player exits the cave, removes his helmet, and sees his ghoulish reflection in the waters of the Colorado River.

# The background story segues into character creation. The player can customize the appearance of the ghoul, and you see you start the game with two unique perks. One, similar to the Ghoul Mask in Fallout 3, makes Feral Ghouls non-aggro. The other makes the player immune to radiation sickness and allows the player to discharge accumulated radiation in a blast similar to a Glowing Ghoul, healing the player and any mutants while damaging all non-mutants in range.

# By default, the Chinese Agent has the skills Sneak, Small Arms, and Explosives tagged and SPECIAL stats set, although the player can modify their tagged skills and stats if they don't like the template.

# One character background option is Lone Wanderer. This selection has no background story or template and is a complete blank slate for players.

# The SPECIAL system used will be similar to Fallout 3, but skills will be harder to cap and one character will not be able to become a master of all skills. The article is not very specific because apparently it's something the developers are still tweaking.

# Gambling will return, but not as a skill. Your Luck stat will effect gambling results. You can attempt to cheat at cards using your Sneak skill or hack slot machines using your Science skill.

# There will be vehicles. The desert of New Vegas dwarfs the Capital Wasteland and you will need transportation to get around and explore it. You will acquire a vehicle several hours into the main quest. You can customize your vehicle with parts bought at shops or won through racing circuits and quests. Vehicles will not be common, but you will encounter road gangs, merchant caravans, and other vehicles in the wastes. The open desert is home to some very large mutant creatures, like giant radscorpions and sandworms, that will attack your vehicle.

# New Vegas has a coliseum run by a slaver gang called the Caesar's Legion. You can gamble on and participate in arena fights.
Quote:
Players will be able to see the effect their game choices have on the world in Fallout New Vegas, says Obsidian.

Project director Josh Sawyer, speaking in the latest PSM3, said, "we want to make sure that the people in New Vegas have really fleshed-out motivations, and that players can interact with them and get meaningful results from their actions.

"When it comes to the end of the game we want players to feel like they shaped the world."

This will involve multiple endings, branching mission structures as well as various player choices throughout the game, says Sawyer.

"Every dent you make in it, or kindness you show it will have consequences that you'll actually be able to see in the plot, the environment and the characters that live within it."

I hope, hope, hope, this is gonna be as good as it sounds.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 04-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #17
vindicatedxjin

A few more tiny tidbits found on wikifallout

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

Bring Kontan Back
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #18
kosK1D

time to get ready to spend another 2 months of my life inside. lulz Love that Fallout! Already reserved new vegas, *uber nerd mode*
kosK1D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #19
Drake Dun

Fallout 3 may well be the best game I have ever played. I got all the DLCs and everything. Very much looking forward to Vegas. Hope they script things a little more carefully, though. Glitches were not hard to come by in Fallout 3, especially if you got clever and tried to get both rewards in the scenarios where they only meant you to grab one of two.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
Ben Lahnger

I've just started playing Fallout 3 on the PS3 (you can pick it up used at GameStop really cheap now) and it has an incredible amount of detail and a very unique sense of style. I have quickly become very immersed in the story.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #21
vindicatedxjin

Try not to beat it too soon. Once you finish all the main missions you can't complete the side ones because the game ends. I completed all the missions except for the last one...and got all the bobble heads, and finished the side quests to get higher xp. You'll enjoy it more.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 04-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
kosK1D

Quote:
Try not to beat it too soon. Once you finish all the main missions you can't complete the side ones because the game ends. I completed all the missions except for the last one...and got all the bobble heads, and finished the side quests to get higher xp. You'll enjoy it more.
Broken Steel Is The Very Last So You Have Extra Time To Do As You Please.
I Hate Those DeathClaws.
kosK1D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #23
Ben Lahnger

Yeah, I got the sense that you should explore the side quests while you can. But I'm trying to play through it without a players guide, so we'll see if I miss something or not.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
Entropic

"The open desert is home to some very large mutant creatures, like giant radscorpions and sandworms, that will attack your vehicle."

If they rip off dune, I'm gonna be pissed.
Entropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #25
vindicatedxjin

http://gameinformer.com/games/fallou...new-vegas.aspx

WOO HOO!

Bring Kontan Back