Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #26
GothProsty

Is this my thread or eHarmony?
GothProsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #27
ionic_angel

What scene? I don't think I've seen another goth in years. I'm thinking about taking a trip down to L.A. or something...
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #28
GothProsty

Goths don't belong there.
GothProsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #29
ionic_angel

To the OP...if you are true-black, as they say, I apologize. But most people who post like this are trolls.

Also, thread hi-jacking is a way of life around here. Get used to it. :-P
Old 03-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #30
raggedyanne

Oh, I may have bi tendencies, but I'm engaged. So sorry to squash the dating site idea. The local goth scenes aren't always great, so when we find out that other members live near us, we try to get together and hang out or go to a club so we don't drown in the mundanes.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #31
sneakfuandrapist

wow i cant post urls thats.....well thats convient or however you spell it
sneakfuandrapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #32
sneakfuandrapist

Quote:
To the OP...if you are true-black, as they say, I apologize. But most people who post like this are trolls.
we're who we are but we're not trolls.
sneakfuandrapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #33
ionic_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Oh, I may have bi tendencies, but I'm engaged. So sorry to squash the dating site idea. The local goth scenes aren't always great, so when we find out that other members live near us, we try to get together and hang out or go to a club so we don't drown in the mundanes.
Amen to that...though I do enjoy my mundane friends. What's the fun of being weird if everyone else is weird too? But I digress.

But yeah, it's nice to see a another goth now and then.

Oh, and you can't post URLs until you get a few posts under your belt. Doesn't take many, though. Keeps out the spammers.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #34
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionic_angel

Also, thread hi-jacking is a way of life around here. Get used to it. :-P
Yay threadjacking! Did you see the time ophelia got pissed off cuz her whining thread got turned into molly and I having a discussion about licking turtles? It was a while ago, but quite worth the word-lashing she gave us.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #35
ionic_angel

Turtle licking?

Man, I had a turtle once...I wouldn't have licked that dude for a million dollars.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #36
raggedyanne

Yah. It's never as fun once you find out about the parasites.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #37
ionic_angel

Erm. Yeah. I think I'll go back to enjoying my wine now. :-P
Old 03-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #38
raggedyanne

Drink up me hearty! yo ho!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #39
Beneath the Shadows

I didn't think it possible for my eyes, and my eyes alone, to cringe. I was wrong.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 PM   #40
raggedyanne

Oops. Does my singing offend or was it the newbies?
Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 PM   #41
Beneath the Shadows

I meant at the original post.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #42
raggedyanne

Ah. I hope I didn't mess up the situation too much. I think they meant well, but their approaches sucked.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #43
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothProsty
Why is it that when a true goth posts something everybody shuns he/she's beliefs and self overall? I'm not a troll, although my cousin was. Heh.
A "true goth" that never once mentions Bauhaus? Sure.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #44
L'Oiseau Noir

Yup, I already don't like you, O.P.

You sound like a Hollywood Boulevard hooker, like in that movie Pretty Woman.

And yes, to say it before you or anyone else does, I am a bitch.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #45
ionic_angel

Hmm. Well, if what you said makes you that, I'm even worse. Also, do you have a xanga? I dislike myspace.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #46
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionic_angel
Hmm. Well, if what you said makes you that, I'm even worse. Also, do you have a xanga? I dislike myspace.
No Xanga, unfortunately (if that was aimed at me, if not I apologize). I'm just another poor soul, ensnared by Myspace, AIM, and MSN because I haven't anything better to do.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

Old 03-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #47
raggedyanne

Oh dear. I did warn them about the ohers.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #48
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Oh dear. I did warn them about the ohers.
Warn who about what? The O.P about us? Just curious.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:19 PM   #49
ionic_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
No Xanga, unfortunately (if that was aimed at me, if not I apologize). I'm just another poor soul, ensnared by Myspace, AIM, and MSN because I haven't anything better to do.
Noooooo!

(Yes, it was aimed at you.) :-)

Well, I asked you to be my friend on myspace, if that helps.

Oh, and my AIM is erenil ethresil ...if you're wondering.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #50
raggedyanne

I recognized the newbies as uninformed and idiotic and tried to nicely warn them that the self mutilation claims weren't going to get them anywhere with the rest of the members. Politeness cannot penetrate a thick mind, I guess. You're now free to chase them away like the trolls they wish to emulate.