Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
C0URtNEY

im new/my intro

my name is courtney
umm im 18 im from holgate, ohio
i love the usual hanging out, partying, and going to concerts
im currently depressed :[.
I have tons of fakes btw, im real
im not sure what else to say
im totally not used to this site yet
C0URtNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Wormboy

Reasons you are an idiot:

1) Not capitalizing the first letter in your sentences.
2) Not using any form of punctuation.
3) Unneeded abbreviation, you have all the time in the world to type, and "by the way" isn't exactly a long series of words.
4) Saying you don't know what to say in an introduction when there is a thread at the top of this forum with questions that could help you to make a decent introduction.

I don't like you already.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Bella Sophia

If you're not used to this site yet, maybe you should hold off on the posting for a while and watch how everything works here. (I should have done that in the first place.)
Hm, did you notice the questions fro the newbies here? What music do you listen to? What are your hobbies, you know. Stuff like that.
And also, what do you mean by "I have tons of fakes?"
Well, you seem nice. Welcome to the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
C0URtNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Reasons you are an idiot:

1) Not capitalizing the first letter in your sentences.
2) Not using any form of punctuation.
3) Unneeded abbreviation, you have all the time in the world to type, and "by the way" isn't exactly a long series of words.
4) Saying you don't know what to say in an introduction when there is a thread at the top of this forum with questions that could help you to make a decent introduction.

I don't like you already.
dude. shut UP. ill type however i wanna type. get over it, u have no life u go around finding spelling mistakes for ppl u dont even know. i dont just not like YOU. but i hate u alredy.
:]
so fuck off
also, i said im not used to this site yet, so i didnt even SEE a helping thing.
C0URtNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
Wormboy

Hey madam 'I failed grade school English'. It's a literary forum, you are expected to type with at least one braincell present. Check the logo at the top of the site. See what it says? Gothic.net BONE CHILLING LITERARY CULTURE. LITERARY. As in literature. I am going to let the rest of the boards flame you. That being said, I do not have enough time to deal with idiotic teenagers. Ergo, you will be put in perhaps my favorite piece of this website, the Ignore List. Now I don't have to deal with seeing your mind numbingly stupid threads and having my blood pressure triple.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
L'Oiseau Noir

Excuse Wormy's brash mannerisms, it's just many of his charms.

I'm sure you'll learn, in time, the ropes to the site. Everyone's new at one point, you just have to get the feel of it is all. But if it isn't too much trouble--now I don't mean to offend--it would be nice if you could use proper capitalization and the like, just because, as Wormy said, this is a literary site and many people here take their grammar seriously. I just wanted to give you a heads up, before people decide to drive you away with pitchforks and torches. I'm feeling nice, so I won't be joining the mob.

Anyway, stick around if you'd like to.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Excuse Wormy's brash mannerisms, it's just many of his charms.
but you love me anyway Sierra. Oh and I had a plethora of my myspace friends deleted, could you re-add me? www.myspace.com/jaketacular
Please, anyone else who feels like adding me, just send me a message saying who you are.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
but you love me anyway Sierra. Oh and I had a plethora of my myspace friends deleted, could you re-add me? www.myspace.com/jaketacular
Please, anyone else who feels like adding me, just send me a message saying who you are.

Of course I love you, Wormy. How could I deny it?

And I re-added you.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #9
Lapin

Actually, I agree with Wormboy. Until she learns how to utilize her public education, I don't intend to recognize her presence.

And go ahead and call me names oh Illiterate One. Let's see if you can at least spell those.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0URtNEY
dude. shut UP. ill type however i wanna type.
I'm with you on this one.
You didn't type that bad to be cataloged as an idiot immediately; especially because you wrote slightly better than in your first post.
But still, do write better in this site. It's not about propriety so much as harmony with the other members.
And, I do have to ask, how come you're depressed?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #11
korinna5555

Welcome. Spelling and grammar DO help a lot. I recommend downloading Mozilla Firefox; it has built-in spell check.
There is a stick of questions. Fill those out if you'd like, or tell us more about yourself.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:59 AM   #12
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0URtNEY
dude. shut UP. ill type however i wanna type. get over it, u have no life u go around finding spelling mistakes for ppl u dont even know. i dont just not like YOU. but i hate u alredy.
:]
so fuck off
also, i said im not used to this site yet, so i didnt even SEE a helping thing.
While I will not put you down for the way you type. I would advise you spell and use proper grammar if you want to have people take you more seriously. Here at gnet we value educated minds, as well as those who put their education to good use.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #13
Mirei Raven

I'm just amazed at how defensive she's getting over minor criticism.
As a new member, it only seems wise to listen to what the older members have to say, seeing as how they know the ropes.
Mirei Raven is offline   Reply With Quote