Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
Nephele

Hi, from the wandering anagrammatist

It's been almost three years since I was last here (been spending time on other boards like Necrotic Obsession and Darkforums). Made a few friends last time I was here, but I don't know if they're still around.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask TPTB in advance if it would be okay to start up a gothic name anagramming thread? Anagramming dark names for people is my sort of Internet performance art, and I do it on a lot of message boards. I do it for free and to amuse myself, and hopefully provide entertainment for others.

About me... I'm female, an obsessive anagrammatist (obviously), and my favorite band is East Village Opera Company.

-- Nephele
Nephele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
Duane

*Super-Goth flies in, holding a sheet a paper of the introduction template on it* Remember children, use the template when introducing yourselves here on G.Net. UP, UP, AND SWAY*Super-Goth flies off*

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

2. Where are you from?

3. Who is your favorite author?

4. What are your favorite films?

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

6. At your funeral?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

8. What kind of casket would you want?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

11. What's your favorite band?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

13. Why did you join?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Welcome to G.Net.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
Nephele

Oh, de la lune...
= Hello, Duane.

-- Nephele
Old 03-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
Tea and Cake or Death

I just want to say that I'm in love with Super Goth.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
Nephele

I'm trying to post in the General forum and I keep getting this message:

"You are still a new member and Post contains one or more URLs, please remove them before submitting your message again. Established members can post links. We look forward to your participation."

But I don't have a URL in my posting. *scratches head in perplexion*

-- Nephele
Old 03-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
Apathy's_Child

I got that too, my intro was in like 4 installments. I wouldn't worry about it. The only answers I personally really care about are the ones about what bands and authors you're into....... but that's just me.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #7
Nephele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
I got that too, my intro was in like 4 installments. I wouldn't worry about it. The only answers I personally really care about are the ones about what bands and authors you're into....... but that's just me.
You mean the questionnaire? Yah, I don't do too well with questionnaires. lol. Like you, I just answer the questions that interest me, ignore the rest, and figure if anybody really cares to know more about me they'll get more out of reading my postings.

Since you're interested in authors, I've just finished reading Scott Westerfield's Uglies trilogy. It was outstanding.

Thanks for the greeting!

-- Nephele
Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
Bete Noire

What was your username when you were hear before? ( Wondering if I might remember you)

And welcome.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

Don't worry about the questions, your introduction was sufficient.

Some of us forget that the questions are designed for those who give no intro at all, or those who wish to use them.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
Nephele

I used to be "Nephele Carnal" but I couldn't sign back under that name as I'd forgotten my old password and the password retrieval didn't work. So now I'm just "Nephele."

Thanks for the greeting, Bete Noire. I think I remember you, but I don't remember if you were one of the folks who participated in my anagrammed goth names thread about three years ago. There was some drama going on at the time, so I just moved on and didn't bother coming back.

Underwater Ophelia, thanks for the greeting, too.

I'll try my posting in the General forum again, but it's weird that I keep getting that message about URLs. I don't have any URLs in the posting I'm trying to do.

-- Nephele
Old 03-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #11
Bete Noire

I think I remember you. I don't know that I participated in your thread though. I shall do so this time around though. And there's always drama on this forum. although nothing quite like what made you leave.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #12
Nephele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
I think I remember you. I don't know that I participated in your thread though. I shall do so this time around though. And there's always drama on this forum. although nothing quite like what made you leave.
Thanks for remembering me. I shall craft you an especially dark name, if I can ever get my topic started. I've even tried registering again, in case there was something wrong with this account, but nothing works. I keep getting that error message about URLs in my posting everytime I try to post a topic in the General forum -- and I don't have any URLs in my post.

I may have to just give it up. Hahaha -- last time it was drama that drove me away, this time it's a glitch in the board. I have no luck with this site.

-- Nephele
Old 03-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #13
tickingstitch

I think I remember you too... Welcome back to the gnet...

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #14
Nephele

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickingstitch
I think I remember you too... Welcome back to the gnet...

Thanks! But, the fact that I can't post because of that URL error message is driving me nuts! Is there a Mod or Administrator I can PM about this problem?

-- Nephele
Old 03-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #15
Nephele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephele
Thanks! But, the fact that I can't post because of that URL error message is driving me nuts! Is there a Mod or Administrator I can PM about this problem?

-- Nephele
Never mind. I got it to work! I've posted "Names from the Dark Side" over in the General forum.

-- Nephele