Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
Man In Room 5

JSTOR research help?

Is there anyone out there who has access to any of JSTORs Arts & Sciences collections and is willing to Email me articles now and then? I'm a free lance writer working on a book that requires a lot of literary research and JSTOR is notorious for refusing membership to non-scholars. If you're not an employee or student of a college or university, and your local library doesn't have access then you're just SOL. If you're a free lance writer like me they don't even want to know you.

I'm not yet sure how many articles I will need but anyone with access to their entire Arts & Sciences collection would be a great help. I'll try not to overburden you with a list of requests. All you have to do is download them as PDF and Email them to me. So, someone with a good high speed connection would be best.

I'm not sure what I can offer in return. I certainly can't afford to pay anyone and I suspect there's someone who will do it for free. I'd be willing to proofread/critique your writing in return if anyone wants help along those lines. (Although, I warn you that I'm a harsh critic since that's the quickest route to good writing, and I can't really judge poetry since it is so subjective.)

I made this same request on WritingForums.com but I thought I'd ask here too since most of my research is going to be into Gothic and Romantic era literature.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Alas, I can only get to JSTOR when I'm on campus, and since campus is currently 2 hours away for me...

Same with ARTSTOR. They're frikkin awesome... *wishes for ARTSTOR subscription*

Sorry I can't be of help... I might be able to do something for you in September, but I don't know if I have access to the whole thing anyway. I know I have access to art history...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Eclipsing the Son

Sup? I got internet again.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
stolide

I can get on. I just checked. Just give me your email address and tell me what you are looking for.

I don't really have any writing to speak of. So I guess I'm just doing this out of the kindness of my heart. :P Perhaps I'll learn something.
stolide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #5
Man In Room 5

Thanks Stolide for blowing the dust off this thread, but I'm not sure I need the help anymore. Because I couldn't get those articles I rewrote my plan for the project I was doing. I'm trying to write it now without using any JSTOR material. However, I'm having some problems finding what I need so I might want a few things after the holidays if you're still willing. If I come up with a list of articles I'll let you know.

I'm not sure what I can do for you in return, but if you think of something I'll see what I can do. You can Email me at maninroom5 @ yahoo. com if you like.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote