Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
VXTip

knee boots girls styles

Im a guy and i love boots and heels and own boots ranging from combat to stilettos but what i cannot for the life of me is find a pair of knee high boots that have a normal wide chunky heel, like im picturing a combat boot style sole but with a 2-3in. heel. Ive seen them, i know they exist, somewhere out there on some prostitutes and goth chicks in movies, but i cannot find anything close for the life of me
The girls boots are either stilettos or heels marked as "chunky" but im sorry a 1inch diameter heel is not chunky, and there all 4in. and up and uncomfortable to walk in for more than a couple hours, and the guys boots are are either flat clunky combat boots, or platforms with very little or no arch, seriously what happened to this iconic style of boot, is it asking too much for someone to make a boot that you can walk in all day while still having sex appeal, ive searched all the internet and come up empty, has anyone ideas, websites, or stores?
VXTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
Tam Li Hua

Try DimOut Shoes. They have just about any shoe you can imagine.

I just have a regular pair of black fashion boots from the local shoe store, and they are -very- comfortable. ^_^

Out of curiosity, what kind of job do you have?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
VXTip

dimouts got the same selection as like every other site, there all made by pleaser, and it seems like thats the only manufacturer. i own the 3 3/4" D-Ring Chain Knee High Boot, and thats about the closest i can find to what im looking for, and the gothika 200, and they're still 2 sizes too small, the pain. The 3 1/2" Gothic Platform Boots, Platoon-202, are the style im looking for but there not knee high, and only go up to size 11 womens, which is lame

i wish i could just go to the store and buy a pair of boots, oh my jealousy of women, i work on my college campus at a do-nothing job so i wear what i want, but when i get a real job next year uhh...
Old 02-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Tam Li Hua

Well, if you have a job where you have to walk around all day, I don't think you want much of a heel in the first place, quite honestly.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
VXTip

well no, but a wide heel with a little platform wouldnt be bad, i just want a pair of boots for walking to class and stuff that are less ridiculous than 4-5 inch heels, but not flat either, i cant find a reasonable in between
Old 02-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
Tam Li Hua

Men's Goth boots with 3 1/2 inch heel.

I think that if you have any less of a heel than this, then they might as well be flat, which honestly might be better for your feet if you're walking a lot.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
alyroi360

hmm... How about platform shoes?
alyroi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
VXTip

i think im gonna buy some platforms soon, the pictures dont really do them justice, they look cooler in person
Old 02-21-2009, 03:24 AM   #9
girasol

If I am thinking of the right type of boot... Mine are by red pepper...
I also have a pair of lace up chunky heeled knee high boots from betts... But you are not in Australia so that would be useless to you.
The heel also fucked up and wanted to leave the boot after a while...
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote