Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #151
KontanKarite

Seriously. To hell with those guys. Assholes.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #152
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Should've taken them to the deep roads along with Anders.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #153
Saya

He'd probably still be a dick to me because I made a choice for him, wa wa wa. Plus it'll make it interesting at the finale.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #154
Saya

So, Fenris is Wolverine. Anders is...Rorschach? A whiny, whiny Rorschach?

I get a big X-men/Watchmen vibe every time there's something that makes me think the Templars have a point. Its like, "Yes, but who watches the watchmen?"
Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #155
Saya

Argh, I officially have a problem.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #156
KontanKarite

OMG... mother... my god. MOTHER!!!!!!!!

Done by a mage. A MAGE!

SO TOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Where the fuck is the solidarity in the mages? Why did it have to be by the people I'm fighting for?! WHY?!?!

I actually teared up to this scene. TEARED UP!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #157
Saya

How the fuck are you ahead of me?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #158
KontanKarite

My god... I'm.... I don't know who to trust anymore.

I was wrong to view the mages as a nation of people. They're not.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #159
KontanKarite

Holy shit, this game is amazing.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #160
Saya

See, you would have known this if you played the first game.

Except the Mage's Collective seemed to be on the ball, but Kirkwall is very anti communist.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #161
KontanKarite

I've gotta keep my head in the game. There's a whole bunch of people depending on me and I can't let those Templar fucks get away with what they're doing to people.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #162
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
See, you would have known this if you played the first game.
Kontan was all:

"Oh NO! plus one rings and text and TALKING TO PEOPLE. I don't give a shit about this game!"

But let him tap "A" a bunch of times, instead of just once to attack and suddenly he's all: "I LOVE THIS GAME!"

Jackass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #163
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Kontan was all:

"Oh NO! plus one rings and text and TALKING TO PEOPLE. I don't give a shit about this game!"

But let him tap "A" a bunch of times, instead of just once to attack and suddenly he's all: "I LOVE THIS GAME!"

Jackass...
Lolz, what a n00b.

I liked it better on PC though so I had all my spells on the number keys. I hate being restricted to six on the quick selection.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #164
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Kontan was all:

Jackass...
Awww. U mad.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #165
Saya

So, something irks me about the romances.

Its here where "Hawke doesn't say what is selected" that gets on my nerves, some of the things she says makes me want to slap a bitch. The delivery is awful on the Hawke end which is worse in contrast with the amazing VA of the companions. And I find that with Fenris, Isabela, and Anders its a two way conversation, friendship or rival, but with Merrill she's talking down to her and being patronizing, I think. I think the male Hawke has the exact same lines. With rivalmance it seems a bit better because she's standing her ground with the mirror and blood magic, but that does mean to be a dick and act like I know better than her in the first place. I love Merrill's character and storyline, and I had to reload and not start the romance because it just ruined it for me.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #166
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I love Merrill character wise and the fact she uses that kind of magic just makes her infinitely more awesome. I want to have her in my party as much as possible but it is a shame she doesn't ever get access to the Creation tree thus I must also have Anders with me and then plus MageHawke means I have what would have been the Holy Trinity in DA:O but is now just a bit squishy... well except for Merrill, since you don't have to put any points into Willpower for her and can just go Magic to 32-36 then the rest into Constitution to fuel her spells she becomes meatier than some of the warriors.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #167
Saya

Shit, she doesn't need willpower? O.O I just automatically do it, I never thought to check what her stuff requires.

Gaaaah I'm tempted to do the romance again, she's got no one They're pulling my heartstrings.

Spoiler:
I think the voice actor for Hawke failed at her mother's death too. Compared to Merrill losing her friend, I thought it was more bizarre than sad. I felt worse for the uncle than for Hawke.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #168
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I haven't gotten to that bit yet but I already know about it xD

Correct, Willpower contributes towards mana and the ability to equip mage gear, Magic increases spellpower and the ability to equip mage gear, Constitution increases health and the ability to equip Warrior gear.

Merrill like other companions has her preset armor and the upgrades, thus she doesn't need willpower to fulfill those requirements, she does need magic to equip better staves though. She uses blood magic which is something like 1 health for 2 mana at its basic level, however with the right talents learned and equipment she can change that to like 1 health for 5-7 mana, and if she only needs 32-36 magic for the best staves then the rest can go into Constitution so she can cast more stuff with blood magic and will naturally have a lot of health.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #169
Saya

Derp derp derp.

Health hasn't been too much of an issue thus far but I didn't even think about it. Oh well, now I know.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #170
Saya

Okay, I realized the real reason I couldn't take that scene seriously. It reminded me of House Of The Dead: Overkill.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #171
Sir Canvas Corpsey

hahahaha, I only learned about all that when I was skimming for effective way for a Mage Hawke to be a Blood Mage, in fact, due to lack of need to have willpower Merill can be a better Blood Mage than a Hawke specc'd into Blood Mage.

My god, Carver, shut up you whiny fuck, grow a fucking pair and get over yourself! He's like Alistair but Alistair had redeeming features and a useful Specialization.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #172
Saya

I went the way of Spirit Healer so I didn't need Anders all the time. I like having him around but I like to mix the party up a lot.

Anders suffers from the Alistair romance problems, laying it on waaaaaay too thick.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #173
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Oh deeear, cheesy romance is cheesy but then... I don't like Zevran styled romances either...

I'm probably going Blood Mage, with Spirit Healer, using the Blood Mage abilities to heal myself, using Heal from Creation to heal allies and Spirit Healer is just there for its kickass passive.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #174
Saya

I loved Zevran's romance. Not cheesy, not laid on thick, and it was pretty touching in the end. I did Alistair's just for the achievement and I thought my eyes would roll out of my skull. I'm not a romantic person.

Fenris's is okay, but he loves you and leaves you until act three. Whore.

Merrill says "I love you" right away but its so cute the way she says it. Then Hawke ruins it.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #175
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I don't know why I didn't like Zevran's, people keep telling me I'm just like him.... must be hatred of one's own kind.

Fenris' anti-mage sentiments are pretty heavy though, and while he was hurt very badly in his past and thus I should sympathize and understand, I can't because it seriously clouds his judgement sometimes and sometimes I wonder if he really disagrees with something or just has to because it's pro-mage. It's very much like some of Morrigan disapproves situations, she doesn't actually personally disapprove but she's the 'insert type' character and thus, has to.