Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:17 AM   #26
Opteron_Man

I bought two new hats just a few days ago.
I also got some armwarmers.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0402.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0397.jpg
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:49 AM   #27
Mealla

The outfit you posted looked ok, and contrary to what everyone else says, I like the long hair, but I am in complete agreement that you should ditch the lipstick. Lipstick, especially in that shade, makes you look like a cross between Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror and Michael Jackson. Not huge on the hat, but I don't care much for hats. I like the arm warmers (then again I love hand/arm accessories), but they would probably look better with a different outfit. I'm not exactly a fashionista though, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 AM   #28
Man In Room 5

Mealla read my mind. I was thinking of Frankenfurter and Michael Jackson too. Red lipstick just makes your lips look too full. You might try another color. Maybe something pale or very light greyish, something that looks just very slightly unnatural, like the whole undead look. Someone said you look a little like Dave Vanian and I agree, so maybe you should try that look. Just don't take it too far because that is what Manson did and you'll end up looking like him.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #29
Serren

I really liked the very first photos, I think the boots looked cool with the trousers.

I agree with the others about the lip stick, if you did wear any at all I'd go for something with a darker purple tint to it.

I also need to replace a lot of my wardrobe I think as I've lost a lot of weight, and everything is too big. I don't know whether to go for a different look when I do... I think I'll have to change a bit because my body shape has changed.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #31
PortraitOfSanity

Keep the jacket open. It looks like a retarded cowboy shirt when it's zipped up.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #32
Opteron_Man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Keep the jacket open. It looks like a retarded cowboy shirt when it's zipped up.
Okay, I will keep it open then. Thanks mate!
Do you have any suggestions?
Old 03-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #33
Catch

The white shirt is great. The rolled up pants aren’t too good. Get boot leg pants that can go over the boots or neatly tucked into the boot by folding the over on the inseam. Also, if going for a more professional look, make sure that when wearing a blazer, the sleeve cuffs are about an inch longer than sleeves on the blazer.

By-the-way, the outfits are all about the same. I like black pants better, but mixing it up with a couple pairs of faded black pants might be a good idea.

You are a nice looking guy. Didn’t like the lipstick and get a black sport shirt or t-shirt if planning on leaving your shirts untucked.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #34
Becca_Lugosi

First off, your pictures are quite handsome.

...and I rather liked the lipstick. Maybe a deeper red?

~B.L.
Becca_Lugosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #35
Pyre

Maybe you should just grow out facial hair since it's begging to be grown. You constantly have a shadow. I think a goatee would be very suiting on you (but I also advocate facial hair on most guys). The hair length wouldn't be a problem if your hair were thinner, but it seems so fried and thick, which makes it less appealing.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #36
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Maybe you should just grow out facial hair since it's begging to be grown. You constantly have a shadow. I think a goatee would be very suiting on you (but I also advocate facial hair on most guys). The hair length wouldn't be a problem if your hair were thinner, but it seems so fried and thick, which makes it less appealing.
Hahaha! I am currently using some pretty cheap razers, so I can't really get a real close shave. My hair is so thick, had a strand that fell out in my fingers, and I was tugging on it and running it between my fingers, it felt like a piece of nylon thread or magnet wire!

But, I used to have a mustache. infact, I looked too much like my pop, and I don't like him. In 2007 I was so discusted at how allmost everybody in town dressed the same, I did something I knew they didn't have the balls to try.

I grew a toothbrush mustache like this bloke right here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph...7-_634924a.jpg

I obviouly don't have that mustache now, but the funny thing was, I got smilled at more, and I got faster service at resturaunts. Hehe!

Too bad, I never had my digital camera back then, I hadn't even bought it yet, come to think of it, that camera likely wasn't even in production yet. Hahaha!

I will take a photo of me and photoshop it so we all can have a laugh at my expence!

I think I will stick with a clean shaved face. I don't really like any hair on my face at all. I am thinking of knocking off my eyebrows.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #37
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
I will take a photo of me and photoshop it so we all can have a laugh at my expence!.
On second though I don't think that is a very good idea at all.
I did end up modifying that picture I took tonight and put on a mustache like Htler, but I am going to delete it from my computer, it is too disrepectfull to the people who lost their lives to the Third Reich.

The reason why I had that type of mustache back in 07, was because my normal full mustache was getting boring, I was planning to shave it off, but for a few days, to goof off, I wore it like Hitler.

I wish I didn't. I feel ashamed and guilty. It seemed goofy at the time, but now I wish I didn't do that.

No way.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #38
gothicusmaximus

Opteron Man, without any apparent intent to do so, has accomplished what my mother has struggled in vain to accomplish for years, and gradually developed a virtually unassailable argument as to why I should quit goth.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:48 AM   #39
Opteron_Man

Why is it that in like all the photos of Hitler there are, he allways seems to be in a really bad mood that day? I mean, LOOK at him!
What's his big problem!? Did his Ipod break over and over again!?
Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 AM   #40
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Opteron Man, without any apparent intent to do so, has accomplished what my mother has struggled in vain to accomplish for years, and gradually developed a virtually unassailable argument as to why I should quit goth.
*laughs* okay, see you mate! *waves*
Old 03-17-2009, 04:50 AM   #41
Pyre

Quote:
Even at the expense of Opteron, I had to chuckle a bit at this silently within myself.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 03-17-2009, 05:39 AM   #42
girasol

I think you should tie your hair back and if you wear faded bleached pants like that then perhaps you should wear a grayish or faded top to go with them but I like that shirt on its own
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:43 AM   #43
girasol

Also with cheap razors - without cutting yourself, just pull the skin taut and go over it again if hair remains. Eventually you should have no hair without being rough and irritating your face or cutting goosebumps

...not that faces get goosebumps really.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #44
Pyre

Quote:
I didn't have time to write more because I was rushing to get to an 8am class, but the idea of "quitting" goth amused me. It made me think of quitting an occupation or job.

"Sorry guys, but I am turning in my goth badge today. See ya around."

(For some reason the "ya + around" grated on my nerves. Fuck French.)

Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #45
Alatariel

I think you are handsome, and pull off the clothes well. I love the faded jeans...and I actually liked the lipstick...but maybe in a darker color...or in a grey like someone else mentioned.
Alatariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #46
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
I think you are handsome, and pull off the clothes well. I love the faded jeans...and I actually liked the lipstick...but maybe in a darker color...or in a grey like someone else mentioned.
Oh thank you! You are so kind! Well, I was just trying it. I am sure there are darker reds I could try. What I did was use retro red and mixed in some black eyeliner to give it a marbled dark red shade.

Who knows? matby I might try black. I allways wanted to. Or blue?
Black I like. But I haven't found any. *sigh*
Old 04-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #47
Shadows_Jukebox

I normally disagree with Catch, but here I have to agree with her words of advice. And I do love the trousers, Also your makeup is very becoming ^^
Shadows_Jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #48
Catch

Quote:
You're only cute and floppy to Goths, while everyone else thinks you're a total ass. . . is the reason you've decided to stop goth?

I want to see new pics, Opteron_Man.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #49
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
You're only cute and floppy to Goths, while everyone else thinks you're a total ass. . . is the reason you've decided to stop goth?

I want to see new pics, Opteron_Man.
Okay, here are some fresh ones.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0621.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0625.jpg
Old 04-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #50
Learing Cordelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you look almost identical to my friend's little brother.

Edit: Only he has blue eyes.
Learing Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote