Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Not new, but never introduced

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) - Photography, read, stargaze (no job)

2. Where are you from? - Somewhere I'd rather not mention

3. Who is your favorite author? - Too many to list

4. What are your favorite films? - Too many to list

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? - Er..

6. At your funeral? - (I'm gonna get bashed for this) anything by My Chemical Romance

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? - No idea, still thinking about it

8. What kind of casket would you want? - Hmm...

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? - Don't have one- my clothes suck ass

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? - Not having any cares or worries

11. What's your favorite band? - (Again, I'm gonna get bashed) My Chemical Romance

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? - Finished high school, off to college to do Photography, Philosophy, Astronomy, English, hopefully Palaeontology and maybe Egyptology and Interior Design...I think that's it...for now (Although I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something)

13. Why did you join? I was bored

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
~Angel_Of_Darkness~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
tekajo

Rather than simply sayng "too many to list" why don't you give us a kind of sampling?
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Angel_Of_Darkness~
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? - Finished high school, off to college to do Photography, Philosophy, Astronomy, English, hopefully Palaeontology and maybe Egyptology and Interior Design...I think that's it...for now (Although I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something)
O.O What kind of college offers majors in all those fields?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
ToToTrainWr3ck

You like MyChem

I like you.

HOWDEE ^-^
ToToTrainWr3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
Rather than simply sayng "too many to list" why don't you give us a kind of sampling?
'Cause I can't choose even a few to name. But I'll just say in short, I am obsessed with anything Tim Burton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
O.O What kind of college offers majors in all those fields?
Not many, so I'm gonna be transferring a lot. :-/
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToToTrainWr3ck
You like MyChem

I like you.

HOWDEE ^-^
Hello, fellow MCR fan.
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
Old 01-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
girasol

Quote:

Not many, so I'm gonna be transferring a lot. :-/

you could probably do a double degree - but perhaps not with all of those units...
maybe you could do a separate course in photography or one of the others you have listed - as an extra...

Arts degrees where people have taken a unit from this and a unit from that - don't look great on a resume when applying for jobs. If you are doing it just for kicks... then why not...
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
Saya

As far as I know there are few "Egyptology" undergrad programs, I'd be skeptical if there was anyway, usually its a grad program for those with archaeology degrees.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Quote:
Originally Posted by girasol
you could probably do a double degree - but perhaps not with all of those units...
maybe you could do a separate course in photography or one of the others you have listed - as an extra...

Arts degrees where people have taken a unit from this and a unit from that - don't look great on a resume when applying for jobs. If you are doing it just for kicks... then why not...
Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. I'll just have to see how it turns out.

I'm not doing it for kicks, I want a career in at least two of those things. Maybe three. :|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
As far as I know there are few "Egyptology" undergrad programs, I'd be skeptical if there was anyway, usually its a grad program for those with archaeology degrees.
I found ONE college with it as an undergrad program, I can't remember where...
Old 01-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
off to college to do Photography, Philosophy, Astronomy, English, hopefully Palaeontology and maybe Egyptology and Interior Design...I think that's it...for now
Do you even understand how the college system works?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #10
JCC

Quote:
11. What's your favorite band? - (Again, I'm gonna get bashed) My Chemical Romance
Quote:
'Cause I can't choose even a few to name. But I'll just say in short, I am obsessed with anything Tim Burton.
Fuck, you got a bad deal in life.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #11
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Do you even understand how the college system works?
Yes I do. I never said I want to do them all in one college or at one time. Those are the subjects I am interested in. I'm ambitious, so sue me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Fuck, you got a bad deal in life.
Just cos I don't like what you think is good? Uh huh. Don't care.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
JCC

Quote:
Just cos I don't like what you think is good?
Precisely. Maybe you've been brought up to believe that "you're a unique snowflake in a sea of other unique snowflakes and you all have your own intrinsic worth" stuff, but you'll soon come to acknowledge that any opinions that conflict with mine are wrong.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Yes I do. I never said I want to do them all in one college or at one time. Those are the subjects I am interested in. I'm ambitious, so sue me?
Doing all that will literally take you over twenty years just to have a mediocre understanding in them if what you really want is to pursue them as majors.
That's not ambition; that's ignorance.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #14
Necrophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Precisely. Maybe you've been brought up to believe that "you're a unique snowflake in a sea of other unique snowflakes and you all have your own intrinsic worth" stuff, but you'll soon come to acknowledge that any opinions that conflict with mine are wrong.
*rolls eyes*

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #15
Devil's Darling

Interior Design is quite interesting I actually wanted to do interior design until I saw that everybody wanted to try it...not 'cuz they liked it just 'cuz it's "cool" and of course i don't stand a chance to that kind of people who pay to get in.Money always wins over talent.
Devil's Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #16
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
No I haven't been raised to believe anything like that. I just don't give a shit.
Quote:
Doing all that will literally take you over twenty years just to have a mediocre understanding in them if what you really want is to pursue them as majors.
That's not ambition; that's ignorance.
I said I am interested in them. I never said I could do it all. And trust me, I don't need a mediocre understanding in any of those things. I'm already quite advanced.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #17
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Darling
Interior Design is quite interesting I actually wanted to do interior design until I saw that everybody wanted to try it...not 'cuz they liked it just 'cuz it's "cool" and of course i don't stand a chance to that kind of people who pay to get in.Money always wins over talent.
Oh, really? I didn't realise it was so popular. I just love to design rooms and houses. I'm told I have an eye for it. Antique style is my specialty.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #18
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I said I am interested in them. I never said I could do it all. And trust me, I don't need a mediocre understanding in any of those things. I'm already quite advanced.
IF you meant that I apologize, but that's still not how it reads.
You said you're going to college to do all of the above.
That's not going to happen.
And it doesn't matter how interested you are in them; your level of understanding can't compare to the one of someone that dedicates themselves specifically to each of those fields as a real scholar.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 01:32 AM   #19
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
And it doesn't matter how interested you are in them; your level of understanding can't compare to the one of someone that dedicates themselves specifically to each of those fields as a real scholar.
A jack of all trades, a master of none.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 AM   #20
Maxim_Macabre

Your taste in music is rather pathetic, especially considering your age.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:53 AM   #21
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Welcome to the boards. I hope that you enjoy your studies.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #22
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Quote:
I did not say I was going to do them all! How many times must I point that out? I am going to do the first four. I have already spoken to colleges about it.
Quote:
After that, I say 'HOPEFULLY'. It's just a whim, I assure you. I just also really love those subjects and hope to pursue them further. Is that so hard to understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim_Macabre
Your taste in music is rather pathetic, especially considering your age.
And I should care that you think that because why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
Welcome to the boards. I hope that you enjoy your studies.
Thank you.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

I really doubt you're going to major in all those four.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #24
bulletsinmyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Darling
Money always wins over talent.
I agree. What a lovely world we live in.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #25
DRM

MCR's not too bad.
But I must say, this intro didn't tell much about you at all.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote