Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #76
reachingupforair

Had surgery, several areas for several reason, but mostly to A. Even out a uneven shape i.e. blending a pear and apple B. Having children so young stopped my own development. What nature was going to give me was squashed, lol, literally by pregnancy hormones rather than growing um, average or normal. C. Matching my outside with my inside
Would I do it again....ummmmm my first surgery HELL NO....they show it on tv like it's a cake walk. I had a incredible amount of pain. My upper half "enhancement"? I would do again. I wish I had done it sooner.
reachingupforair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #77
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
This is a subject that drives me absolutely fucking nuts, because I fucking hate it when people say that don't like themselves the way they are!
This may be wishful thinking, but I wish people would be happy with the fact that they're alive, and breathing. But no, dammit! Nobody's fucking happy, and all people seem to do is complain, complain, complain about how "horrible" their bodies are.
I'm sick and tired of hearing comments like, "Ohmyfuckingawwwwwd, my butt is like sooooo huge! Like, my ass looks like two huge beach balls," or "Omyfuckingaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwdddd, like, my thighs are touching!!!!", or my absolute favorite, "Ohmyfuckinggaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwdddd, my boobs are so tiny they look like mosquito bites!"Who gives a fuck if your ass is big, or that you have a stomach, or if your thighs actually touch! Who gives a big stinky poo that your breasts are small!
I almost go into a blind rage hearing this bullshit!

I can understand plastic surgery being done on someone if they had a severe deformity that needed to be corrected.

But, I wish people would really take a look at the risks of plastic surgery. And I mean REALLY take a fucking look at how it can destroy the body.

I'm going to shut up now before my head blows up...
Thank you for your time.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #78
Freya

I wouldn`t say having plastic surgery is destroying your body, not in all cases. In the case of the what I call the plastic barbie doll type, boob job one week, liposuction the next etc..then yes.

But what if you have a medical problem that has caused an abnormality with your body?

One of my friends had breast implants put in, she is a B cup now, she didn`t want bazookas, she just wanted some breasts. She had next to nothing before the op. She was extemely depressed for a long time before deciding to have the surgery done. She has a medical condition which affected the growth of her breasts. She is now happy and confident, it has changed her life for the better. She never had the surgery because of what anyone else thought of her, she done it for herself.

Yes there are risks involved but what if the benefit to that person outways the risk? It`s a personal thing isn`t it, some people have the attitude that this is the way I am and I`m happy and don`t care what anyone else thinks and others well it just drags them down so much that they consider plastic surgery.

But with my piercings and tattoo, which are non benificial and have now scarred me for life who am I to judge really.

I would say to anyone before considering plastic surgery look at all the other options and just bear in mind that sometimes plastic surgery goes wrong. Make sure you do your research before deciding on who will do the surgery too. Even if it costs that little bit extra go to someone who has a good track record, has done the surgery you require many times before and has a list of happy customers!
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:30 PM   #79
sensuous0mar

I feel that after so much your body will only start to reject what foreign objects were placed in it...ie: chin implants, breast implants, pectoral implants, calf implants, butt implants (i watch my fair share of plastic surgery tv), and if you keep cutting into what you're given, you will form enough scar tissue to stop traffic! Not to mention your nose might fall off (Ala Michael Jackson).

Honestly, if I were to ever do any sort of body enhancement, I think it'd either be a breast reduction or lift because when God gives you knockers that could knock out Tyson, they're bound to sag....and at quite a young age too. Like xnguela said earlier, when I'm knocking them out of the way to tie my shoes it's time to make some adjustments. Now that doesn't mean that they have to stick straight out like torpedos at ready, I just don't want to be 30 with nipples in a constant conversation with my belly button.

I hardly knew what to do when at age twelve I already had deep grooves in my shoulders from my bra straps. Ive been dealing with giant jumblies since before I knew what to do with them and I think that once I reach a certain age I will be rightfully sick of them.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #80
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
If someone is getting plastic surgery for medical reasons, I can understand. There's even a little blurb in that paragraph of mine that says I'm all for it if it's for medical reasons.
If it's for vanity though, then I really don't see a reason for it. Read Sensuous0mar's post, it explains it all.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #81
move_along_kid

I have the same opinion as rockandrose.I'm only with it if it's for helping your body if it was in an accident of a sort.Someone in my town got her face bit by a police dog,although she knew the dog very well,and had to get plastic surgery to redo her facial structure.She still looks the same,except for a scar,and the dog was put to sleep.
move_along_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #82
MonsterMomma

As soon as The Beast's best-friend buys the house next door The Beast is buying me boobies and lipo.

Pregnancy is hell on a body, and I want mine back. I can diet and exercise the belly fat away, but the saddlebags on my thighs just don't budge no matter what I do.

The boobies are for...FUN!!! Yup. A nice titty-fuck for the hubby, which I can't do now because the suckers are so small I can't get them close enough together.

I'm waiting for cohesive silicone to be approved, so the neighbor has a year or two to get it together and buy the house.

I've got my surgeon picked, I've done my research on him and his reputation, which is sterling, I've got my size, and my placement all picked...Now it's just a waiting game.
MonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #83
Tall One In Black

If a woman has a mastectomy, is plastic surgery warranted to replace her breast? I think most people would agree it is.

Well, what about a woman who never grew breasts? Is plastic surgery warranted to give her what nature's genetic fluke robbed her of?

Which is worse? Having your breast removed or never having breasts at all?

To say that it's okay to replace a removed breast but not okay to give a breastless woman breasts is a ridiculous double standard.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #84
rockandrose

Penis enlargement 'waste of time'

Thanks to the incessant spam, it's become the most hyped of all operations but researchers said that most men who have had penis enlargement surgery are not satisfied with the results.

"For patients with psychological concern about the size of the penis - particularly if it is normal size - there is little point in offering them surgery because it makes no difference," said Nim Christopher, a urologist at St Peter's Andrology Centre in London.

Dr Christopher and his colleagues, who questioned 42 men who had the surgery, found the dissatisfaction rate was very high. Often the men requested another surgical procedure.

"The average increase in length is 1.3 cm which isn't very much and the dissatisfaction rate was in excess of 70 per cent," said Christopher.

He added that spam e-mails advertising penis enlargement surgery were inaccurate and gave men unrealistic expectations.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...E29677,00.html
Old 02-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #85
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon Méchant De Sang
This is a subject that drives me absolutely fucking nuts, because I fucking hate it when people say that don't like themselves the way they are!
This may sound overly offensive, but... you should really get off that high horse before you fall and break your neck.

Not everyone is blessed with an abundance of self-esteem. Until you have been born with birth defects and gone through years of teasing at school, you shouldn't be so critical of people who don't like themselves.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #86
Lady Ruthven

I don't see why there's so much fuss about plastic surgery. If you don't like something about yourself, you should be free to change it however you can.

I had surgery last year to remove a scar on my cheek from a fencing accident. It was in no way medically necessary, but I'm so glad I had it done. Now you can barely see there was ever anything there.

I know there are risks involved and a lot of surgery doesn't go as well as mine did, but isn't it better at least to try and fix something than to live with disliking it forever?
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote