Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
CountVonCount

I died for beauty, but was scarce, adjusted in the tomb

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm a bus boy. Other than that, I draw.

2. Where are you from?
Seattle ..the Emerald City without those green glasses, just broken glass and drab cement with down and out folk on every corner.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Poppy Z. Brite

4. What are your favorite films?
Disney's Little Mermaid, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Big Top Pee Wee, Secretary, Mannequin, The Cell, Addam's Family 1&2, Edward Scissorhands, The Craft, The Witches Of Eastwick, The Chipmunk Adventure, True Romance, NBC(I'd give anything to live in Halloween Town...endless orange skies with diamond be-cpeckled veleteen midnights? Year round pumpkin patches?? Cobblestone??!?)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
The first two songs will be Last Day On Earth by Manson followed by Kiss The Girl from Disney's Little Mermaid

6. At your funeral?
Live orchestra and a selection of singers playing songs like Gloomy Sunday, Strange Fruit, and a handful of other gloom and doom tunes.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I hope to be unearthly old, most likely half synthetic depending on the technology, and either a)drive myself into the Bermuda Triangle atop a gallant ship; b)be eaten alive by Vultures raised from hatch lings by my own hand or c)on a bed of rose petals, smothered alive by doves...while my spouse and children watch.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
First off I'd need a crypt, every inch covered in sculpted beast and beauties..mermaids, demons, grim reapers and mythic looking men and maidens bukk nekkid; the casket would be propped against the back wall so all could see from a singular window in the front (the iron framing would have to be just as extravagant..sculpted ivy and serpents entwined) Glass on all sides but dipped half way up in gold...some collection of poems and a personal message inscribed...while my skeleton alone, cast in silver with even more poetic babble inscribed, lay against a cushion of lavender silk and baby blue chiffon piping. Add black velvet curtains, candelabras with hot pink oil lamps, blackened rose petals over a crimson carpet and put the whole thing a top a 20 foot tower in the middle of a tiny lake and you've got yourself a spot! In short, a tomb that would have Bram Stoker doing summer salts in his grave for the rest of eternity.
9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Count Von Count's cape with a 10ft black velvet train lined with red silk; giant ruffle(Edwardian?) collar; fit black button up shirt with those fun white lace cuffs of the french court and Shakespearean times...google had little help in naming these or that collar; black velvet pants and knee high ballet boots, the heels being made of silver..chunky heels 'cuz I'm no ballerina..add some silver tipped straps and such for aesthetics. All designed by Alexander McQueen.
I hate everything I own except my 2ft 3 tiered wallet chain..throw that on the above pile.
10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Ignorance of life. Everything simply was; it wasn't even what you made it, it just was just there. Learning the few things there are to know and then learning that EV.RY.THING. about life is pretty much either a good guess or wishful thinking...whoa, kinda sucks, especially seeing the hot mess we've made of it.
My fondest memories as a kid come from Halloween tho..staying up as late as possible to get decked out in whatever skin I wanted and get candy for it?! Not to mention the smell walking down costume aisles of any store with the over powering smell of plastic Halloween masks..ah~<3
11. What's your favorite band?
The Knife/Fever Ray but I listen to anything that catches my ear. My playlist could easily be compared to that of a 13yr old barbie girl at times.
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Graduated high school in '08, been taking a year off. I'm taking some art classes this summer to get me back in the swing of things before perusing a graphic design degree. Who knows after that, there are so many pies I want to stick my finger in.
13. Why did you join?
While loving the culture and life of being goth, it's not the easiest to get to know other goths let alone approach them. Not to mention our scene's completely underground thanks to Emo and Scene. I'm betting on a resurgence around 2010/12 tho. I feel it will have the power of the scene in the 80s/90s but capture the glam of the 20s, the dessolation of the 70s but embody the personality of 1800s literature (everyone was practically goth by default..who wasn't stuck in a shitty situation?)
14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male who grew up with major womb envy but learned to cope..ha. Don't care to say this team or that, I don't play any games but my own.

Um...I'm a romanticist who grew up on fairy tales, fables, myths and legends and love any other kinds of abstractions that show just how primal humans will always be. I hate the deceptive simplicity of this age, how technology is used for convenience more than concept and class has virtually evaporated out of every soul. I crave extravagance but that's probably because of the fairy tales. I'm extremely shy in person as I have yet to figure how to move in the world without it having to move me. I want to live the life of a Disney villain but I would rather cut out tongues and devour souls than grant petty wishes for petty fools, but I'll always lend my neighbor a cup of sugar as long as they say please and thank you. Some key role models in the shaping of who I am and still aspire to be: Ariel, Pee Wee Herman, Bettie Page, Marilyn Monroe, Poison Ivy, Captain Planet and Edgar Allen Poe(more his words than his being a wino)
Oh! And the three fates- suave and seductive Bela Legousi's Dracula, Monster that is man Nosferatu, and happy-go-lucky-child dressed in black Count Von Count
CountVonCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
CountVonCount

Could someone please tell me how to add a signature, I've looked thru out the User Control Panel but there is no 'Edit Signature' anywhere.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
You can't add a sig untill a certain number of posts if I remember right.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I was okay with you until you said 'thru'
Old 06-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #5
Lolly PopMuzik

And it's here I give up on the E.A. Poe routine. On the fence with you considering that and you stealing my idea of a proper wake.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:10 AM   #6
zerademark

Quote:
Count Von Count's cape with a 10ft black velvet train lined with red silk; giant ruffle(Edwardian?) collar; fit black button up shirt with those fun white lace cuffs of the french court and Shakespearean times...google had little help in naming these or that collar; black velvet pants and knee high ballet boots, the heels being made of silver..chunky heels 'cuz I'm no ballerina..add some silver tipped straps and such for aesthetics. All designed by Alexander McQueen.
I hate everything I own except my 2ft 3 tiered wallet chain..throw that on the above pile.
Please tell me that thats a joke.....
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #7
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
I was okay with you until you said 'thru'
Oh, come on! One typo in a post after a long and interesting intro?

Hello, new person. Welcome.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #8
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I like you Count, despite your misspelling Edgar Allan Poe.

Welcome.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
Aaroneet

Welcome, Count.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
korinna5555

Welcome! I love PZB, too. But Beauty and the Beast > Little Mermaid. :P
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #11
CountVonCount

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerademark View Post
Please tell me that thats a joke.....
Well I would have asked Louis Vitton but they're so passe, and Vera Wang was simply too busy with her spring collection to even sit down for lunch...

Obviously I wouldn't be running around, going to the grocery store in a get up like that. The only time I'd ever wear it would be when lounging in a Romanian castle when feeling especially eloquent. If it wasn't for the total aversion to defining 'what type of goth' you are I would have mentioned I'm a total Glampire; I live for extravagance and decadence and have fantasies of borderline campy exaggerations of wealth, comfort and luxury. But you're right, a giant ruffle collar does seem like a bit of a joke. Take it down to a normal 3 inches and you're good to go.
As for the heels, I once had a dream I was running through the hills of West Seattle at twilight wearing nothing but black lacquer ballet heels and about 30 feet of rose petal pink chiffon. The only sounds I could hear were the soft morning rain and my heels as they so quaintly kept a perfect clack rhythm. Not to mention HIM from the Powerpuff Girls is utterly a man after my own heart. I like a bit of gender bending; if pulled off right it adds a giddy, sickly sweet sort of bizarre that, while not always frightening on it's own, is still creepy which ties in with my admiration for Disney Villains. Hopefully, if dreams come true, I'll be able to be the creator of such a character for the corrupted corporation itself (while Disney has a shit ton of well hid indecencies from past productions, everyone knows that name can sell anything and one check on my list is to have some sort of spot in their book, for credit sake. If you do right with Disney your future contracts re write themselves, and once you've done your 15 minutes in family entertainment you get all the publicity you need to fly free and wreak havoc on the same minds that you have to thank for said freedom).

As for Edgar Allan Poe(I learn, too!) I haven't even read half of his works and of what I have I only like a good handful, but what I like I love. The Raven gets old after the second reading but Annabel Lee? Alone? The Sleeper? Ulalume?!? Ulalume is my favorite with such lines as
Out of which a miraculous crescent
Arose with a duplicate horn-
Astarte's bediamonded crescent
Distinct with its duplicate horn.
and
But Psyche, uplifting her finger,
Said- "Sadly this star I mistrust-
Her pallor I strangely mistrust:-
Oh, hasten!- oh, let us not linger!
Oh, fly!- let us fly!- for we must."
In terror she spoke, letting sink her
Wings until they trailed in the dust-
In agony sobbed, letting sink her
Plumes till they trailed in the dust-
Till they sorrowfully trailed in the dust.

I have read through the forums enough to know that this isn't a tea party, it's preferred for members to bite than bitch, and members are only regarded as what they contribute to the forums; so I will adhere.
Thank you for the welcomes, I hope to get better acquainted with the boards and contribute what I can.

Did you know you can find the distance from the Earth to the Moon with Poe's 'Eldorado'? My physics teacher showed us how, I doubt Is till have that paper though. He was a really smart guy and loved to solve problems. Among the equations used were the age of a young man, about 20(starting the quest), and how much work he could endure an hour = how much per day = how many days in a year = how many years until 'as his strength,
Failed him at length' he got old which the average life expectancy was like 70 or something. Add the height of mountains, how far the horse could take him a day, over the length of years he lived searching, and the distance around the earth he traveled (somehow calculated by all that and the clues about shadows). It was actually incredibly intriguing because he used nothing but the 4 stanza poem itself and found the distance within a couple miles give or take. I'm sure the way I described it's deciphering makes little to no sense, so, ignore that thought until I find that paper.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
Magpie_Tendencies

I like you.
:thumbsup:
Old 07-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #13
TokioHotelrox

Location: My magical Bed where I can sleep all day with absolutely no one around
You're pretty awesome.
TokioHotelrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #14
Humbled

I like you.

No Tea party??? I thought they were going to serve scones at noon.
Humbled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #15
Lord Whiskerton

Welcome my good man! I see that you yearn for the days of your youth. As do I. Shall we go on an epic pursuit to locate the fountain of youth yes?
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote