Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Asti

Asti it is

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I worked at a theatre as an assistant director for a while and now I’m waiting for admission to University. I'm generally interested in any kind of art (painting and drawing, music, theater, literature...)

2. Where are you from?
Germany.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Oscar Wilde, I’d say. I love Pratchett and all, but Wilde is the one and only master of sarcasm.

4. What are your favorite films?
Fight Club, Lord of the Rings, Some Like It Hot…

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Wedding? Why would I bind myself to another person, thus limiting the possibility to live my life according to my plans? It would take THE perfect man for me to say yes to marriage, but human beings just aren’t perfect.

6. At your funeral?
Something cheerful. I wouldn’t want all those dear to me to get even sadder than they are just because of me.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Never. But as I’m aware of living in a world with some invincible biological and physical laws, I want my death to be quick and painless.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Oh, none. Just bury me in the woods under some really big oak-tree. Yeah, I’d like that…

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Seriously? Black sweatpants and anything without sleeves. If you’re asking, what outfit I like to go out with: Skirt, ragged tights, platforms and something made of leather with lots of buckles to it.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Not having ALL the possibilities for the future.

11. What's your favorite band?
Don’t have one, really. I like Noisuf-X, Xotox, Combichrist, Feindflug and any kind of Harsh EBM and Industrial, but I also enjoy ASP, Samsas Traum, Letzte Instanz and the like.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I do have an American High School Diploma. I also have the German… well… equivalent would be an understatement, seeing as we have 13 years of school an all. My majors will hopefully be German and Media Science.

13. Why did you join?
Well, in summer, I don’t leave the house without putting on SPF 50 sunscreen first, so most people would call me a goth and I’m looking for international contacts and some interesting people to have conversations with.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
It’s a girl! Champagne all around!
Asti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Miss Cogs

Welcome.
Your outfits sounds like I would like it.
Ragged tights ftw!
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:39 AM   #3
Asti

Thanks! Yeah, a lot of people like it that way. You really have to get creative to not look just like everybody else.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
Pricey

Hey Asti,

You made my Intro sound like a childrens book lol

Nice to meet ya and hopefully we'll chat soon,

Pricey
Pricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
Raptor

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay.

EBM fan... you wouldn't be going to the Amphi festival in Köln would you?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #6
Aaroneet

Welcome to Gnet.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:03 AM   #7
Asti

Thanks everybody. ^^

@Pricey: Yeah, I'd be glad to chat. Anyway, sometimes I just feel too old for my age

@Raptor: I'd love to, but I'm running a little low on money right now -_-" I still have to wait for that &$@/%(*censored*) admission and I'll have to move and all that, it's such a pain. Can I conduct from your question that you're going?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 AM   #8
Raptor

Aww thats a shame. Good luck with university!

Yup I am indeed going, I've never been to a festival before. I don't know if tickets are sold out, but if they are, and you find money to go then we have three spare tickets at the moment lol. Three people dropped out because they couldn't afford the travel and accomodation anymore.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #9
Asti

Well, if fate is on my side, I'll move to Bochum, which is not all that far from Köln, so at least I won't have big travel expenses, but festivals have the ability to drain every last bit of money from you, that's just my observation -_- ... I've never been to a real "goth" festival, but I was at the Summerbreeze Festival a couple of times, where mostly metal is played. But it was really great each time. Festivals rock! ^^
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #10
Raptor

Ah ok. I've not been to any kind of music festival before, I'm hoping not to spend too much really. Just food and drinks. To be honest even with the ticket price, plane flights, and a hotel, this is about the same cost as just a ticket for something like the Reading Festival here...

And it has better music
Old 07-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #11
Asti

^^ Well, that doesn't sound too bad. If I wouldn't have to move and save my money for tuitions, I'd definitely go. I bet the twin-gods will be there... Everybody knows the twin-gods o.O aaaah, I'd definitely love to go to the Amphi... ._.