Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #101
MitsyMayhem

I love Harley.
But I'm a big Angelina and Catwoman fan.
Seeing her as Catwoman would make my year.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #102
peacebear5028

Harley would be fabulous to have as well.
Problem is the back story with the joker, I could see a whole vengeance on batman scenario, but having Harley around without the joker would be interesting to see. But that just me in my stance on not bringing the joker back since Heath is no longer with us. I think I would begin to sob like a child if I saw another actor playing the part.
peacebear5028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #103
Saya

I just don't think Harley would be as great without the Joker. She's so endearing because of her devotion to Mr.J and she brings out the human side in him. When she's not being battered around by him, I mean.

Even when she's with Poison Ivy she's really just struggling with the idea of being independent of him.

Or maybe I need to read the Harley Quinn comics ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #104
onyxprop

Thumbs down

Quote:
I think if anyone plays the Joker again they risk being accused of either ruining the Joker, if they try to do the Joker differently, or trying to copy Ledger too much.
Then let the next actor ACT out the joker the way the dead Ledger did! It would be better then risk disapointing all of you!

Angelina as Catwoman? I'm for it.

Poison Ivy is a whore, and a USELESS character.

Harelquin is a retard. No wonder joker disliked her.

If all they should bring back the penguin. He looks very goth. If all, they will bring back Harvy Dent and that will be it. Enough said.

now fuck off.
onyxprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #105
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxprop
If she's a retard then your brain is just a lump of carbon. She was a doctor who fell, quite literaly, madly in love with the Joker, and everything that he was. The Joker didn't like her because he was already, again literaly, madly in love with his work.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #106
peacebear5028

Quote:
If all they should bring back the penguin.
Well I can second that.^
But Harley is no retard.

Besides the joker does have feelings towards her. And he has to deal with the alien concept of it.
There relationship is complex and quite interesting.
peacebear5028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #107
Godslayer Jillian

Penguin and Poison Ivy.
The Penguin because it's obvious.
And Poison Ivy because of the popularity of environmentalism paradoxically combined with the growing Green Scare.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 AM   #108
gothicusmaximus

Quote:

If all they should bring back the penguin. He looks very goth.
Quack, quack, quack!
Actually, I now that I think on it, I have seen goths dressed like that.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:58 PM   #109
demembers

i feel like i've failed my parents by having not seen this movie yet, I'm probably in the minority of those who haven't seen it.
demembers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #110
Disaffected Shoelaces

I think Jonhhy Depp would be a good choice for the Riddler. Just as long as he doesn't ham it up CCF style, he could be excellent.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #111
MitsyMayhem

Fairuza balk for Harley Quinn, am I the only one who thinks this?

http://www.senstad.com/largeslides/fairuza.balk.7.jpeg

http://img.blogcu.com/uploads/berser...uza_hottie.jpg
Old 08-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #112
JCC

The only logical choice for a female role of any sort of context is Cristina Ricci.

Gothicus will back me up here.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #113
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem

Yeah. I could see her being Harley. But I doubt that's going to happen. No way in hell are they going to do that with another Joker. There isn't an actor on this planet that can pull off what Heath did.

I'm actually more concerned with the third one in general. I've got this feeling that Nolan blew his director load on The Dark Knight. HOW do you top this movie with a third Batman? That's what I want to know.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #114
Metabolik

I agree JCC!! Seriously the best film I've seen in years!
I'm glad it was long too I thought it was going to end at that part with the bike when he fell off... But NO! An extra hour or so!
I was like WOOOOOO
Old 08-10-2008, 09:50 AM   #115
Saya

Quote:
Then let the next actor ACT out the joker the way the dead Ledger did! It would be better then risk disapointing all of you!

Angelina as Catwoman? I'm for it.

Poison Ivy is a whore, and a USELESS character.

If all they should bring back the penguin. He looks very goth. If all, they will bring back Harvy Dent and that will be it. Enough said.

now fuck off.
What I meant was is that IF they get someone to do the Joker again, and tries to act like Ledger did, we're going to be disappointed because Ledger did just that an amazing job with it. And if they take the Joker in another direction, well thats just buggers up the series' continuity. I don't possibly seeing any actor of any talent getting out of that situation.

Poison Ivy was certainly not a useless character, she was a perfect example of a villian who does have good intentions but takes it too far. I'd like to see her revamped, and let us forget about the Uma Thurman portrayal, but where she has actual super powers and Nolan seems be trying to be somewhat realistic (my only real complaint about the Joker was that it was just makeup. No Permaclown?) I really seriously doubt we'll see her.

I can't find the link I was looking at, but apparently the screenwriters for Batman said that there will be no Penguin or Catwoman. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Riddler!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #116
JCC

Quote:
where she has actual super powers
No thanks.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #117
onyxprop

Jesus!
get off what Heath did! He's dead.

The joker is JUST a character, and the character is not going to be discontinued just because the actor playing him knocked off suddenly.
onyxprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #118
Saya

Ledger did something with the Joker that we haven't seen before. Gave him quirks and made me laugh in one minute and made me jump in the next. He owned it. There's no way to recast and keep continuity, what he did can't be replicated. I say this as a person who hated every Heath Ledger film I ever saw before, but it was the best acting I've seen in a long time. He made it a Joker movie, not a Batman movie. He stole the show.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #119
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Yeah. I could see her being Harley. But I doubt that's going to happen. No way in hell are they going to do that with another Joker. There isn't an actor on this planet that can pull off what Heath did.

I'm actually more concerned with the third one in general. I've got this feeling that Nolan blew his director load on The Dark Knight. HOW do you top this movie with a third Batman? That's what I want to know.

I guess the same way they plan to top Iron Man and the Hulk with an Avengers Movie. I mean. When Iron Man came out, I knew something was up. By the tie Hulk released, I REALLY knew something was up. I told my theory to my brother and he laughed. But it turns out they really are making an Avengers movie. Hulk and Iron Man were good movies and I've been wondering about.

However, the people who make these movies are usually pretty smart. The usually have ideas for sequels planned out while making a movie. So maybe, just maybe The Dark Knight was the tip of the creative iceberg. It better have been. The last thing I want to here is people walking around saying, 'Well, the Dark Knight was good..." That movie doesn't deserves to have it's glory tarnished.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #120
JCC

Quote:
Jesus!
get off what Heath did! He's dead.

The joker is JUST a character, and the character is not going to be discontinued just because the actor playing him knocked off suddenly.
Yes it is, because Christopher Nolan likes to keep things genuine.

He had to replace Rachel because Katie Holmes:

a) wasn't available
and
b) couldn't act.

He's not going to recast the Joker or at least it's highly unlikely because he knows how amazing Heath was in the role and frankly, the film will be panned regardless of how good the rest is because the chance of someone being anywhere near as good is infinitesmal, Heath even worked with the writer himself to get the flavour of the character.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #121
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea and Cake or Death
See above, ass munch.

Besides, I wasn't a fan, so it's not that big of a deal me fucking it up.
So, why the hell are you even making comments on a thread about a Batman movie?
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #122
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKorns
So, why the hell are you even making comments on a thread about a Batman movie?

No point in asking.
Tea hasn't been on recently and that's a pretty old post.
No point in bringing up negativity without a valid reason.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #123
Bete Noire

Hmm I thought the joker was excellent. Batmans voice annoyed me after a while though.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:33 AM   #124
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
\ Batmans voice annoyed me after a while though.
Yeah it bugged me a bit too. Made him hard to understand.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:01 AM   #125
Necrotansy

Batman's voice was ass, The Joker was the only one who speaked clearly. Overall great movie. I wonder who will be the next villain...
Necrotansy is offline   Reply With Quote