Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 AM   #101
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
Ok dude, believe whatever you want, I'm done trying to teach you about your own culture(and I guess its not even "your" culture, since you only claim to be goth because you like the subculture), your understanding of it is irrelevent to me anyway, so its redundant for me to even care.
Wow, who died and made you a 'teacher' of the subculture? Also, get over the fact that today's goths are related to the barbarians who sacked Rome! I find it rather insulting and funny that you keep insisting on the relation.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #102
Apathy's_Child

This thread has become hilarious, if a little like watching paraplegic get tipped out of his chair by five huge guys who then go on to kick the shit out of his limp body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
How does a person not knowing about your culture ruin it?

Also, if a person knows he wants to be a person who dresses in fishnets and all black but doesn't want to listen to Peter Murphy, how is he a person who can't figure out what he wants to be?
Ultimately, I totally agree with this - I get taking your shit seriously, I really do, but people who don't fully understand the real meaning of something don't become stupid until they're pointed in the right direction to check it out and refuse to accept what they find. Personally I get a flash of irritation when someone who claims to be an expert on the Beats or Bukowski has never heard of John Fante, or when someone who claims The Waste-Land is the greatest poem ever written also believes that Ezra Pound isn't that important a writer. However they're only idiotic for this after they've been told what's what, and reject it in favor of their own misconceptions instead of learning something. However this doesn't "ruin" anything for people who actually know their shit, unless they're only in it to impress and therefore get frustrated when their genius isn't recognized. If you genuinely love something for its own sake, who gives a shit about people who try to dabble and get it wrong?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #103
JCC

Remember guys, this poster wrote a whole paragraph in his introduction thread about how he is intelligent and people can't keep up with his mind.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #104
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Remember guys, this poster wrote a whole paragraph in his introduction thread about how he is intelligent and people can't keep up with his mind.
It's okay, he's not trying to sound conceded.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #105
The Count

Quote:
Gothic rock is a subculture of the Gothic culture, if you are suggesting that the subculture IS the culture, then you have proven yourself to be an idiot. The Gothic culture originates from the east germanic tribes of the 4th century.
Okay, now. This is where I started busting a gut.

Now although I do not consider myself a member of the Gothic sub-culture, I am quite fascinated by the East Germanic tribes you spoke of and have read about these tribes countless times.
(although reading isn't a concept you seem to be familiar with.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich
I havent read a book since I was 16
P.S. Your punctuation ^ SUCKS.(haven't)

And I have come to the conclusion that the only thing linking today's Goth culture with that of ancient times is, the name.

Just because they have the same name doesn't mean are the same things.
The Gothic tribe you speak of, died out in the first century AD. So I'm sorry but, you seem to be the last Goth in existence.

And if you didn't understand, I'll translate it into runic for you, when I get the chance.
The Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #106
The Count

Oops. Made a mistake.
Quote:
first century AD
It was the 8th century AD not 1st.
The Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #107
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Count View Post
Okay, now. This is where I started busting a gut.

Now although I do not consider myself a member of the Gothic sub-culture, I am quite fascinated by the East Germanic tribes you spoke of and have read about these tribes countless times.
(although reading isn't a concept you seem to be familiar with.)

P.S. Your punctuation ^ SUCKS.(haven't)

And I have come to the conclusion that the only thing linking today's Goth culture with that of ancient times is, the name.

Just because they have the same name doesn't mean are the same things.
The Gothic tribe you speak of, died out in the first century AD. So I'm sorry but, you seem to be the last Goth in existence.

And if you didn't understand, I'll translate it into runic for you, when I get the chance.
I havent read a "BOOK" since I was 16, if you took that as "wow, he doesnt read at all" then u should take classes on interpretation.

Anyway, you should read more, because as I have previously stated, their culture lived on through their creations(mostly structural buildings), and as I have also previously stated, I dont care to continue talking about it, its redundant and agrivating, so get off it.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #108
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I havent read a "BOOK" since I was 16, if you took that as "wow, he doesnt read at all" then u should take classes on interpretation.
Ah yes, I recall my first essay on pamphlets in doctor's offices, and the interpretive poem I wrote concerning the little blurbs between pictures in a fashion magazine.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #109
girasol

Take it as a compliment. Stick to what you like and what you think suits you regardless of whether people start doing the same things as you. I take inspriation from other people when I see someone in a movie or even in real like maybe wearing something a certain way, when someone I admire speaks about a book they love I will check it out and maybe buy it but never mention it later. Why not. They say we are all different and none of us can be exactly the same - but there will always be someone who will look at you and decide either to do what you do because they liked it or not to do something you do because they think it was retarded.
A friend asked me where I ahd got my shoes from, I told her. A few weeks later 3 girls were wearing the same shoes as me at an event. It didn't matter because nobody is going to think we made a joint effort and decided to wear the same things to be similar.
If it bugs you that much then just stop checking on what they are up to and continue with your life. I'm sure nobody is going to question you about why you sahre the same interests, part your hair the sam way and have the same skirt as such and such.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #110
ArchLich

Quote:
Ah yes, I recall my first essay on pamphlets in doctor's offices, and the interpretive poem I wrote concerning the little blurbs between pictures in a fashion magazine.
*raises an eyebrow*......
Old 05-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #111
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by girasol View Post
Take it as a compliment. Stick to what you like and what you think suits you regardless of whether people start doing the same things as you. I take inspriation from other people when I see someone in a movie or even in real like maybe wearing something a certain way, when someone I admire speaks about a book they love I will check it out and maybe buy it but never mention it later. Why not. They say we are all different and none of us can be exactly the same - but there will always be someone who will look at you and decide either to do what you do because they liked it or not to do something you do because they think it was retarded.
A friend asked me where I ahd got my shoes from, I told her. A few weeks later 3 girls were wearing the same shoes as me at an event. It didn't matter because nobody is going to think we made a joint effort and decided to wear the same things to be similar.
If it bugs you that much then just stop checking on what they are up to and continue with your life. I'm sure nobody is going to question you about why you sahre the same interests, part your hair the sam way and have the same skirt as such and such.
Eh... yeah individuality is one of the subculture's most attractive attributes.... which is completely irrelevent here, but yeah thanks I guess.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #112
Cicero

Quote:

Anyway, you should read more, because as I have previously stated, their culture lived on through their creations(mostly structural buildings), and as I have also previously stated, I dont care to continue talking about it, its redundant and agrivating, so get off it.
How is it aggravating?

It's OK to be wrong. Learn from it.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #113
Cicero

Quote:
Eh... yeah individuality is one of the subculture's most attractive attributes.... which is completely irrelevent here, but yeah thanks I guess.
I'm fairly certain that was directed at the OP

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #114
Lady Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
How is it aggravating?

It's OK to be wrong. Learn from it.
I concur. Everyone makes mistakes, you put up a good fight, but admit defeat and learn from this experience.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #115
KontanKarite

Quote:
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHGAHAHAHAA!! !!!!

Individuality and goth in the same sentence?

Dude, you're thick as brownie batter.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #116
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Dude, you're thick as brownie batter.
Yes I am rather morbidly obese.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #117
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Christine View Post
you put up a good fight,
Incorrect statement.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #118
ArchLich

Quote:
I concur. Everyone makes mistakes, you put up a good fight, but admit defeat and learn from this experience.
Yeah well, I pick and choose my battles, of course everyone reading this thread will get a good laugh out of what I'm about to say(and I'll happily take a bow), but you will never see me arguing about something I dont know I'm right about, I find it to be one of the most redundant things imaginable, extremely counter-productive, and self-destructive. However, some people are too thick to penetrate, which takes the fun out of it, therefore I chose to stop arguing.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #119
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Yeah well, I pick and choose my battles, of course everyone reading this thread will get a good laugh out of what I'm about to say(and I'll happily take a bow), but you will never see me arguing about something I dont know I'm right about, I find it to be one of the most redundant things imaginable, extremely counter-productive, and self-destructive. However, some people are too thick to penetrate, which takes the fun out of it, therefore I chose to stop arguing.
But...but you really are wrong...

No.
You're a troll.
THE JIG IS UP.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #120
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
...you will never see me arguing about something I dont know I'm right about...
It's easy to say such a thing immediately after doing the exact opposite.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #121
Lady Christine

Quote:
Incorrect statement.
I use good in the sense that he's still trying. Not that his argument is winning him Gnet Brownie points with other members.

Also, I think the brownie batter comment was about getting a point across to you, not your weight, though I could be mistaken.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #122
ArchLich

Quote:
Also, I think the brownie batter comment was about getting a point across to you, not your weight, though I could be mistaken.
Lol, yes I know, I was being sarcastic in order to piss him off once he realized that his insults me shit to me....
Old 05-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #123
Lady Christine

Quote:
Lol, yes I know, I was being sarcastic in order to piss him off once he realized that his insults me shit to me....
I wish I could take away the shovel you're digging your hole with.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #124
ArchLich

Quote:
I wish I could take away the shovel you're digging your hole with.
Thats just it, I'm not digging myself a hole because I couldnt care less what anyone thinks about me. I am who I am regardless of what these ignorant fucks say about me. My views, opinions, nature, strengths, weaknesses, everything about me cannot be altered by any other human being. I came to this forum seeking relationships with people I could relate to, and now that I see thats not gunna happen, I'm sticking around mearly to laugh at the idiocy(although you seem to be a nice enough person, so I guess people like you and Mir would give me a slight interest in sticking around to socialize).
Old 05-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #125
KontanKarite

I don't think bad about you. I just know that you're wrong and I'm embarrassed for you.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote