Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
Amaris

Why, hello there.

1. I am full-time student. When I'm not causing my brain to implode from schoolwork, I like to read books (mostly the classics), make greeting cards or other crafts, learn about mental/behavioral disorders, and volunteer.

2. North Carolina.

3. As cliché as it is, J.K. Rowling. It's incredibly hard for me to find authors who can write characters that I actually like, much less have a writing style that my picky self will enjoy.

4. I much prefer the format of television shows to movies, so it's harder to list my favorite films. However, I would say V for Vendetta, as well as Addams Family Values, Megamind, and Young Frankenstein when I want a laugh.

5. Why not a mix of Voltaire and Johnny Hollow for a wedding? Funny songs that make you want to dance plus some nice romantic music with electronic/ambient elements (or whatever the heck it is) would be nice.

6. Amber Asylum, although that would probably creep people out moreso than make them feel solemn at my funeral...

7. I am not sure how I want to die exactly, but in the most graceful way possible (romantic Goth here, hi).

8. A casket with elaborate carvings. Sorry, I'm definitely not an artist.

9. No idea. I am still trying to build up my Gothic wardrobe.

10. What I miss the most about being a little kid is the lack of responsibilities, worries, and chronic pain.

11. For the moment, I would consider Voltaire my favorite music artist. Johnny Hollow, Queen, Halestorm, and HUMANWINE are fun as well.

12. I will probably major in biology, neuroscience, or some other related field.
Beyond undergraduate school, I am thinking about becoming a physician's assistant specializing in psychiatry, but who knows what I will choose to do next?

13. Why did I join? Honestly, I love my friends, but they would probably be concerned if I started talking about how a play about a murderous barber and a woman who bakes those victims into pies is the coolest thing ever.

14. Female.
Amaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:13 AM   #2
Stormbringer

Greetings and Welcome Amaris, like I tell most new people, you will be amongst like-minded people here. I love Sweeney Todd and Young Frankenstein. You'll find that most of your other interests are shared by people here too. Don't worry, most of my family and friends are still concerned about me and I'm turning 51 next year. Enjoy !
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
Anise

Amaris so happy to have you here! Welcome <3
My great~grandparents had a barbers called Sweeney's
Not a family name, they just had a slightly dark sense of humour
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:33 PM   #4
Pr1aP1sm

Hello Amaris,
Full-time student, Volunteer work, and Chronic pain.
Sounds like a lot. Good Luck.

If you don't mind sharing... What kind of volunteer work, and why?

You don't need to worry about creeping us out.
And if you somehow manage to, It'll only make me like you more.

Welcome + Enjoy.
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
Amaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
Greetings and Welcome Amaris, like I tell most new people, you will be amongst like-minded people here. I love Sweeney Todd and Young Frankenstein. You'll find that most of your other interests are shared by people here too. Don't worry, most of my family and friends are still concerned about me and I'm turning 51 next year. Enjoy !
Thanks, Stormbringer! Wow, I think a shirt that says, "Still not a phase," is in order for you. I have found time and time again that certain people want to impose their opinions as the gospel without realizing that we should let others just live! Ah, well, that's what gives human beings our charm, I guess.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
Amaris

Hi and thank you, Anise! I've seen pictures of some of those barbershops under the name of Sweeney. I applaud them while I simultaneously clutch my neck in fear.

@Pr1aP1sm: Thank you!
Currently, I mainly volunteer at a library, usually with children's/teen events, shelving books, etc. I used to volunteer for Meals on Wheels, but I am wanting to see if a nearby hospital will let me into one of their volunteer programs.
I have found many benefits with volunteering. As I don't work, it has given me a relative understanding of how to handle people, as well as learning new skills, improving my small talk, and to do something that gives me a sense of purpose.

Creeping you out will only impress you guys more? Well, I will try not to disappoint.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:44 PM   #7
Stormbringer

@ Amaris Yeah, I watched goth grow and I realised early on that it was not just a passing fashion. Goth has gradually influenced all the arts and is at the core of modern alternative, avant garde culture. We should all feel proud to be its proponents.

I've often said on here that, altenative though we are, we sould always cultivate a deep respect for all people by being open, friendly and above all, polite. Only by setting a good example can we change peoples opinions for the better, not only about goths but about anyone who is 'different'.

I should indeed get a t-shirt will 'Still Not A Phase' on it but written in Latin, my air of mystery is very important to me.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote