Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
Stormbringer

No Man In An Island

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm an avid collector of anything strange, arcane and unusual - old books, historical medals, old photographs, paintings and sculptures by unknown artists. also objects from the Baroque, Victoriana, Edwardiana and Modernism. I'm interested in art, history and I love most forms of music. Nature and particularly the ocean inspires me. I'm also an artist, poet and I write novellas in several genres.

2. Where are you from?

Adelaide, South Australia but I'm a European at heart.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Robert Graves the poet but there are many.

4. What are your favorite films?

I love art-house films but I enjoy just about anything except action flicks.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Lachrymosa by Evanescence and Beethoven's ninth symphony.

6. At your funeral?

Aphasia by The Budos Band, Lachrymosa by Evanescence.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Heroically, sacrificing my life to save others.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

A terracotta urn, as in Celtic times.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

My silk waistcoat with fob chain.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Imaginary friends - I had many, alas.

11. What's your favorite band?

Evanescence.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Self educated.

13. Why did you join?

To commune with my fellow goths. Who are people of taste and refinement.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Male.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:03 AM   #2
Molster

Welcome Stormbringer, I hope your stay here isn't too rough....
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
Anise

Ooooo Victorian Gothic is a passion of mine
Also, as a small child I had an imaginary friend.
We'll all get along famously!
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:15 AM   #4
Pr1aP1sm

'Drive By Sodomy' or 'Bugs Takes It Too Far'

Hello StormBringer,
I left this here because it seems everyone else has left this squatters hideaway.
Shhh... I secretly worry that my recent bout of self-absorbed bitching might be the cause. HaHa... That or the smell...
But I'm Bored now, and soon to be very snowed in.
So I've decided to pester... Lucky You!!!

A while ago we spoke about Marquis de Sade, and since then I've wanted to tell you about a little game we used to play called 'Drive By Sodomy'.
It's probably not as bad as it sounds... But I apologize if I offend.

On occasion, when there was more than a few of us hanging out, being decadent. One of us would quietly leave the room under the guise of going to the pisser, or getting a drink.
But on the way back they would grab my copy of '120 Days' off the bookshelf. And upon reentering the room, they would walk directly up to an unsuspecting victim, And drop the book to the ground in front of them. Then pointing at the victim they would say "You've Been Sodomized!"
Now upon hearing this... Movies and Video Games were paused, music was turned down, and all card games were put on hold. Everyone turned to the victim and waited.
If the book was dropped in front of you, You were then expected... No,... Obligated to pick it up, Climb up on a chair (or any peace of furniture), and begin reading a random page.
BUT simply reading it was not enough. You had to read it in a goofy voice, and act out the scene you were reading. That meant Pelvic Thrusts, Squatting, and anything else happening in the story.
There was a catch though... If you did a shit job everyone would Boo, and throw things at you. Food, Ice Cubes, Playing Cards, Spit Balls, Pocket Change, ANYTHING!
(broke a couple remote controls that way)
One time I was even pelted with Tampons. And forgetting the company I kept I made the comment "Well at least they were still in the wrappers.".
Big Mistake... A friend I nicknamed 'Bugs' (not because she had bugs, but because she reminded me of a Looney Tunes Cartoon Character) assumed an odd stance, reached down the front of her pants, and produced an 'Unwrapped Tampon'. Then swung it by the string above her head, Like a damn helicopter blade. Finally launching it across the room at my face! I was somewhere between amusement, and shock. So I just barley managed to get out of the way as her unsheathed tampon flew past, and hit the wall behind me.
*It wasn't as nasty as it could have been... If you know what I mean.

BUT after that we made a new rule that said..
When playing 'Drive By Sodomy' one can not throw anything at the Victim that was in, OR that came out of ones body.

Sooo... Yeah. That was always fun!
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:53 AM   #5
Stormbringer

I hung with the wrong crowd by the sound of it. None of my old group of friends would have taken part in anything like that - their loss. In fact I doubt if most of them would have been able to bring themselves to read 'literature' even if their lives depended on it.

Once when I was in my later high school years, one of my not so close friends organised a big outing to one of Adelaide's national parks. No big deal, just a park an hour out of town with tennis courts, picnic areas, wildlife and easy hiking trails. He invited all our mutual friends and most of his extended family and part of the plan was for everyone to play tennis......He rang me and I agreed to go, then he asked me, "Who would you like to play tennis with?" My answer was, "No one, I'll be quite happy reading a book in the shade."

So that's just what I did. He told me later that one of his female relatives had noticed that I was on my own and reading, and obviously missing out on the delights of tennis. He said to her, "Oh he's quite happy, he's a poet." It was the beginning of the time when I was finally freed from peer group pressure and the start of my friends really accepting me as someone different, as an eccentric and, dare I say, as a decadent.

The people I grew up with were mostly very different to me - I was the only really creative and cultured person amongst them and it took some of them a long time to accept that we really had very little in common. As it turned out we gradually drifted apart and now I only have a couple of really close friends, and my ex who probably knows me better than anyone. Funny you should mention tampons - her ex husband had serious hungups about the whole menstrual thing. Serious issues. So being able to talk about it when we were together and even now without me running out of the room or yelling at her as he used to do, is something that she appreciates.

At work there's no one like me either and I like it that way. If ever anyone has a question about any of the many arcane subjects I'm into they seek me out and ask me. I'm a little like the village shaman I guess and the village can only have one shaman.

Don't ever worry about offending me either Pri - can't be done.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #6
BloodEfllux

@stormbringer a very elegant introduction
BloodEfllux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:37 PM   #7
Pr1aP1sm

StormBringer,

Rīcīnn - 'Orpheus'
https://soundcloud.com/l-r-r-c-nn/orpheus-1

Enjoy.
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:29 AM   #8
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1aP1sm View Post
StormBringer,

Rīcīnn - 'Orpheus'
https://soundcloud.com/l-r-r-c-nn/orpheus-1

Enjoy.
Fantastic - loved it ! I must look this ensemble up. Thanks Pri.