Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
DarkestBirds

Looking for goth friends in a town full of rednecks...

Hi. I'm new to this site, only recently taking the leap toward a gothic lifestyle. The biggest problem so far is the lack of goth people in my area. I live in Southern Oregon and most of the people around me are rednecks and hillbillies.

I'm still learning about what goth is, so I'd love to meet some people that can introduce me to some new stuff.

A little about me;

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I'm unemployed, but I love to write, and would love to do that professionally. If I can't write, I would want to be a librarian, or work in a bookstore.

2. Where are you from? Southern Oregon, USA.

3. Who is your favorite author? Zac Brewer (formerly Heather Brewer). In fact, his books and online presence are a big reason why I took the leap into the goth culture.

4. What are your favorite films? That's a tough one, but I'm a big Kevin Smith fan. I own all of his movies, and look forward to seeing his new one. I also really enjoy Dark City and The Crow. Gothic Noir is very interesting to me.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I would have some Nine Horses for slow dances, and mix in some Oomph!, or Birthday Massacre for some faster dances. It would also be great to have the whole wedding party do the Time Warp.

6. At your funeral? I don't really care, since my funeral is more for the people I leave behind. I wouldn't say no to some Jack White, though.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Beheading via guillotine.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Something cheap. I don't want to break the bank for something I don't even get to experience. Make sure it's black, though.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? I would love to wear some black dress shoes, a pair of black slacks, a dark red button down shirt, a black blazer, and a long, black duster.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Being able to experience so many things for the first time.

11. What's your favorite band? I would have to say Jack White/The White Stripes, though I've also gotten really into Creature Feature.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I graduated high school a few years ago, and I'm not planning on going to college.

13. Why did you join? To make new friends and learn more about the subculture.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? I am a straight man.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people.
DarkestBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
Stormbringer

Greetings and welcome to GN DarkestBirds. You tick all the right boxes - writers and poets are always in good company here. Rednecks and hilbillies.....we don't have. btw : I love Dark City and The Crow.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
HappyHaunt13

Welcome! I know how you feel about the rednecks. I have a lot in my area too!
HappyHaunt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
Anise

Oh I hear you!
Well, here in Ireland we have our own version of rednecks.
We call them 'cavies' or 'spides' ...
I live in a little speck of a village by the sea, just 1 main street wahey!

Welcome to our sanctuary DarkestBirds lol
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:44 PM   #5
DarkestBirds

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.
DarkestBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #6
Videogirl88

Wow, you seem awesome, man! You know, if you really want to be a librarian, you should study library sciences. Although, I'm sure nowadays it's mostly computer work. I really miss the way libraries were when I was a kid. Anyway, I like Kevin Smith's work too. I heard he's going to make Clerks 3 soon!
Videogirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #7
Anise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videogirl88 View Post
. I really miss the way libraries were when I was a kid.
Ditto I second that!
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:03 PM   #8
Pr1aP1sm

Hello DarkestBirds,

Attack of the Redneck Zombies...
They're not all bad, some of my relatives are of the Redneck Persuasion.
And yes... They sometimes get on my damn nerves, but I think they try to be decent people. The older ones just don't get it, that's all.

AND I HATE THEIR TASTE IN MUSIC.... Just Awful!!!

Well, Nice to meet you.
Welcome + Enjoy.
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote