Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #101
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I lied, vanity is only part of the motivation. The big reason I want to be healthy is because I don't want to end up huge and olde like some of the people in my family. I don't want to be 70 and 450lbs, falling and having no one to find me for 6-8 hours and not being able to crawl to a phone. That shit's scary to think about.
Getting old and frail is scary shit... so too is relying on the hospital system for health care because you stuffed yourself up when you were younger.

Got a ton of reasons to be fit and I'm too bitter today to go into them in any great detail. Guess life is too short to be unfit. Plus I don't want to let the shit in my past dictate who I am in the future... always trying to move forward and be positive.

Had trouble motivating myself at the gym this morning - was exhausted, so I only did 50 minutes, most of the time screaming "I own you bitch," in my head to the cross trainer, but hey it worked and I lasted 45 minutes longer than I felt like lasting

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #102
ape descendant

I'm not much of a gym sort of person... I figure that the money is better spent on healthy food and world of warcraft.

I tend to do a lot of dancing... I have my own weights that I use... and I walk a bit. I am a terrible dancer... so I do all this in the privacy of my own home...except the walking.

Speaking of dancing... I'm trying to teach myself how to do this... its harder than it looks.

FB You do own that bitch!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #103
Fruitbat

Ape - You go girl with the dancing! Awesome moves, move that booty sweetie.

I love dancing. It's the best drug in the world.. It's a shame I'm dancing challenged.

Yeah gym's are generally wankie places, but the one I go to is an all girl gym and we are all like "yeah!! let's move our butts, bo-yeah" kinda gals and the trainers are "well this is your training session, you go as hard as you want," and we all end up sweating and looking very unattractive... lol.

I was walking around yesterday in skinny jeans and a tank top and Mr Bat was making comments about how now I'm showing off my body rather than hiding it behind layers. I said, "well i work my ass off at the gym, I'm showing it off, before I get old and saggy and then everyone will go ewwww cover up."

Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #104
Catch

Yah, skinny jeans.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #105
ape descendant

Gagh!! Skinny jeans are the bane of my existence. I still love the giant pants of my youth.

Be Kind
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #106
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Gagh!! Skinny jeans are the bane of my existence. I still love the giant pants of my youth.
I only own one pair, and one pair of leggings with studs on them (which babybat likes to bite off - I think he's going to be a fashion designer when he grows up, as he often complains about my dress sense).

But on the upside the skinny jeans do have sparkles on the back pockets.

Another day, another workout 1.5hrs and I stink and am waiting for babybat to go to sleep so I can take a hot shower.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #107
Grausamkeit

Still keeping up! My net speed has gone down to superslow, recently, so I'm not enjoying the web as much. I've got a monster headache today so I'm skipping anything rigorous and just sticking to cleaning.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #108
Saya

Been babysitting mom's dogs, so I've been playing with them and taking them for walks twice a day.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #109
Fruitbat

Quote:
Still keeping up! My net speed has gone down to superslow, recently, so I'm not enjoying the web as much. I've got a monster headache today so I'm skipping anything rigorous and just sticking to cleaning.
You drinking enough water? 8 large glasses a day (2L or 1/2 gallon) as a minimum, more when you exercise

Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #110
Grausamkeit

I may have been a bit dehydrated. I've been feeling better today and drinking water. My husband forced me to walk around a big grocery store for hours, does that count as a bit of exercise?

Old 07-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #111
Fruitbat

Quote:
I may have been a bit dehydrated. I've been feeling better today and drinking water. My husband forced me to walk around a big grocery store for hours, does that count as a bit of exercise?
Sounds like torture to me.

Yep it does count. Glad to hear the water is helping

I didn't go to the gym today.. the weather is the first nice weather in a month (or feels like it) so I laid out on the back deck with some chalk and drew fish with babybat, who kept yelling "wake" at me.

Just couldn't find it in me to exercise today. I know tomorrow is going to be hard at the gym.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #112
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
I only own one pair, and one pair of leggings with studs on them (which babybat likes to bite off - I think he's going to be a fashion designer when he grows up, as he often complains about my dress sense).

But on the upside the skinny jeans do have sparkles on the back pockets.

Another day, another workout 1.5hrs and I stink and am waiting for babybat to go to sleep so I can take a hot shower.
Come on, batty, you can put sparkles on any pair of jeans... but only skinny jeans snuggle your bubble in a way you enjoy.

Be Kind
Old 07-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #113
Grausamkeit

I jumped rope today...and I'm beat! They're not kidding when they say it's an excellent cardio workout. I figured I could just breeze through it because I can make it over an hour dancing. This shit is more intense than just dancing!

I feel good.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #114
Fruitbat

Graus I can't skip rope.. I do it for a minute, fall on the ground and plead with babybat to run off with the skipping rope (he usually just jumps on my back)

Ape Seriously? You think I have a little artistic talent? Well enough to do something creative to clothes apart from rip them accidently.

I'm a writer not remotely good at anything, except maybe painting walls, but that's it. Can't even chose the paint colours and get the house looking right. For example. I drew a picture of a cat for babybat and Mr Bat says "Why does your cat have boobs?" I said "They aren't boobs they are paws." and then the discussion just went downhill from there...

Another 5.7km on the treadmill and upperbody weights. Planking for 30seconds x3 - or until I get the "oh my gawd" wobbles in my body and face plant it on the exercise mat.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #115
Fruitbat

Thinking that this year is the year to do kosciusko...

maybe to the summit.. or perhaps I'll take the slacker route.

http://www.wildwalks.com/bushwalking...szko-np-south/

Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #116
Apathy's_Child

Never has the inclination to run, but I walk a lot. If I'm bored I'll grab my music and head out - I hate sitting around if I'm not either drinking or occupied by some kind of project.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #117
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Never has the inclination to run, but I walk a lot. If I'm bored I'll grab my music and head out - I hate sitting around if I'm not either drinking or occupied by some kind of project.
Moving is great AC... any sort of movement, just keep pushing yourself.

I'm a walker not a runner/jogger. Plus walking is good for stacks of things such as depression, writer's block, and just the whole getting out of the house and experiencing the awesomeness of nature.

I think I will do Kozi. I'll never climb Everest and at least this way I can say that I went up the highest peak on one of the seven continents.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #118
Grausamkeit

So, I'm edging my way into a smaller size. There's muffin top, but in another month it'll be history. Prior to being ill I've actually been losing a bit of weight with this rope jumping.

How's everyone doing on the fitness and activity? I must admit that I've been a bit too loopy to exercise this week due to my illness. I will, however, be here to cheer everyone else on with foam finger in one hand and cough syrup in the other.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #119
Fruitbat

Hey Graus - I'm here but real quick... didn't go to the gym this morning (hopefully tonight) or else I'll go into the garden.

Congrats on heading towards the smaller size situps help with the muffin top - I did 90 yesterday, plus 3x30 second planks and then had to faceplant it on the mat because my buldging discs were hurting. Now I just got to convince my back to do another 90 today (I do them on an exercise ball because it supports my lower back).

Upped my weights to 12.5kg in a tricep lift (ah heck i've forgotten the technical terms - having a really bad day) and lift 5kg above my head (which I only get 5 reps out and then feel like I'm going to crash the weights into my head) and 6kg up front.

Still training... got my 7hr walk up Kozie sometime in November to plan for. Was going to do it at the end of October, but I'll push it back a couple of weeks. Really wanted to spend my birthday sitting on top of the highest mountain in Australia, but it will have to wait til the trail opens.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #120
Grausamkeit

Someone remind me to wear shoes nect time I'm jumping rope! That shit hurts like hell when you're whacking bare toes.

I feel all beat to hell after only jumping for 8 minutes. Screw you, body! Hurry up and get in shape you lazy fucker!

Old 08-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #121
Grausamkeit

Question Serious Question!

Can you actually consider sex as 'exercise'? Or would it be like a small bonus(like walking an extra mile some days) to your routine?

Old 08-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #122
honeythorn

I don't really consider it exercise personally. Unless you're going at it really vigorously for like an hour every day then the exertion won't really burn that much.

It's probably one of the more enjoyable forms of exertion there is though :P
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #123
Grausamkeit

I guess I'll just consider it a little extra then, if I keep doing it a few times a week. Not a replacement, though.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #124
Fruitbat

Quote:
Can you actually consider sex as 'exercise'? Or would it be like a small bonus(like walking an extra mile some days) to your routine?
It does burn calories, but I would still keep up my regular exercise program... I guess it depends how vigourous it is.

I haven't done any exercise since Friday. I got violently sick on Sunday thanks to a stomach bug/food poisioning. Still wiped out on Tuesday.

On the upside - managed to lose 3kg.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #125
Grausamkeit

Sorry you've been sick, Fru. That sucks. I was sick, but I recently got better(and ran out of cough medicine) so I started exercising again.