Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #151
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #152
Chris_Morey

Boy oh boy, you happened to find a Magic card with a storm on it, and on our cover it is raining. I can see the vast similarities you are trying to point out.

By the way, this cover was done by a guy named Vincent Chong, he's won the Bram Stoker award for best artist three years in a row. If you wanna talk about composition, color schemes etc. I'm sure he'd be happy to educate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Jesus Christ. Did you crib those covers from Magic: the Gathering? Because if so I cast lightning bolt and end my turn.

I will be back later to talk about the Vagina Angel (the hair is the clit, the arms are the folds, the wings are the thighs.) and the shadowy anal rapist, but I'm sort of in the middle of a big project. Don't worry your regualrly schedualed scorning will return.
Chris_Morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #153
Chris_Morey

Everyone look how incredibly similar these two images are! Errr.... right?

Old 10-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #154
Despanan

I tap two mana and cast Diabolic Edict and target Chris_Morey.

Ooh! Drama! Which one will you sacrifice Chris_Morey? The Schoolgirl in the Drizzle or the Caucasian Egyptian? (Cause who wants to read a book about BLACK gods anyway? NOT ME. My steampunk fiction is about WHITE PEOPLE ONLY!)

It's like Sophie's Choice, except no one cares.
Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #155
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up

Dark Regions Press is proud to announce that the new novella Blindspot by Michael McBride is now available for preorder in a 125 Signed and Limited Trade paperback edition for just $14.95 with free USA shipping and discounted international shipping!

Click here to learn more about Blindspot by Michael McBride!

At 2:31 a.m., seismic monitoring stations in China and South Korea detect a magnitude-4 event consistent with a nuclear detonation in the southeastern corner of North Korea, within the Korean Demilitarized Zone. With the threat of full-scale war escalating by the minute, the United Nations Security Council dispatches an elite unit of peacekeepers to cross the border, penetrate the cloud of dust hanging over the site, and determine the exact nature of the seismic disturbance. What they find triggers a series of events that culminates in a civilian biomedical engineer boarding a transport carrier at Ft. Detrick, Maryland, bound for the Far East.

His name is Dr. Parker Ramsey and he is uniquely qualified for this mission.

He is the brains behind a secret project--Code Name Hindsight--developed under the oversight of the United States Army Medical Research and Materiel Command. Hindsight has never been field-tested, but with global catastrophe looming on the horizon, the only chance of averting it lies in utilizing the project's extraordinary capabilities. If it works, Dr. Ramsey will be able to unravel the mystery behind the detonation and identify the responsible party.

For, thanks to Hindsight, Dr. Ramsey will be able to see something that no one has ever seen before...

He'll be able to see the moment of death through the eyes of the dead.

If he's able to survive long enough to do so.

"Writing with the soul of a poet and the imagination of a demon, Michael McBride creates terrifying enchantments."
- Bruce Boston, author of The Nightmare Collection

"McBride just keeps getting better!"
- Hellnotes

"Whether he's writing stuff that's quietly creepy or stuff that's action-packed and blood-drenched, Michael McBride never fails to deliver a fantastic read!"
- Jeff Strand, author of Dweller and Pressure

"Make no mistake, Michael McBride is now ready to step in with the heavy hitters. Jeffery Deaver, Michael Marshall Smith, Thomas Harris--are you doing your roadwork?"
- Gene O'Neill, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of Taste of Tenderloin

About the author

Michael McBride is the author of Bloodletting, Burial Ground, Innocents Lost, Predatory Instinct, and half of The Mad & The Macabre (with Jeff Strand). He lives in Westminster, Colorado with his wife and children. To learn more about the author and his other works visit http://www.michaelmcbride.net.

Publisher contact

Dark Regions Press
P.O. Box 1264
Colusa, CA, 95932
http://www.DarkRegions.com

Contact us directly with any questions or comments at:
support AT darkregionspress.com

Click here to learn more about Blindspot by Michael McBride!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #156
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Morey
"Note to self: Growing razor-sharp fingernail claws had unforeseen effects on my masturbation routine...perhaps I can convince one of these soldies to take me to the hospital? All in-all I'm glad I'm wearing my medical alert bracelet. I may pass out from the blood loss and won't be able to tell the doctors I'm allergic to penicillin!"
Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #157
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up Nightingale Songs by Simon Strantzas now available at DarkRegions.com

Dark Regions Press is proud to announce that the new collection Nightingale Songs by Simon Strantzas is now available in both a leather-bound signed by both author and artist Deluxe Lettered Hardcover with slipcase edition and a 100 Signed and Numbered Limited Hardcover edition with free United States shipping!

PREORDER SPECIAL: order the 100 Signed and Numbered Limited Hardcover edition while still in preorder stage and get $5 off the retail price!

Click here to learn more about Nightingale Songs by Simon Strantzas!

In the dead of night, there are footsteps in the hall . . .
In the dead of night, your past mistakes will haunt you . . .
In the dead of night, you hear a discordant tune . . .
In the dead of night, the nightingale sings . . .

Simon Strantzas, master of the subtle and the bizarre, returns with a dozen strange tales and eerie mysteries. From the shores of a remote oil-stained sound to deep within the familiar heart of suburbia, these are the songs of broken people who cannot find a way to fix themselves, who must search the dark for salvation. Like a siren, the nightingale sings them onward to face their end. But it sings for you too. A requiem in your honor. Because, for you, it is already too late.

"Nightingale Songs is a dark gem. Strantzas demonstrates once again why he is so highly regarded amongst connoisseurs of the macabre and the fantastic."
- Laird Barron

"Simon Strantzas displays a gift for evoking disturbing atmospheres and creating odd, frightening encounters with the uncanny . . . "
- Lisa Tuttle

"He does not show you the gate to this new Golden Age of weird fiction that is upon us, but leads you through it."
- Joseph S. Pulver

"Strantzas deftly establishes ordinary and seemingly innocuous situations that spin out of the characters' control and always end with an uneasy sense of menace, even when their resolution is ambiguous or cryptic."
- Publishers Weekly

"Like the subtly disquieting locations in which they take place—a suburban house obscured by weeds and dark butterflies, the basement of a former home grown suddenly unfamiliar, a sleep clinic where the patients never meet—Simon Strantzas’ elegant stories worry at the reader’s sense of certainty. The songs they sing won’t comfort you. But you will remember them."
- Glen Hirshberg

About the author

Simon Strantzas is the author of the critically-acclaimed Cold to the Touch (Tartarus Press, 2009), a collection of thirteen tales of the strange and supernatural. His first collection, Beneath the Surface (reprinted by Dark Regions Press, 2010), has been called "one of the most important debut short story collections in the genre". Strantzas's stories have appeared in The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror, Cemetery Dance, and Postscripts. In 2009, his work was nominated for the British Fantasy Award for Best Short Fiction. He lives in Toronto, Canada, with his wife and an unyielding hunger for the flesh of the living. For more information, please visit http://www.strantzas.com

Publisher contact

Dark Regions Press
P.O. Box 1264
Colusa, CA, 95932

Click here to learn more about Nightingale Songs by Simon Strantzas!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #158
Despanan

Now THAT is one good fucking cover. I would pick that up off the shelf and read it in a second.

If your writers are HALF as good as that cover, you might just be on to something.

Well done sir. Well done.
Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #159
Chris_Morey

Howdy folks! The Dark Friday special from Dark Regions Press is up and running, 33% off almost everything in the store until Midnight tonight! Just go to DarkRegions.com and use coupon code:

DARKFRIDAY

in the last stage of checkout to receive 33% off almost all of our books!

Here's a full list of the books that qualify: http://www.darkregions.com/dark-frid...counted-items/

Happy holidays from Dark Regions Press!

Old 11-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #160
Chris_Morey

Exclamation

Only one hour left before the Dark Friday 33% Off Sale expires!

Just use coupon code DARKFRIDAY in the last stage of checkout to get 33% off almost all of our books at http://www.DarkRegions.com
Old 11-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #161
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up

Dark Regions Press is proud to announce that the new novella Sherlock Holmes: Revenant by William Meikle is now available in a 125 Signed and Numbered Trade Paperback edition and The Invasion/The Valley Dark Regions Double book by William Meikle is currently in stock and available in a Trade Paperback edition!

Meikle Pack: order both books (as offered on each product page under Editions) and receive 20% off retail price!

Click here to learn more about Sherlock Holmes: Revenant!

Click here to learn more about The Invasion/The Valley Dark Regions Double!

Sherlock Holmes: Revenant

A strange sickness affecting the members of the House of Lords starts a new adventure for Holmes and Watson, one that will see them on the run, accused of murder and pursued by both the police and a deadly gang of assassins.

The case takes them up and down the country, from Scotland to the Houses of Parliament and leads them down arcane paths, following their relentless foe in pursuit of the lost secret of immortality.

Their adversary seems hell-bent, not only on their destruction but on an act of terrorism that will shake London to its foundations.

Holmes must catch and unmask the revenant, and only by confronting his own past will he be able to prevail.

The Invasion

It started during a winter storm on the North Eastern Seaboard which brought with it a strange green rain. Where it fell, everything withered, died, and was consumed. The residents of remote outposts in Maritime Canada escaped the worst of the early damage, but that was a blessing in disguise, for they were left to watch as first North America, then the world, was subsumed in the creeping green carpet of terror.

And that was just the beginning. New life forms began to arise from the ooze, simple organisms at first, but multiplying with ever-increasing complexity. The few human survivors are faced with a full-scale invasion... and only radical measures will guarantee the survival of the human race.

"If you're on the fence with this one, then climb down and give it a shot. The Invasion is great 50's B-Movie fun and comes highly recommended."
- Horror World

The Valley

In 1863, a group of mercenaries are hired to help out a mining town in Montana. They arrive to find the town empty and some of the buildings wrecked and strewn over a wide area. A new cave leads them to a land that time forgot, a high valley full of animals that are extinct elsewhere, but have thrived in the remote environment. But something else is loose in the land, something even older that has emerged from the cave system.

Soon the remaining men are fighting for their lives, and the lives of everything in the valley.

"This is pure pulp fiction goodness."
- The Man-Eating Bookworm

About the author

William Meikle is a Scottish writer with over a dozen novels published in the genre press and over 200 short story credits in thirteen countries. He is the author of the ongoing Midnight Eye series among others, and his work appears in a number of professional anthologies. His ebook THE INVASION has been as high as #2 in the Kindle SF charts. He lives in a remote corner of Newfoundland with icebergs, whales and bald eagles for company. In the winters he gets warm vicariously through the lives of others in cyberspace, so please check him out at http://www.williammeikle.com

Publisher contact

Dark Regions Press
P.O. Box 1264
Colusa, CA, 95932

Click here to learn more about Sherlock Holmes: Revenant!

Click here to learn more about The Invasion/The Valley Dark Regions Double!
Old 12-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #162
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up Dark Regions Press Gift Packs (Grab Bags) available for a limited time only!

We are excited to announce that from today until Friday, December 23rd we are offering the first ever Dark Regions Gift Packs (Grab Bags)! Now is the perfect opportunity to buy Dark Regions books as gifts or to expand your own collection and save up to $200 on our products and books! There is a certain joy in the element of surprise with grab bags, perfect for the holiday season. We're confident the casual reader, the enthusiastic collector and the gift shopper can all find something suited for themselves or their loved ones with the following selections:

Dark Regions Trade Paperback Gift Pack (three trade paperbacks for the price of one) - $19 - More info

Dark Regions Limited Hardcover Gift Pack (three limited hardcovers for the price of one) - $39 - More info

Dark Regions Deluxe Hardcover Gift Pack (three deluxe hardcovers for the price of one) - $99 - More info

Dark Regions Big Gift Pack (nine books/products at deeply discounted prices) - $99 - More info

Free U.S. shipping and discounted international shipping rates still apply!

Click here to read more about or order a Dark Regions Gift pack!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #163
Murder.Of.Crows

Oh good ol' Chris Morey, how I have missed you. It's good to see your still peddling your crap on a site no one knows or cares about. But hey, at least you had me at hello... right?
Old 12-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #164
Grausamkeit

And I had to show my tits!

NO FAIR!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #165
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
And I had to show my tits!

NO FAIR!
Wait, what?!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #166
Chris_Morey

I appreciate your support of our company. Just for this, if you ever choose to order from our website I will ensure you receive a fine piece of coal in your package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Oh good ol' Chris Morey, how I have missed you. It's good to see your still peddling your crap on a site no one knows or cares about. But hey, at least you had me at hello... right?
Old 12-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #167
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up Carnacki: Heaven and Hell by William Meikle now available on DarkRegions.com

Dark Regions Press is excited to announce the launch of Carnacki: Heaven and Hell by William Meikle, the fourth book in the Ghost House imprint featuring cover and interior artwork by Wayne Miller. The book features six interior illustrations by artist Wayne Miller. Carnacki: Heaven and Hell is now available in a leather-bound signed by both author and artist Deluxe Thirteen Hardcover with slipcase edition and a 100 Signed and Numbered Limited Hardcover edition!

Click here to learn more and view interior artwork from Carnacki: Heaven and Hell by William Meikle!

All new tales of William Hope Hodgson's Carnacki.

Meet an Edwardian occult detective who goes where no other gentleman will dare. Nine stories and a novella that take Carnacki deep into neolithic barrows, into the crypts of ancient cathedrals and see him fighting the elemental powers of darkness on his own terms.

The Blooded Iklwa: A malevolent spirit is intent on blood. Can Carnacki identify the source of the attacks and stop the Zulu blade from its nightly haunting? Or will his client be forced to suffer a death of a thousand cuts?

The Larkhill Barrow: A pounding terror has been called up out of Salisbury Plain; an ancient darkness that will haunt your dreams.

The Sisters of Mercy: Battle hardened old soldiers lie sick abed in fear for their souls. Only someone with intimate knowledge of the powers of darkness can help them.

The Hellfire Mirror: The rituals of an infamous club have left their mark on a mirror, leading Carnacki into a fight to stop his own home from being overrun with the forces of darkness.

The Beast of Glamys: Danger to the daughter of a Scottish Lord leads Carnacki to a remote castle, and the uncovering of the secret behind a legend that has persisted for centuries.

The Tomb of Pygea: Something serpentine whispers in the dark under Admiralty Arch, and only Carnacki has the skills, and the nerve, to descend, and to listen.

The Lusitania: A cruise ship is berthed in Liverpool, deserted by passengers and crew, stuck in port until Carnacki can remove the cause of their terror; apparitions of disaster and shipwreck

The Haunted Oak: Ghosts of the recent dead walk beneath its spreading boughs and the Church needs Carnacki's expertise. But some things are best left to take their course -- natural, or supernatural.

The Shoreditch Worm: When one of the churches of London changes its chimes, something old starts to wake. Can Carnacki stop it before it is too late?

The Dark Island: Carnacki uncovers a gateway to a dark realm of magic and myth, where the far future of our planet can be touched and seen, if a man has the stomach for it.

About the author

William Meikle is a Scottish writer with over a dozen novels published in the genre press and over 200 short story credits in thirteen countries. He is the author of the ongoing Midnight Eye series among others, and his work appears in a number of professional anthologies. His ebook THE INVASION has been as high as #2 in the Kindle SF charts. He lives in a remote corner of Newfoundland with icebergs, whales and bald eagles for company. In the winters he gets warm vicariously through the lives of others in cyberspace, so please check him out at http://www.williammeikle.com

Publisher contact

Dark Regions Press
P.O. Box 1264
Colusa, CA, 95932

Click here to learn more and view interior artwork from Carnacki: Heaven and Hell by William Meikle!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #168
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Wait, what?!
You said he had you at hello...

(*)(*)

Old 12-17-2011, 12:49 AM   #169
Murder.Of.Crows

Graus, I might love you....

btw you have some drool on you. right there.... where my face may have been... just to let you know...
Old 12-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #170
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Graus, I might love you....

btw you have some drool on you. right there.... where my face may have been... just to let you know...
I'm okay with that. Just clean up your drool.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #171
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up

The Dark Regions Press Gift Packs (Grab Bags) will only be available for five more days! Also, now all U.S. customers who place orders of $99 or more will receive free USPS Priority Mail Shipping while international customers who place orders of $99 or more will receive a free novella published by Dark Regions Press included in their package as a free bonus!

Full details: http://www.darkregions.com/free-usps...nal-customers/
Old 12-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #172
Grausamkeit

Don't be polluting our love with your stupid book crap!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #173
Chris_Morey

Hey this is the public Literature section. Why don't you two get a room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Don't be polluting our love with your stupid book crap!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #174
Grausamkeit

No! Its awesomeness must be shared with the world!

While jacking your thread!

Old 12-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #175
Murder.Of.Crows

lawls... but I agree, we were here first, and your a dirty liar if you say other wise. So get your own room.