Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:02 AM   #1
Videogirl88

Angry Work/Job Frustrations

For anyone who, like me, wants to rant about work related stuff.

Has anyone else struggled for years to get their career started? I've spent the past three years applying, interviewing, and getting rejected from all sorts of jobs. You don't have the qualifications, experience, or they just found someone better. It makes you feel like you wasted time going to school. Like you're somehow dumber than other people. And that you're going to be stuck unemployed and mooching off others forever. Plus no one wants to date someone without a 'real' job. You just keep asking, why does life suck so much?
Videogirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videogirl88 View Post
For anyone who, like me, wants to rant about work related stuff.

Has anyone else struggled for years to get their career started? I've spent the past three years applying, interviewing, and getting rejected from all sorts of jobs. You don't have the qualifications, experience, or they just found someone better. It makes you feel like you wasted time going to school. Like you're somehow dumber than other people. And that you're going to be stuck unemployed and mooching off others forever. Plus no one wants to date someone without a 'real' job. You just keep asking, why does life suck so much?
Took me about it. I achieved my Associates in two years and could only get hired in retail at first. Hardly anyone wanted to hire me after my military service and schooling. I was just hired as an installer for security systems but only after getting my bachelors last year. Over the past few years I heard it all, my favorite one was, "Thank you for applying, but unfortunately, you're over-qualified."
As if you applied to take their job. It kills me how insecure some people are with their position.

But keep trying Videogirl, you'll start on your career eventually.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
Platina

I work at a warehouse, but I'm a part of another company that specializes in helping those with 'problems', so to speak.

A year or so after they hired the new manager (my old boss got fired for something stupid), things for me started going downhill. She's...uh...'bossy', which I know is her job, but she's the annoying bitchy stuck-up kind of bossy, if that tells ya anything. At first it went smoothly, but as the months drove on, I've gotten to the point where I just can't stand her anymore! She's gotten me in trouble with the company I work for, over stupid stuff that could easily be corrected!

The last time she reported me a month ago, which I forgot why, would've been the final straw for me, but the amount of money I make, and the fact that it's hard for me to get hired due to some issues I have, are now the only things keeping me from quitting, or else I would've left after that incident!

I think I'll be going back to being a part-timer if I'm forced to look for another job, but I doubt that'll be enough to pay for my current living costs, dammit!
Platina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
BourbonBoy

Not really a frustration but more of a relief. I was spotted from my job today and feel so much better given how shitty the company I worked for was. Now the freedom to look elsewhere without the dumbasses giving me the hassle.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #5
podolRAw

Work/Job Frustrations

You wouldnt need a work visa to work online since you are not technically working in Mexico. I have been working online for years now and they are not the least bit interested in that job. I also know a few people who have lived in Mexico for 10 years just coming and going on a tourist visa, which is usually good for 180 days each time.
podolRAw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:39 AM   #6
PierceBautista

Don't discount your skills if you haven't been hired. For the manager to want to work with you, you need to demonstrate not only skills but also your personal qualities. I am familiar with the leaders of large companies that specialize in electricity.
PierceBautista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:03 AM   #7
PierceBautista

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceBautista View Post
Don't discount your skills if you haven't been hired. For the manager to want to work with you, you need to demonstrate not only skills but also your personal qualities. I am familiar with the leaders of large companies that specialize in electricity.
Of course, knowledge in this area is important, but they always pay special attention to your communication skills. While studying in high school, I realized I was very good at repairing various electrical appliances. First you need to choose the type of Electrician Training Course, so I'll tell you how much I can spend on such training immediately. Think about whether you really want to work in your profession.
PierceBautista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:41 AM   #8
THEUNQUIETGRAVE

I would argue that the Jobs and Workplace Environments have been bad for a really, really long time.

I remember even back around 2000-2003 with how many hiring freezes and low wages and other issues there were back then, and if I applied anywhere, I almost never got responses or anything for an Interview, but at most a Thank You Letter and inquiring how they are either having a hiring freeze or no opening at this time.

Most places would even advertise back then for jobs that aren't actually available, but they are just "testing the waters" to see who or what they have for "Skilled Applicants", without any real intention of ever hiring anyone.

Everything is really mostly about who you know and on what terms you are on with them.

I decided since 2004 to go into business myself, and I never looked back.

Seeing with what one has to deal with now, the Work Environment has become insanely more toxic and retarded than it ever has been, so it's no wonder why most people don't even want to work.

Always remember that most of these Employers are full of hot air, and a lot of the jobs are just "makework" and a bunch of bullshit that aren't even required to have any real or true skills, not even a degree either.

They just love to seem intimidating and throw their dead weight around, and in reality they do not want Intelligent, Creative or Valuable people, which is why they prefer to reject us. They want minds which are malleable and which do not question anything and will be willing to mindlessly take on more and more work loads.

In any case, if you do choose to apply or ever get an interview for a job, never be fearful or hesitant of putting the Employer/Interviewer in the position of pressure and to make it known by your presence and also questions you ask, that they would need "you" more than you need "them".

What I like to do is often question about Employee turnaround rates and how long people generally generally stay working there, even among their current staff members, because it is always a given sign that the work environment is a toxic one and/or has no upward mobility if people quit all the time, especially in under a year.

I like to also ask a lot of things about the Company's History and Direction.

Always make them feel "INFERIOR".

Most Employers couldn't even care less about their Employees as it is. Modern Work [Employment] is a sick joke.
THEUNQUIETGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 03:39 AM   #9
Yuriy19

I have been working from home for the last 3 years. Both the style and quality of work have changed a lot. Now I work for myself as an entrepreneur. There are some disadvantages, but there are also quite a lot of advantages. The main thing is what exactly you do, not where.
Yuriy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:38 AM   #10
Thal1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuriy19 View Post
I have been working from home for the last 3 years. Both the style and quality of work have changed a lot. Now I work for myself as an entrepreneur. There are some disadvantages, but there are also quite a lot of advantages. The main thing is what exactly you do, not where.
Thal1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:17 AM   #11
Dr.Thirteen

I've been without a car for a few months and having to walk back and forth to work(no busses or trains go there) 7.5 miles each way... finally getting a ride today ... the work is very physical and involves a lot of walking oh well could be worse...
Dr.Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote