Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #26
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastidious View Post
I think it might have to do with the fact that, physiologically, salvia is quite harmless. Marijuana, on the other hand, can effect significant changes in the brain. Keeping in mind that salvia hasn't really undergone anywhere near the amount of testing that cannabis has, so further study might come up with more "damning" evidence against salvia.

Also, what someone said about it not being a recreational drug. It's "interesting", but not a lot of "fun". So it's not as exciting for the government to rush to quash it's use :P But seriously, for that reason there aren't really issues with "abuse" of salvia, which is a key determinant in government banning a substance.

Well what you said about the government makes alot of sense. But as for the changes in the brain thing...I'm gonna have to disagree...My mind is messed up bad from that on hit...I've been seeing light flickers in random places...and patterns turn into faces and I can't really focus on any one thing that well...it sucks! I know it probably all has to do with the amount though...so its all my bad

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #27
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
which I smoke almost every day....
You didn't need to say that.
It's pretty obvious that you never, ever post with a clear and focused mind.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #28
Not Tha Duckman

Thumbs down

I call MASSIVE FUCKING BULLSHIT and PURE POSTURE.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #29
CptSternn

Quote:
Can someone please tell me why Salvia divinorum is legal...and cannibus isn't. I ask this question because of my experience aka. my thread in whining.
It's all based on politics these days. LSD was legal in the 60's, until Nixon decided it shouldn't be and it was behind all the hippie movements and made it the scapegoat for the anti-war movement.

Ecstasy was legal and sold in nightclubs across America until 1984, when alchohol produces saw it cutting into their profits, then bush/regan decided it was causing moral decay in the youth and they had to criminalise it.

GHB was legal until 1999, when Clinton thought it was being used as a date **** drug and banned it.

Marijuana was banned back during prohibition, because paper companies did not want hemp competing with their timber futures.

Once some politician finds a way to make themselves look like a white knight saving the public from some evil they can loosely link to salvia, it will be made illegal as well.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #30
vindicatedxjin

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Tha Duckman View Post
I call MASSIVE FUCKING BULLSHIT and PURE POSTURE.

You can think what you want...I really wish I could meet you in person and PROVE to you that I'm indeed NOT LYING

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
You can think what you want...I really wish I could meet you in person and PROVE to you that I'm indeed NOT LYING
How the hell would you do that?
And why would you want to?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #32
Breathless Horror

Don't worry about the patterns. I don't know exactly how it works, but hallucinogens work by randomly firing neurons that aren't normally used. Instead of dying from disuse, the randomly fired neurons survive and your brain builds new thought passages from them. Your thought process is just a little different now. I'm pretty sure it doesn't last too long, so your mind isn't messed, just a little...redirected.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #33
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror View Post
Don't worry about the patterns. I don't know exactly how it works, but hallucinogens work by randomly firing neurons that aren't normally used. Instead of dying from disuse, the randomly fired neurons survive and your brain builds new thought passages from them. Your thought process is just a little different now. I'm pretty sure it doesn't last too long, so your mind isn't messed, just a little...redirected.

I don't know whether thats a good thing or not :P

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #34
the-nihilist

I'd like me some psilocybin (magic mushrooms). I heard they can have a long term effect of improving your overall outlook on life.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #35
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
I'd like me some psilocybin (magic mushrooms). I heard they can have a long term effect of improving your overall outlook on life.

Dude you can get some really good ones from bouncingbearbotanicals

for pretty cheap too ^_^

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-15-2009, 03:31 AM   #36
Pineapple_Juice

I suddenly feel so much better about myself knowing I've never taken an illegal drug in my life.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:52 AM   #37
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
I suddenly feel so much better about myself knowing I've never taken an illegal drug in my life.
Why is that?

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #38
vindicatedxjin

Quote:

Well it all depends on preference.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-17-2009, 01:57 AM   #39
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
Why is that?
Cos I might've ended up like Vindicated.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:58 AM   #40
linkbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
Ahem, that would be "you're".. thanks. Have a nice day.
I'm not trying to start shit when I say that you are a pretentious coward correcting peoples grammar behind your internet anonymity.
This seems to have a pertinent sociological application.
I believe John Gabriel has his internet Fuckwad theory. It simply states that; given anonymity, a person will say or do things without fear that they will be hunted down.
Be grateful for the anonymity, it's why you still have teeth.
linkbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:05 AM   #41
Pineapple_Juice

You ever notice that once someone's been corrected on some part of their grammar or spelling they start talking way more eloquently than they were before? Like as if to say "Aha, the joke's on you now. That last word had four syllables in it! I am obviously not stupid."
Old 08-17-2009, 02:12 AM   #42
Joker_in_the_Pack

Salvia blows. First time I did it I didn't have ANYTHING even RESEMBLING hallucinations. I just felt very calm. Not pot high calm, just tranquil and clear.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #43
Pineapple_Juice

Well shit. You didn't even have to meditate or pay for a relaxing massage to get there! That's worth it.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #44
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Well shit. You didn't even have to meditate or pay for a relaxing massage to get there! That's worth it.
$40 an ounce.

Still have a good bit left over. Maybe I need a stronger one. Bleh.

Ok, drug question to you addicts out there.

Any good thing to get you hyper and fast that isn't Meth or a derivative?
Don 't say Caffeine. I used to down 4 liters of Mountain Dew every morning in high school. I'm all but immune.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:12 AM   #45
linkbroken

Quote:
You ever notice that once someone's been corrected on some part of their grammar or spelling they start talking way more eloquently than they were before? Like as if to say "Aha, the joke's on you now. That last word had four syllables in it! I am obviously not stupid."

Yes I have. I do hope you don't think the correction was aimed towards me though. That would be embarrassing for both of us as we would be arguing about nothing from here on out.
linkbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #46
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Cos I might've ended up like Vindicated.

Actually because you might have ended up killing yourself by now.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #47
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
$40 an ounce.

Still have a good bit left over. Maybe I need a stronger one. Bleh.

Ok, drug question to you addicts out there.

Any good thing to get you hyper and fast that isn't Meth or a derivative?
Don 't say Caffeine. I used to down 4 liters of Mountain Dew every morning in high school. I'm all but immune.
Good call on not doing Meth, it's a healthy decision. Pretty much all of the uppers are amphetamine based, though MDMA is the "safest". The only problem with X is that it's usuall cocktailed with something else. Personally, I've had hits that had speed (Amphetamine), some had caffiene, and two were almost straight meth. If you get them from someone you know and trust, preferably someone who has sampled the batch you're buying from, you usually don't have to worry too much.

Though I will say if you're looking for a show drug, the HUGE problem with all amphetamines and uppers is that they cause you're body temperature to skyrocket. If you're in a packed club, it get's REALLY hot quite fast, and you have to be really careful to avoid severe dehydration and heat stroke. Me and a friend drank about 6-8 L (almost two gallons, I believe) of water at a 3.5 hour show.

Also: if you payed $40 for an O of Salvia, thats gotta be some of the shittiest salvia ever to be sold for consumption. Either that or it was unprocessed leaves straight from the plant. What you want is to find a nice 20X concentrate and smoke that. Make sure you hold the smoke in for as long as you physically can, and repeat doing so until you start tripping, at which point I severely doubt you could make yourself smoke more.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #48
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbroken View Post
Yes I have. I do hope you don't think the correction was aimed towards me though. That would be embarrassing for both of us as we would be arguing about nothing from here on out.
I wasn't aiming my comment at anyone in particular.

Quote:
Actually because you might have ended up killing yourself by now.
Why?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #49
Breathless Horror

Quote:

Why?
Depends on what drugs you experiment with. Pot and Salvia are incredibly unlikely to result in death, but a bad batch of magic mushrooms can kill you, as well as with pills you sometimes don't know what you're really getting. I double dropped (bad idea) two pills I got from a random guy at a bus stop (really bad idea) and spent about 7 hours reminding myself to breathe curled up in a ball feeling like my head was about to pop. Also, with hallucinogens such as acid and mushrooms, there's a chance you'll overlook something important, like that car 20 feet down the road going 100km/h.

Responsible drug use isn't hard though, so fear not. As long as the hard stuff like extasy, acid, speed, etc. is kept down to an occasional use s'all good.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #50
Wrath

Regardless of legal or not one takes it apon themselves to do any sort of drug.
One can hardly blame the govornment if you smashed your face up . You chose to try a drug and found out what happend after it.
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote