Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
DarkGentleman

Unhappy Bald goths

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen any other "bald goths" around much?

Since hairstyling is part of fashion in a point view and part of this topic would relate to whining but I thought this is the best category for this situation.

I know have mentioned before that I have dyed my hair, used gel and other hairstyling products often.
The real damage: I was in college during the fall of 1996, I had long hair (about 10 inches below the shoulders) until some drunken numbnut lit my hair on fire. 2/3 of my hair was singed off, luckly it didn't burn to my scalp (well, a bit of the top of my head, whew) and I have kept my hair really short since then. About 5 yrs ago I started shaving my head very often and felt comfortable with that. Then some people were labeling me as a "skinhead", "an aryan member", "fetishfreak" or "racist" based on my shaved head and gothic outfits combined.

I am NOT a prejudice person and I totally despise racism.
Has anyone else seen this kinda thing happen to some goths that are bald-headed?
Is this a bad image for me to be a bald-headed person involved in the goth subculture?

Most times I do wish I had my hair back but after that incident in '96, I just can't even bother to try growing it back and some areas won't grow back either. I guess that means I am pretty much screwed on this.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
Extraordinary

I don't know how to counsel you on this but I hope you killed the guy for that.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraordinary
I don't know how to counsel you on this but I hope you killed the guy for that.
OMG, I did miss out that little gem there didn't I?

Well in matter of fact, after my head got put out, my classmates and the bouncers took him out to the back and gave him a good beating.
After I calmed down, I went outside to see what was left of him and he was pretty much pinned to the wall. I had never been so pissed off for somebody doing that to me and did my share of the asskickin' there. We cut off all his hair, his clothes and tied him to a streetlamp post.
The other good part was that his gf dumped him and came back to my dorm with me.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:47 AM   #4
Heatherzilla

lol. I almost feel sorry for him, but only almost.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 AM   #5
chelseagirl

I love shaved heads. I'm actually not too keen on long hair on guys...with some exceptions, of course.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:12 AM   #6
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherzilla
lol. I almost feel sorry for him, but only almost.
Quite frankly I did too, but after that happened, I was frantic about being burned alive or something. I am not a violent person either, but the rage was unbearable.
Besides, cutting off his hair was my idea (eye for an eye thing) and the rest was theirs.
The guy did apologize to me few weeks later and I forgave him.

I sure don't want to go through that again.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #7
Vyvian Blackthorne

Goodness, I would definatley not think it'd give our culture a bad name; unless you're in a easily judgmental area that has a bad history with our subculture...I think that it could be a good style in goth, though to prevent the accusation of nazism and racism like you mentioned I might stay away from the military-like attire. I wish I could reccomend something...darn...my mind's been empty for a bit. And the arsehat who did that to you is most likely a janitor

Goth Forever

Goth Forever
Old 06-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGentleman
OMG, I did miss out that little gem there didn't I?

Well in matter of fact, after my head got put out, my classmates and the bouncers took him out to the back and gave him a good beating.
After I calmed down, I went outside to see what was left of him and he was pretty much pinned to the wall. I had never been so pissed off for somebody doing that to me and did my share of the asskickin' there. We cut off all his hair, his clothes and tied him to a streetlamp post.
The other good part was that his gf dumped him and came back to my dorm with me.
I would feel sorry for you, but then you and your friends went and did this.
You said yourself he was drunk. While that's not an excuse, he was not in his right mind, and doesn't deserve any more than a punch and quarantine, if that. Not only that, but public humiliation is not cool. At all. Two wrongs do not make a right.

What's more...unless the girlfriend knew you before this night, it's just pathetic that she came home with you. (assuming it was for sex.)
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

Onto the actual issue:

I don't tend to like bald men, but my boyfriend (IsolatedReptile) is shaved bald and I think it's extremely sexy. Like most hairstyles, it varies. You really have to have a good shaped head and face to pull off the bald thing.
As for it making goths look bad, I don't think it does. Lots of people shave their heads, including goths, neo-nazis, black people, Jews, and people that have no connection to any of the above groups.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #10
badteccy

Eldritch is bald (now) and he's still pretty bangin'.
Yea also to the OP...you're kind of an ass, as is the guy who burned your hair. In general, you are both asses.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:48 AM   #11
Draconysius

You could always cover your head in tribal tattoos. That looked cool on a guy I saw at the Bauhaus concert. At least then you'll look more like a weirdo and less like a Satanist. XD
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #12
Splintered

Wig?

I've seen a ton of bald gothic people.
At least, I think they're gothic.
I don't even know what that is anymore.

But they looked gothic.
And they were bald.
So ha.
Fuck you!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #13
DarkGentleman

Hmm, I guess it's not so bad to be bald after all then. Maybe I was a little insecure of my looks or I let some people's ignorance get to me. Now I feel a little more confident.
As much as I like Draconysius' idea with the tribal tats on the head, that was something I had in mind for a while and still not sure about. However, I thought about some on the back of my neck and that way it doesn't look too bad. Thanks anyways, Drac.
I used to just wear a beanie mostly but I think I need something new.
I was mentioned of some styles of hats that some goths wear, hmmm does anyone know some other nice ones or even some cool looking ones?

Now to add a little more clarity here:

Underwater Ophelia, I know the behavior during the incident wasn't pleasant or acceptable and I'm actually NOT proud of it myself either.
People can do stupid things during their college years no doubt of that, but that's the past now and do have to live with a few regrets too.
The girl actually stayed and took care of me till I saw a doctor the next day. After that, we dated a few times (had sex later) and decided to remain friends or study partners. It wasn't what you think, sorry if I made sound like that.

I do believe I have the head and face shape, I will have some pics of me posted when I get my digital camera next month and you can see for yourself. I have been told that tall men do look sexier bald anyways.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
Gaathan Crowe

Bald works my Brother! Don't let anyone tell you different!
Gaathan Crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
ape descendant

Rock that shit! You get what you get, take it in stride and run with it.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
Thorn-v

I haven't known any bald goths, but your actions should show anyone that matters/gets to know you that those labels are wrong.
Thorn-v is offline   Reply With Quote