Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #26
ArtificialOne

Vincent Price kicks ass!!!

And yes, taking babies and young kids to theaters is a big no no. Unless they are there for a babies or kid's movie... Get a babysiter or wait to till the film comes out on dvd.

And why can you buy a 2lt bottle of coke for 2 dollars but they charge you five bucks for a medium at the theater!!!! grrrrrrRRR!!!!

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #27
Kraven de Sade

The closest I come to talking through movies is snoring, and that's only if the movie really sucks.
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:14 PM   #28
Delicate_Torture

I love Japanese horror films and I do enjoy the remakes of them, if only for the interest of seeing how the directors and writers have coped with trying to communicate things that are ingrained within Japanese culture to a Western audience.

I was impressed with The Grudge, and was waiting patiently... or, rather impatiently for The Grudge 2 to be released in Australia. The thing about most Japanese horror films that I love, and that The Grudge used really well, is the use of silence to increase a feeling of anxiety within the audience when something is happening in the film.

There were a group of underage people who were in the cinema-it was rated R+18 which here means that it is restricted to an 18+ audience only-and these people giggled and chattered all of the way through the previews, which annoys me, but I took some deep breaths and told myself that they would shut up for the movie.

The film started and they kept talking. I got up and asked them to be quiet. They shut up for about 29.7 seconds. I got up again and told them to be quiet. I listened to the 'fucking fat goth' comments follow me back to my seat. I then went out and explained the problem to the manager of the cinema. He was really lovely and helpful and kicked the entire lot of them out. However, by this stage the feel of the movie was ruined and the 'feel' of these particular horror films is actually a large part of the atmosphere created in a deliberate way for the audience to participate in while watching the movie. When I went outside to explain this to the cinema manager he offered my girlfriend and I a total refund as well as free tickets to another session of The Grudge 2. I was SO impressed with the way that he dealt with the entire situation.

Unfortunately when Tracey and I left the cinema the group of 'children' (about 15 or 16y.o.) were still outside along with the one 'adult' who had apparently been with them and bought the tickets. He was incensed that his friends and he had been booted out of the film and that the cinema had refused to refund his money.

I made the mistake of laughing at the fact that he had even asked for a refund after being kicked out for such behaviours and ended up with a slap in the face and a split lip for the effort. It was still worth the laugh, though.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #29
ArtificialOne

Although generaly unimpressed with customer service in Aus. There were a few times that In thought it shown through...I just wished they had more free drink refills....grrrrr!!!!

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #30
ArtificialOne

Oh god what happened to what I typed?

Ok here it is again.

Overal I was unimpressed with customer service in aus. It did shine through quite well if I had to call a customer service number, or go to the bank. I just wish there was free drink refills in more restuarants!!!lol
Grrrrr!!!

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-29-2007, 08:56 PM   #31
Delicate_Torture

A lot of people from the USA are unimpressed with customer service in Australia when it comes to certain areas. I think that a lot of the time it is because the wages for certain service jobs in Australia are decent and the workers aren't reliant on their tips as they are in the USA.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:24 PM   #32
ArtificialOne

True....... I never found anyone rude.. just not that willing to actually help, most would stand around and chat and flirt with other kids. And don't get me started on the 16yr old who nagged and whined at Wendy's near Kmart..OMG! I wish I coulda beat that girl... I can't see how she stayed employed....

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-29-2007, 11:01 PM   #33
Delicate_Torture

Goddess, don't get me started on any 16 year old with a job.

It is a rare teenager who should be allowed to work in any area that has ANY access to the public. Let them stock shelves or change toilet paper. Do not put them in customer service positions until they can like spell the word service without like saying things like S.E.R.like.V.I.like.C.E.and.like.yeah.

And for Goddess sake, you worthless blonde little cunt, spit out your gum, close your mouth and do your fucking job. I don't want to spend 20 minutes listening to you complain that your boyfriend is fucking your sister. Seriously, if I were in a relationship with you I would be cheating on you as well... JUST TO GET SOME PEACE AND FUCKING QUIET.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #34
OCD Insomnia

Oh man...I can't stand people talking in the movies unless the movie is horrible. My fiance wont shut his mouth if his life depended on it. Normally I get so annoyed I just start kissing him with one eye twards the movie. It tends to work until I need a breathe of air. Ive actually thrown a ex-large pepsi in some guys lap for talking. if i recall it was the beginning of lord of the rings...I took my mom for her birthday and the man was talking about his dog to a stranger.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:03 PM   #35
Clockwork

I don't remember any severe instances with people talking through a film, although I am continually annoyed when my mother insists on blabbering nonstop any time we're watching a movie at home. Even if other people are present, and it's obvious they want to focus on it, she won't stop.

Babies are different though. Shame on parents that bring them into theaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Toni
at the end of the film, he lent forward and whispered in that wonderful voice of his "so ladies, did you enjoy the film?" Both girls screamed and legged it!
That man possessed such style...
Old 01-31-2007, 09:24 PM   #36
rawrwithcows

I'm fine with the talking sometimes, well... sometimes.. What annoys me most, is when the person behind me, kicks my chair. It's annoying enough that the person is chewing their popcorn like it's some sort of competition. (The noise that people make when they eat something really bugs me..).

Since I'm so small, it's also annoying when a really really TALL person just sits in front of me, but I can't really blame them.. oh well.

Meow.
rawrwithcows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #37
LaBelleDameSansMerci

They need to slope the theatre floors more. One of the lecture halls on campus slopes down toward the front, except for the front 5 rows, which slope UP toward the front, so the 2nd to about 8th rows are absolutely useless. However, there's not enough seats in the place that no one has to sit in those rows. That and people tend to fill those rows up first, leaving the back with some free seats... which is good for me, cuz I'm usually late and like to sit at the back for speedy exit.

Anyway, I have two stories about people being annoying in movie theatres.
My dad's friend likes to talk through movies. He thinks he's being all observant and witty when he says "Oh, and then he has an epiphany realizes how much fuller life is out at the vinyard house..." When it's completely obvious. I've sometimes been tempted to say "Yes, I know it's completely and utterly predictable. You don't need to remind me." Some other times, I've been tempted to give him a good elbow in the ribs. Then he has his bag of glosset raisins, which he crams his hand into noisily, as if he thinks he'll impress people by how much he can rustle and crackle his bag. He does it with popcorn too. And slurps his drink, even when it's full. He's a diabetic, and for every movie he goes to (he goes probably 2 or 3 times a week), he gets a large bag of popcorn and gets it so margiarine-ished up that it starts soaking through the bag, and his bag of glossets. He's gonna die in a few years at that rate.
Anyway, my parents and I always fight over who has to sit next to him. Inevitably, I'm the one who has to, because they're my parents so they're the authority figure.

My other story is about this guy who sat right beside me in a nearly-empty theatre. He seemed rather mal-adjusted, so pity chokes my spleen at least a bit...
Anyway, he would laugh GLEEFULLY at the most inappropriate parts, and shake his knees and stomp his feet as he did so. He slurped his drink and rustle and drop popcorn everywhere, and made many nasty comments, sometimes at no-one in particular, sometimes at me.
Oh, and he smelled.

But, being the passive, meek person I am, I just sat there and quietly seethed.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote