Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
jspooky

'Ello ello everyone!

Greetings Everyone. I'm Jessee. You don't have to add the extra e if you don't feel like it.

1. What do you do? I'm just about to start college. I graduated a year early from high school, so I have this summer to do absolutely nothing. I might get a job just to make money. I'm nearly constantly around my three best friends. When I'm not with my friends I make/alter my own clothes, play video games, read, dance, and journal. To accompany my journalling I take really pointless pictures of everything. Oh, and 4chan. Shhhh!

2. Where are you from? New Jersey. But I live in Jacksonville, Florida. It's too hot!

3. Who is your favorite author? Chuck Palahniuk. Neil Gaiman is second.

4. What are your favorite films? Fight Club, Mirrormask, Hedwig, TNBC, Requiem for a Dream, and Blow.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? That would probably have to depend on who I was marrying... >.>

6. At your funeral? I don't particularly want a funeral. I want something involving my closest friends scattering my ashes in Harajuku square, or something similar.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Doing something really epic and hilarious. Or helping someone.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Hahaha.. Like my hair and everything else, I'd insist that it'd be pink and black. Black trim with some sort of victorian print on the side [in pink of course] and maybe leopard print velvet inside...

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? That's a really hard choice.. Right now I'm really into this set of a REALLY short extremely layered beige-y skirt that I wear over knee-cut off tights, a long sleeved rippy "pirate" shirt that I cut the stomach off of to make a belly shirt with a few pairs of fishnets and my monster boots... It makes me feel really fantasy. :3

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Living in New Jersey, when it snowed.

11. What's your favorite band? The Cruxshadows. Forevaaarrr. <3

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm just starting college now. I'm majoring in Art Therapy. If you're not sure what that is, I'd love to explain!

13. Why did you join? Uhm. This looked like the most active and decently membered board I could find.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? I'm a girl.
jspooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
Lolly PopMuzik

Welcome. Seriously, what is Art Therapy, a psych major/minor offshoot?
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
viscus

I've been to Tokyo, and I don't recall there being a place called "Harajuku Square."

Welcome, though.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Wednesday Friday Addams

4chan is the place no one mentions but everyone goes to.
Welcome to G net.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
L'Oiseau Noir

Someone who's actually from New Jersey (or was)! My goodness. I'm living there now, and to be frank I hate it.

Anyway, you sound pretty cool. Welcome to the boards, and enjoy your stay.

P.S I like Neil Gaiman, too. My favorite books by him by far are Stardust and Neverwhere.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
KontanKarite

OMG!! WELCOME BACK, Jessee!!!!!!!!

*hugs*

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #7
youcancoughonmeagain

hi!
Go Jersey!
Art therapy sounds fun!
youcancoughonmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #8
Wormboy

erm... Hi...

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
jspooky

Sorry I kind of disappeared. I had a REALLY busy weekend. >.> But thank you everyone who welcomed me. <3

Art Therapy, for those who are wondering, is kind of a psych offshoot. It's basically like analyzing people's art and forwarding it to a psychologist to aid in their work. Sometimes this is done with outpatient therapy and in hospitals. Yeah, I watch a lot of rehab-oriented shows.

Stardust is probably one of his best books, but I never got around to seeing the movie.

& finally, Harajuku Square is near Harajuku station. It's really active on every other sunday where there is a large flea market sale and a ton of people dress up most Sundays in cosplay.

And hiii Joshy.
jspooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Is that you in the avatar? Welcome.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #11
biohazard

Welcome back to the boards.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #12
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspooky
& finally, Harajuku Square is near Harajuku station. It's really active on every other sunday where there is a large flea market sale and a ton of people dress up most Sundays in cosplay.
That little patch of concrete near the entrance to the Meiji Shrine? I didn't know it even had a name.

I have seen the greasers and fashion victims there.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote