Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: How do you deal with 'em?
shave? 14 10.61%
wax? 15 11.36%
pluck? 100 75.76%
electrolysis? 3 2.27%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2006, 10:50 PM   #176
Magpie_Tendencies

Can I ask why you shave your brows? It's just one of those things that I've seen done and never understood why...
Old 06-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #177
maggot

I don't do this, but I like haw it looks, and might do it some time, just as a trial to see if it looks good on me:

Just plain shaving them off. Not drawing anything afterwards, just an absense(sp?) of hair on my forehead.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:33 PM   #178
Magpie_Tendencies

Rosalinda Celentano, who played Satan in "Passion of the Christ", shaved off her eyebrows for the role because the producers thought that it would make her look less human. Just a little random trivia...
Old 06-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #179
Cicero

That was a woman?! Hmmm... I can't actually remember "Passion of the Christ" very well. My hands were over my eyes for a majority of the film.

I could never shave my eyebrows. They're there to keep sweat from dripping into my eyes, and there they will stay. Plus I rather enjoy looking human.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #180
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
That was a woman?!
I thought that it was a man too, until I looked up the name of the actress... Well, shaving your eyebrows will do that to you.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #181
maggot

I have really deep set eyes. 2 demensional pics can't do it justice.

Besides, my hair acts like a towel
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #182
Godslayer Jillian

Ya know, plucking your eyebrows is somehow addictive.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #183
Cicero

It is, actually. The stinging also acts as a good wakeup in the mornings.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:35 AM   #184
Somber Illusions

I have obsessive-compulsive disorder, my brows being one of my quarks. I pluck them everyday to make sure they're perfectly intact and to feel the semi-pain it releases.

I agree with Godslayer, the pain is very addictive. I naturally have super thick eyebrows, and I intentionally made them very thin so they would grow quicker, causing me to pluck more.

Sick, I know.
Somber Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #185
darkbird

I used to pluck my brows obsessively too. but then I bought an epilator and was finally able to leave my brows alone to grow, because I am now fulfilling my need to pluck on areas of my body that erm... need to be plucked. lol.
so now I only pluck the strayest of hairs from my brows because I'm quite eager to see how my natural brow shape looks like when it grows in, after so many years of having to draw on a fake shape!
(I'm surprised actually at how well they are growing in too! I know that if you pluck your eyebrows too much too often some hair won't grow back and I was kind of afraid of that.)
darkbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #186
Jacks Girl

Like many of you I'm also cursed with the dark hair/pale skin combo., which isn't helped by the fact that most members in my family (especially on my mums side) seem to be fairly hairy. Believe me if I didn't pluck my eyebrows everyother day it would look quite scary
Jacks Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:54 AM   #187
Ticklish

heh...
I'm growing mine back right now.. not a pretty process. It's like when you haven't shaved your legs for a week... or three... -_-' prickly.
As to why? I can't answer for anyone else, but... I shaved mine because I was bored. It was two in the morning, and.. yes. A craving for shaving, if you will. It was FUN.
Drawing them on is fun too... I like to base them off of cartoon characters. Like the Queen in Snow White (Disney version) or Pugsly from The Adams Family. I like to draw them on in different colors...
My old camp naturalist-type person spiked his eyebrows. It looked really cool, like a lizard.
Ticklish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #188
Anguelon

I have a huge problem with my eyebrows, they're brown and blond at the tips, the stray hairs are reddish and the worst thing is i wear glasses occassionally...so u guess the fuckin mess i get myself into when i want to pluck them. But they are very well groomed because i trace over them with a pencil to use it as a guide and voila perfect brows. My brows are naturally arched. Not to mention, there's a friend of mine who has a unibrow and i swear her eyebrows are practically married to eachother, i think the offsprings bloom in her genital area, what pisses me off that she plucks the stray hairs and has perfectly groomed and arched brows...but that goddamn freakin unibrow is sickening...she's the retarded version of Frieda!
Anguelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #189
Minyaliel

And you call yourself her friend while speaking of her in such a way on the internet? Poor gal.

My brows are naturally a little arched, not much, and so I just pluck them once in a while when I do realise that I have to. I'm not very fond of doing it, but the result is worth it, I think.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:56 PM   #190
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I once over plucked my eyebrows so for a few months I didn't have to worry about getting an unibrow. It was pretty freaky looking. But I let them grow back and now I do a better job. They look nice. Although when I was younger my eyebrows were blonde like my hair. Then all off a sudden they turned black!!! It's been horrible ever since. But it gave me an excuse to dye my hair black. My grandmother said that eyebrows turning black comes from her side of the family (which is my dad's.) But now having my hair really as light as it used to be looks funny because my eyebrows are so dark. It's actually quite amusing.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #191
Haunted House

My eyebrows have always been darker than my hair. I have naturally strawberry blonde hair, but I don't like it so I dyed it black (normal black. None of that blue black crap) and it dosnt look all that odd. The only thing weird about my eyebrows is the inner part of my left one fans out just a bit. This is because there is scar there from when I had the chicken pox that re-routed the hair growth to go in that direction. It's really subtle though so you can't really tell.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #192
Needled

Unfortunately, I'm quite vain. So nonetheless, any spare time I have is usually spent in front of the mirror plucking my eyebrows or squeezing blackheads that usually turn into pores that I just mistake for blackheads. For a long time I avoided waxing my eyebrows because I had an eyebrow ring. I retired the piercing a couple of months ago, and have just decided to continue plucking. Saves me ten bucks. I don't go overboard while plucking... I stick to the natural shape, and just pluck the few strays I get on the inner corners and at the ends.
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #193
transformingfate

yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Girl
Like many of you I'm also cursed with the dark hair/pale skin combo., which isn't helped by the fact that most members in my family (especially on my mums side) seem to be fairly hairy. Believe me if I didn't pluck my eyebrows everyother day it would look quite scary

SAME. It's somewhat annoying. I keep my brows quite well groomed normally - you can always tell if I'm having a bad week by how hairy my eyebrows are. I just use the natural arch and keep them neat underneath, above, and between. It's quite simple really.
transformingfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #194
Angel of the Dark

Usually I shave my eyebrows off completely.I have to do it few times a week,they start to grow back that fast...Then I draw them.It needs a little practising until you finally get them right as you wanted them to be.But in a time you learn to draw them right way...I haven't tried any other colours than black,although I have thought that it would be very nice to try sometimes something different.
Angel of the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:08 PM   #195
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Ya know, plucking your eyebrows is somehow addictive.
I agree... a few days/hours/weeks/whatever, you look in the mirror and see one of those tiny hairs growing back and you become neurotic.

"EEEEK! Where are my tweezers?!? Must pluck! Must keep eyebrows neat!"

....oooooorrr maybethat'sjustme....

By the way, I lust after Mana's eyebrows.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:21 AM   #196
Kiinu

...I er... darken my eyebrows with eyeliner...

they don't exsist otherwise...

0.0;
Kiinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:37 AM   #197
She_Is_My_Sin

Ooh when I went away on holiday, I forgot my tweezers. Everytime I looked at the little hairs growing through I just had an undying urge to rip them out! But when I got home, my mum caught sight of them & sorted my brows out for me. I wish I had a bit more of an arch, but I can never be bothered to sort it out. Also my eyebrows don't match my hair color, though I suppose it doesn't really matter because they're dark anyways.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:48 PM   #198
Neurosis

I used to pluck all my eyebrow hairs off and draw them in with a liquid eyeliner, something that took weeks to practice.

Well, I had a new boyfriend and he disgressed the idea of me with "fake" eyebrows and had asked to allow the hairs to grow. I did so, and I kept them shaped and arched.

Everyone overdoes their eyebrows at one moment. When I approach those encounters, I simply draw the missing area with an eyeliner pencil, and fill the rest of the eyebrow with a "brow powder" (or an eyeshadow that matches your brow color), to make the drawn-in eyeliner pencil seem more natural.

--Neurosis
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:30 PM   #199
DeathStalker

I take my eyebrows completely off; Simply because they suite me and I look good with them off. And i need not waste time with their hastle anymore as 'tis quite vexing to pluck and keep in perfect condition.
DeathStalker is offline   Reply With Quote