Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-09-2006, 06:14 AM   #1
Minyaliel

Messed up audition

Fuck, now I'm depressed. I just came home from an audition at the theatre for a newly written musical, where I was trying for the chorus. At the audition, I was surprised to find dance auditions were the first auditions, and then, those few lucky people who made it through those were allowed to sing their songs. We were divided into couples for the dance; I was together with a guy who seemed to have much theatre experience but just couldn't remember the choreography. It went well until we were to dance, two couples at a time, in front of the jury. He forgot the routine, probably because of nerves, and from there everything went from bad to worse for both of us. I really needed that job...!

If this post is inappropriate, please no flames, just ignore it. We're in the Whining section, after all.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:24 AM   #2
Euphoric Nightmare

Oh, how embarassing! Well there are other musicals. You must be quite talented if you went for an auaition for a musical. I wish I could sing, dance and act!
Euphoric Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
Lady Ruthven

That's a real shame, especially since it wasn't your fault, but it happens. Don't worry, there will be other jobs. Keep looking around and use the free time to practice your skills.

If it's any consolation, I would never even bother auditioning for a musical because I can't sing to save my life. Actually, I have to sing unaccompanied in the play I'm currently rehearsing for, so wish me luck with that!
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
Catch

I wouldn't let a bad audition discourage you from trying again. It might be a good idea to think of methods to remember everything. A notepad or pen is good. I wouldn't over think it either. Everyone gets nervous.