Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #51
Megansmom

Oh my gosh when I had my Mom post this question I never knew it cause such a commotion. But then again to each their own.
As far as the baby doll look NO WAY. My mom puts that stuff on our dogs. It looks cute on them.
For those of you who don't know my Mom says I can post my own questions and answers but I have to use her account. Screening and all that, " teenagers don't need as much privacy as they think they do." her words exactly.
I like the stuff that's more dark romantic. The ruffled blouses, long trench coats , pantaloons, aristocratic jackets. Kinda like pirate meets aristocracy
Megansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #52
KontanKarite

I just got done talking to pedobear...

HE APPROVES OF LOLIGOTH

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #53
Solumina

Also I just want to point out that dressing up as a porcelain doll is not considered loli, to make it loli you hike up the skirt and/or increase the cleavage. Just thought I would throw that out there as some people have begun to think that the doll look is automatically part of loli fashion
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #54
Despanan

Quote:
I like the stuff that's more dark romantic. The ruffled blouses, long trench coats , pantaloons, aristocratic jackets. Kinda like pirate meets aristocracy
That's not Loligoth, that's Romantigoth. It's a much better look IMO.

I must say MegansMom'sDaughter your typing style bares a remarkable resemblance to your mom's typing style.

Probably just because you're family...
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #55
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megansmom
Well, if you're still there, I'll just tell you to quickly outgrow your fancy for it.
It's unnecessarily expensive, a very luxurious "taste", superfluously elaborate, and the fixation with the Victorian era could not be any more unattractive.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #56
GothicChristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
That's not Loligoth, that's Romantigoth. It's a much better look IMO.

I must say MegansMom'sDaughter your typing style bares a remarkable resemblance to your mom's typing style.

Probably just because you're family...
Haha, the inability to type correctly.
I had the same issue for a while; perhaps she doesn't use the computer a lot?
She's in high school, correct? I'll suggest a keyboarding class.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #57
Rosie

Quote:
Bullshit. That book is the whole reason that word even exists.
Your quote doesn't even prove your point, and either way, it doesn't MATTER where the word comes from. It's the same shit with Goth/Visigoth/Ostrogoth.

Quote:
Listen girl, I know I've been a little harsh in this post, and for that I apologize, but you have to understand that you're talking with absolute certainty about something you know nothing about and that just pisses me off. Your intentions are noble but you're totally misguided. You can't keep contesting cold, hard, textbook facts with hearsay and rumors from your friends or some otaku from the internet. And don't trust that stupid "Gothic ****** Bible" That thing's about as reputable as my retarded uncle Wally. It's just a way to make money off confused teenagers.
What cold, hard facts??

You have GOT to be a troll. Even for G.net, this is a new level of twattery.

Quote:
It's bee backed up multiple times now in this thread.
Where! Where has it been backed up! All you're doing is arguing over a word.

Quote:
Just face the facts jack, it's fetish, stop being a dumbass.
You're just as bad as the guy above you. Wow.

Quote:
Also, wikipedia isn't always the most reliable place to get information, btw.
YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INFORMATION.

Quote:
I personally would never allow my children to dress so provocatively, but they are your kids. I also feel that Loligoth is rather tasteless and overdone.
HOW is it provocative? I don't think you know what it is. "My friend said this" isn't an argument, either.

Quote:
I just got done talking to pedobear...
OH LOL I JUST GOT TALKING TO LONGCAT HE SAID HE'S LONG LOOL facepalm.jpg
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #58
GothicChristian

By the way, I'll still wear my princely loli.ta clothes and EL clothes, no matter what you say, I've given up on attempting to prove my point. People here are thick, Kontan and I at least saw nearly eye to eye; that's enough for me.

By the way, I'll probably be gone for a while.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #59
Miss Cogs

I am so confused. o.O

*stays out of conversation*
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #60
Fleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cogs
I am so confused. o.O

*stays out of conversation*
I read through the entire thing. I'm confused as well.
Fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #61
Despanan

Honestly Rosie, I'm not a troll. I'm actually a fairly reasonable guy.

However if you're going to ignore the dictionary definition and etymology of ******, and claim that it's a term like "Goth" that's evolved I'm going to call you a foolish. If you're going to ignore every source that is presented and continue to insist upon "sources" I'm going to ignore you, and if you're actually going to insist that a when a sexually provocative style of dress named after a word for nymphet worn by an underage girl isn't likely to attract unwanted attention to said underage girl I'm going to conclude that you're a fuckwit of dangerous proportions.

A spade is a spade honey.

edit: And you seriously wonder how it's provacative? Short skirts, low necklines, Knee-to-thigh high socks and the appearance of youthfull naivety and vulnerability isn't enough for you?
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #62
Lolly PopMuzik

Uber late to the party but...Ero-loli, anyone? What I see of it is that it's all more risque traits of loli in general rolled into one. (Corsets on the outside, short skirts and sleeves, cleavage and the like)

And it's astounding that nobody mentioned brolitas.

http://loli(insert the rest)burger.pbwiki.com/
Warning: You will LAUGH.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:39 PM   #63
Solumina

damn it that site made rice fly out of my nose, which is a really odd, painful experience, thanks a lot

Oh and really everyone just ignore Rosie, she does this shit on a somewhat regular basis, then says how much she hates everyone here, how much we suck, and how we don't know anything, yet she stays which leads me to think that A) she is a troll and we should ignore her, B) she is a pathetic excuse for a human being and does not deserve any attention, or C) both A and B
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #64
korinna5555

Rosie and Signe should have bitchy little babies who will kill us all.

Cogsy, I agree.. XP
Old 05-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #65
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megansmom
Screening and all that, " teenagers don't need as much privacy as they think they do." her words exactly.
As a fellow teen, words fail to communicate how angry that makes me. EVERYONE is entitled to basically as much privacy as they need to be comfortable. I personally wouldn't accept such controlling behaviour from my parents, but it's not my place to tell you how to interact with your family. If it appears that I was doing so, I apologize in advance.

Quote:
Though I've never been partial to it myself, the romatic look can be quite fetching if done properly. I wish you joy of it, and hope your pocket book doesn't suffer unduly.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #66
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
edit: And you seriously wonder how it's provacative? Short skirts, low necklines, Knee-to-thigh high socks and the appearance of youthfull naivety and vulnerability isn't enough for you?
Edit: Fuck. I have to post this bastard again because my computer froze on me. -_- You guys are getting the summarized version of what was supposed to be said.

I find nothing provacative about the lo.lita fashion at all. Unless of course you are talking about Erololi. Skirts are knee - length. Neck lines range from the neck to 2 or 3 inches above the breasts. There is no such thing of thigh - high stockings. There is only knee - high or tights. As for the "youthfull naivety and vulnerability" the only thing that comes close to that is Sweet Lo.lita. In most cases when the teenagers grow up and they still like the lo.lita fashion then they dress EGL/EGA or Classic Lo.lita. Note: the female is dressed the classic.

Why the Japanese decided to call it lo.lita is beyond me. Prehaps it sounded kawii or it just sounded better. To me, there is nothing wrong with the fashion they just look like dolls to my sense. And as for prevs - anything can attract a prev or pedo. Not just this fashion.

About the fetish thing - anything can be a fetish [/END]

But when it all boils down to it, it's all a matter of persepective. One can see it as a blashemy or one could look at it as a passion. The lo.litas in Japan are very serious about this fashion and culture. They incorperate the fashion into their everyday lives. How is that different from us, if we truly hold our fashion and culture to us?

If the person who started this thread likes the fashion and so does her daughter. Then it's her parental right to let the child dress it. Although I do beleive she needs to stop asking us for advice. But in this case, its alright since she's seeking advice and in the fashion threads, most people who post here are seeking for advice.

Note: Sorry if I sounded bitchy. I'm just mad that the nicer, longer post didn't post. -_-
Old 05-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #67
Miss Cogs

So...it looks like most links didn't work. Does Lo.lita really need to be censored, guys. >.> It's just really one thing after another for me today. -_-

EGA

EGL

Sweet Lo.lita

Erololi
Old 05-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #68
Underwater Ophelia

I don't think that anyone is saying that lo.lita fashion is EXCLUSIVELY sexual. It's just not. You can dress lo.lita and be aware of the sexual connotations, and accept them and just not worry about it, because that is not what the fashion is about for you. Completely possible--and put into practice by many people. Nothing wrong with that.

However, no one can deny that to many people, particularly those who are seeing a lo.lita for the first time, would only recognize the sexual undertones.

I would think that it would not be uncommon for a man to see a girl in lo.lita fashion and make the connection that she is a full grown girl, but has the desire to appear innocent and sweet and get a naive sexy young girl out of it. In the case that this girl is actually a mature woman who knows how to handle such a situation, this would be uncomfortable, but likely safe.

In THIS case, however, where it is a very young teenager, the confidence, power, and maturity to deal with being advanced on by a much older man is lacking, and danger can ensue.

So no, lo.lita does not HAVE to be sexual, but to the wrong people, that's all it is. Unfortunately, when you're alone in a mall dressed like a pretty little doll with a pretty little mouth, the wrong people are the people who count.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #69
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
In THIS case, however, where it is a very young teenager, the confidence, power, and maturity to deal with being advanced on by a much older man is lacking, and danger can ensue.
This is true. But actually, it all depends on the maturity level of this girl. We can consider that her maturity level is very high. Although, from where I'm getting at, the daughter is not very mature. But this is due to how she responded using her mother's account. Regards, we will never know the girl's TRUE maturity and just assume that she is not ready for the advances of older males.

*sigh* The developmental process of adolescents.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #70
Underwater Ophelia

She said 12 and 15.

Another problem with this that Jillian has been trying to point out is that lo.lita style is extremely expensive and self-indulgent. Maybe that's fine with this woman, maybe it's not, but she would be wise to consider if she wants to teach her daughter to spend hundreds of dollars on a single outfit instead of using the money for something more useful or helpful to others.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #71
Solumina

Purchasing the loli look can get quite pricey but with careful selection of "normal" clothing you can get the loli look without paying all that much.

Here is something that I really don't get (and what honestly seems to be a big part of the discussions in this thread): why do EGA and EGL so frequently get lumped together to the point where many consider them the same? Yeah I get that there are similarities but the overall appeal of the looks are quite different.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #72
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
She said 12 and 15.

Another problem with this that Jillian has been trying to point out is that lo.lita style is extremely expensive and self-indulgent. Maybe that's fine with this woman, maybe it's not, but she would be wise to consider if she wants to teach her daughter to spend hundreds of dollars on a single outfit instead of using the money for something more useful or helpful to others.

Most actually make their own outfits. Didn't she ask for patterns and stuff? Most serious lo.litas actually make their clothing. It's usually the cosplayers who play that expensive clothing.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:41 PM   #73
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cogs
Most actually make their own outfits. Didn't she ask for patterns and stuff? Most serious lo.litas actually make their clothing. It's usually the cosplayers who play that expensive clothing.
What's your point? If she wants to make the clothing, she will. I was bringing up another idea.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:49 PM   #74
Solumina

That was in reference to your mention of the excessive cost, as it is fairly inexpensive to make your own loli clothing
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #75
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
That was in reference to your mention of the excessive cost, as it is fairly inexpensive to make your own loli clothing
Thank you.