Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:43 AM   #26
Scareebowfairy

There are plenty of emos around where I live. They honestly don't bother me, most of them I know are very friendly and interesting to chat with.
I personally wouldn't care if people called me emo, its not my problem if they don't know what the difference is.
I personally think If you choose to dress or be a little different, expect some sorta good or bad reaction from onlookers.
Scareebowfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:46 AM   #27
Opteron_Man

Sure people do make that mistake with me. When I bought two pairs of glasses, one was a wire frame and the other is a black plastic framed one. I stopped wearing the black plastic one then people would call me emo. I am only slightly familiar as to what emo is. They're weepy aren't they?
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #28
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareebowfairy
There are plenty of emos around where I live. They honestly don't bother me, most of them I know are very friendly and interesting to chat with.
I personally wouldn't care if people called me emo, its not my problem if they don't know what the difference is.
I personally think If you choose to dress or be a little different, expect some sorta good or bad reaction from onlookers.
The public is so dummied down, that most can't tell the difference.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:52 AM   #29
NightmareInShiningArmour

Or it's just not what they're interested in and they don't really give a shit so they just call you something because it's rude to stare.

/tired

EDIT: And yes, I do get called emo a lot -.-
Old 09-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #30
dabbadmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Sure people do make that mistake with me. When I bought two pairs of glasses, one was a wire frame and the other is a black plastic framed one. I stopped wearing the black plastic one then people would call me emo. I am only slightly familiar as to what emo is. They're weepy aren't they?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo

Most of those definitions are said in a negative light, but you get the idea.

However, where I live, emo is about 88% of the teenage population. Many whom I have met have prided themselves on their 'individuality' yet they all listen to the same bands, and wear the same clothing. >.>

I've been called emo twice I think. I was surprised at how much it offended me. Perhaps I have had too many bad experiences with emo kids.
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #31
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbadmc
Many whom I have met have prided themselves on their 'individuality' yet they all listen to the same bands, and wear the same clothing. >.>
That's most subcultures in a nutshell.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #32
Pantherlette086

I've never been called "emo." I have however been asked if I was a "devil worshipper" back in high school.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #33
Nocturne Midnight

Location: The center of the city where all roads meet, waiting for you.
I've only had two people seriously call me emo. Unfortunately, they both happened to be family. Both cousins two years younger. I've explained to a degree the difference to the really preppy one. And I just said to the stoner one "Do I look like my ass would even fit in skinnies?"
She got the picture.
Nocturne Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:41 AM   #34
Arashi

A few years ago, I got called "emo" a couple times; but it didn't really phase me. (despite the fact that I find the emo{or "scene"} trend extremely irritating)

These days, ANYONE that isn't in Abercrombie polos and cargo shorts, or gangsta attire, gets called "emo" it seems. Oh well. Ever since I made the switch to skirts 100% of the time, no one's called me that anyway. In fact, recently I get called "cute" most often in public. O_o *shrugs*
Old 09-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #35
Sabine Blodwin

Here in Brazil we have that "fever" about EMOS too... there are national emocore bands that plays at the radio and tv all the time, I'm going crazy ¬¬ ... and sure that for the people that don't know about other "urban groups" (I don't know how to say correctly what I want, I wish u can understand lol) will mask everyone that has something in common with EMOs as an EMO too...well I mean like a hair style or a make up...the fact is that "be called" something is fatal since you decide to have you own style and almost always this is not what you intend...most people don't have the individuality notion of that, just a grupal one that they see at magazines, tv shows, and radios...
Sabine Blodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #36
VXTip

yea a couple years ago my hair was taken to be emo, but i never got insulted with that slander when i had a deathhawk, that got me the more traditional "freak'n'******" insults
VXTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #37
crucifix

^heh, me too. I am growing my hair out and everyone says it is emo. Not really though. It doesn't cover my eyes and it isn't that annoying light bulb shape that emo hair is most of the time.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #38
lucylucy

I get called emo occasionally. It makes me laugh, because anyone mistaking me for emo must be really ignorant. If anything I'm some messed up cross between hippie and punk.

My boyfriend gets the emo thing a bit more often, but he looks more punk to me due to his facial structure and some of his clothing. He's really kind of a metalhead / classic rocker. Who does lots of drugs.
lucylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #39
MollyMac

Nothing more irritating then being mistakenly called emo? Damn, you made cancer cry.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #40
Bete Noire

Molly I'm taking that for my sig ig you have no objection?
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:59 AM   #41
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbadmc
ha, that is funny, the last one. "the differences between goths and emos. Emos hates themselves, Goths hate everyone, emos want to kill themselves, goths want to kill everyone." lol
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #42
Benerona

I was called emo in primary school.
I tried to explane those people that emo and goth is huge difference, but looks like they only know emo and they can't recodnize what emo is and what it' not .
At least now noone calls me emo, finnaly, I hate being called emo ..
Benerona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #43
Despanan

I don't get called Emo very often (unless it's my friends giving me shit). Usually most people think (incorrectly) that I'm in some sort of band or something.

I'm usually pretty inventive with my look though, and I rarely take the time to wear make-up.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #44
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire~the~Rose
There is nothing more irritating then being called Emo
How about I put your nuts on a belt sander, and then you tell me which is more irritating.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #45
stolide

I get called an emo by the same person about once a week... Everyone else seems to know I'm goth.

I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this. He thinks a goth is someone who only ever wears black (No such thing as gothic music acording to him), a punk is someone who wears both black and red (Never anything else though, and again no punk rock) and an emo is someone who wears more black than most people but not all black every day...

I've tried to explain to him that it has more to do with music than anything, but I think he's a little too dense to understand...
stolide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:41 AM   #46
Nexus-6

I've never been called an emo though when I was back in high school one of my teachers said that I looked like a Hitler Youth lol.
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:19 AM   #47
NightmareInShiningArmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolide
I get called an emo by the same person about once a week... Everyone else seems to know I'm goth.

I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this. He thinks a goth is someone who only ever wears black (No such thing as gothic music acording to him), a punk is someone who wears both black and red (Never anything else though, and again no punk rock) and an emo is someone who wears more black than most people but not all black every day...

I've tried to explain to him that it has more to do with music than anything, but I think he's a little too dense to understand...
Go Uni on his ass and teach him a lesson xD
Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #48
stolide

Lol... That would be funny... I think I just might do that... XD
stolide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #49
Lucius

I have been called all matter of stuff, but not emo yet. Called a Satan worshiper, freak, skin head (years ago when i did shave my head) the devil, but that by my ex and for entirely different reason. bitch...
Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #50
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire~the~Rose
There is nothing more irritating then being called Emo when the person is clearly not. I get this ALL the time. I'm in high school and I will be on my gloomy o'le way and the prep chicks who normal say something about my 'nasty' black lipstick will scream emo at me. Any one else get similar harassing treatment?
No, I know how to dress myself without looking like a prick.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote